Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so . . . . that Rex . . . . I haven't gotten a new toy since . . . the 89 Bats and Joker. Iron Monger got delayed . . . . kinda craving a new toy.

Nice gallery jasongawlik0313, I tried to do it but this came up ...
/home/sidesc/public_html/gallery/uploads/10908: Error creating directory (check permissions).

Please notify the System Administrator.

The latest MGS related thing(?) i got today....
Spoiler Spoiler:

----
So i was chattin' with a friend, about the Koto-Rex. He will definitely get it as he
doesn't have neither the space nor cash for the 3A's. Then i came to my senses
that I will have the 3A's, why should I get a smaller one.... then another thought
came to me 'What if Koto-Ray comes one day... you won't have enough space
for another 3A's' ... :slap

I don't know if I'm a hardcore fan of MGS - but i do actually want a Ray figure as well.

Nice gallery jasongawlik0313, I tried to do it but this came up ...

The latest MGS related thing(?) i got today....
Spoiler Spoiler:

----
So i was chattin' with a friend, about the Koto-Rex. He will definitely get it as he
doesn't have neither the space nor cash for the 3A's. Then i came to my senses
that I will have the 3A's, why should I get a smaller one.... then another thought
came to me 'What if Koto-Ray comes one day... you won't have enough space
for another 3A's' ... :slap

I don't know if I'm a hardcore fan of MGS - but i do actually want a Ray figure as well.

Are you going for the Big Boss Emblem eventually? I did it last week and I got the Platinum, what a pain in the ass that was. :slap

im in the middle of mgs1 from psn. it pisses me off that im going to have to play it all over again when the hd version comes out. mgs4 ive already beaten 5 times. all on hard.havent gotten the ambition to start getting trophies yet for it. itll be one of my goals tho. i know you were asking wolf but i was mentioned in the link too so i felt the need to respond. hehe.

im in the middle of mgs1 from psn. it pisses me off that im going to have to play it all over again when the hd version comes out. mgs4 ive already beaten 5 times. all on hard.havent gotten the ambition to start getting trophies yet for it. itll be one of my goals tho. i know you were asking wolf but i was mentioned in the link too so i felt the need to respond. hehe.

Their is no MGS1 HD coming out, where did you get that idea?

Kojima Productions has said last year that they want to do another remake eventually.

hey wolf i guess i dont understand what you mean. you cant see it? buy you said nice gallery. so? im confused............
I mean i can see your gallery, no problem in that. But when i try to upload any pic to my newly
created gallery the quoted message came up so i stop trying.

Are you going for the Big Boss Emblem eventually? I did it last week and I got the Platinum, what a pain in the ass that was. :slap
I'm not really sure, the motorcycle seen was quite a pain. I passed it in BBH with sheer luck.
Is it much harder compare to BBH?

To give you guys a heads up. If you ordered Metal Gear REX from 3A you should know that it was confirmed by the moderator on the 3A forums that the head does not turn at all and it only has articulation to move up and down and not side to side because of the dumb ****ing electronics. The electronics should not be in place if they hinder articulation.

More and more I don't even want the ****ing thing...

To give you guys a heads up. If you ordered Metal Gear REX from 3A you should know that it was confirmed by the moderator on the 3A forums that the head does not turn at all and it only has articulation to move up and down and not side to side because of the dumb ****ing electronics. The electronics should not be in place if they hinder articulation.

wow..............i was gonna totally turn its head and do a screaming type look, thats doodoo. im not pleased i would have taken function over form.

wow..............i was gonna totally turn its head and do a screaming type look, thats doodoo. im not pleased i would have taken function over form.

The moderator spoke to one of the Engineers that helped create REX and the choice came down to either turning left or right, or up and down. So they chose up and down since the electronics are in the bottom jaw. I don't know specifically how it works but that's where were out now.

I would of taken no eletronics, it's kind of a cheap little addition if you ask me... especially since it hinders 100% articulation.

The moderator spoke to one of the Engineers that helped create REX and the choice came down to either turning left or right, or up and down. So they chose up and down since the electronics are in the bottom jaw. I don't know specifically how it works but that's where were out now.

I would of taken no eletronics, it's kind of a cheap little addition if you ask me... especially since it hinders 100% articulation.

Well, that just flippin' sucks. The paint color is so innacurate, and now the head doesn't even move? I'll wait until I get REX in hand before making any final judgements. But, in case it doesn't meet my expectations, I'll just return it to Sideshow and get the Tumbler instead! :slap

I agree. They shouldn't have sacrificed articulation for electronics, if it came down to making a choice. Even "light-piping" like what you'd find in a lot of Transformers figures, would have been a better option, than limiting REX's range of motion.

Last edited:

I couldn't agree more, went back to see the unpainted pics and the head never actually turned. :gah:

This is bad, real bad. I was planning to display him alittle side way with his head turned to actually fit the rail gun in the display area.

cmon, really? i hardly doubt youll send this back for a friggin batmobile. itd be a poor choice. theres so much batman. im tired of him. rex is the 1st one off serious piece of artwork. this thing can suck and ill still love it......................just like that chincey medicom raiden, even tho this thing costs 3 time more. i have this feeling everyones *****ing for nothing. its going to be awesome. rex was probably green from the get but the blue saturation in the game didnt show it amongst many things they couldnt even put in a ps1 game. i actually like the green camo on it. i think i would have preferred the side to side motion than up and down. they could have fixed his head higher. on a side note, does anyone know if meryl is going to go out as planned? anime island says august 31st. i certainly hope so....................

Last edited:
Honestly I am starting to ponder Rex too. If I were to just sell him immediately upon arrival I could probably get maybe $450 or so if I am lucky. I wonder what I would buy in its stead. As a general rule, I only sell figures to buy figures so I would replace him immediately probably with the preorder of the Sagat PF if it is still around.

I'll try to stay hopeful. Judging by early shots they knocked the Ambush straight out of the ballpark and to me Rex seems to have been their most dedicated work. I figured it was made to try to showcase how strong 3A products can be so if it turns out actually disappointing that's going to leave a bad mark on their company for quite a long time.

so why they locked the head? For some wires which lead to some tiny led? you kiddn right?

i hear ya they couldve even ran em externally looking like cables for all i care. i cant wait to see it up close maybe theyll be a mod that can be done. just kinda sucks that theyd wait til a month before its release and the preorders are closing to tell us this crap.

so why they locked the head? For some wires which lead to some tiny led? you kiddn right?

That came from the engineer so it's definitely true. Ashley Wood hasn't made a statement on REX at all since it was up for pre order 6 months ago. They make great stuff, but honestly get your **** together dude. This information would of be welcomed before people dropped half a grand on it.

Back