Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK...thanks for the info guys....i think my bootleg ninja will do till i get the original...aesthetically they are the same i just while posing that it feels wrong and cheap especialy in the foot articulation it barely move and when it does in a second gets back to its original position it fells more like a soft vinyl than hard plastic like my snake.....
post some photos below....the only defect i found in my snake is that the golden rings on his left arm shoulder are barely paint but nithing to serious.....

Could you make some pictures with Snake and Berserker (or other HT Predator) side by side ? :pray:

Totally getting it.
But what's up with 2 P90? Didn't he only had 1 in the game?
They should have gone with adding 2 swords instead.

He does have two P90's, remember when he takes down the metal gear rays, he had the swords in the prototype images, hopefully he'll still have them.

Yeah i'd like some clarification before I take action on ebay etc!

There are numerous signs my Snake is a bootleg but when I look at the actual fig it's just like "it can't be a bootleg" If it is its a scary good one.

My thoughts exactly. In retrospect, even the Gray Fox figure that said "Tckugawa" instead of "Tokugawa" might have also been legit. But the factory that produced the defective batch of figures, got them sent out and distributed for sale.

Anyway, it's pure conjecture on my part. Has anyone tried emailing Square to ask them about it?

My thoughts exactly. In retrospect, even the Gray Fox figure that said "Tckugawa" instead of "Tokugawa" might have also been legit. But the factory that produced the defective batch of figures, got them sent out and distributed for sale.

Anyway, it's pure conjecture on my part. Has anyone tried emailing Square to ask them about it?

Not square enix but my seller. She gave me a pretty useful reply and seemed clued up on the situation. The missing serial number is apparently due to them not being sent to overseas retailers etc.

I'll paste the full reply when I can!

The Solidus is the most beautiful thing I've seen in a long time. The head-sculpt is like.....wow. I never thought I'd be getting another Solidus figure after that Mcfarlane from way back in the day. I'm going to get two, for sure.

My only nitpick is that it would be great if the tentacle attachment came off, but after seeing the unpainted sculpt I doubt that'll be happening. Oh well.

I bought a Solid Snake from a ebay seller in Hong Kong and read on here that it might be a bootleg so I checked it and it seemed like a bootleg. I emailed the seller about the toy that he sold me that it's a bootleg and I got this reply from him.

"hi

sorry for the late reply

I have forward your detail information to square enix hongkong office to verify

they reply that, the number “DGTC-1203” is the LOT NUMBER of stock. not Serial Number. the box have this number is classify for sell in USA & CANADA and the official distributor is sideshow.

the box no LOT NUMBER is for sell in asia (hongkong, japan and singapore). both are OFFICIAL SQUARE ENIX product.

the other points of the quality difference on the figure. because the paint on the figure is hand paint by the labour. not print by the machine. so the paint may be not the same with other. especially the paint on the figure face.

the boxes are printed from 2 print factory. so it may have little color difference.

I 100% guarantee my item is OFFICIAL PRODUCT from SQUARE ENIX

I know some information form the forum is not real. for example. some people said the square enix metal gear ninja figure is bootleg because the ninja’s head painted “TCKUGAWA” not “TOKUGAWA”. but the truth is the paint mold (the letter "O”) in one production line is little damage. so the ninja head painted from this production line is shown “TCKUGAWA”. the quality control in square enix did not detect this problem before release the item to market. so some ninja figure have this problem in market. SQUARE ENIX has a notice on this before.

I only can said quality control on square enix is not good. if you still think the quality on paint or other part is not good. (NOT the LOT NUMBER on box). you can give me the picture to show the problem. I will request square enix to exchange (they accept exchange of quality problem) or refund. I hope you can understand

please reply

thanks"

Also, I bought another one from Japan and compared both. There are differences like the outside of the box. I have not opened either of them as I'm planning on getting them signed by David Hayter.

That's informative Boba. Thanks. I suspected it might have been something like that. Thanks for clearing that up.

If the seller is telling the truth of course.

That's similar to the reply I got, i.e the serial number missing is on the ones for sale in asia.

Here is the reply from my ebay seller:

Hi, I heard of this situation online. The figure doesn't have a serial number at the bottom of the box. I heard that there are people think the figure box without a serial number is a bootleg but it's not true. I already did investigation on this figure, that article you mentioned online was very misleading.The figures I got are from the supplier who have connection with the manufacturing factory, so the figure are direct from the manufacturing line in Square Enix's factory in China, so they don't all have serial numbers, only the products shipped for sale overseas were printed with serial numbers. I'm pretty sure my figures are original products, not bootleg, not fakes, if there are fakes one be made, it would flood into the market and on ebay. (Also, you may contact Square Enix company to check if there are any fake version of this Solid Snake figures.)

The seller that Boba was dealing with wasn't honest (or they unintentionally had the wrong information) about Sideshow being the main distributor in the U.S.. Sideshow doesn't even have the Solid Snake figure in stock.

Good job in getting those replies, guys. Just for clarification, I think you should try to contact Square to get an official statement, and send some pictures of your boxes.

Yeah I decided to order a tamashii stand to use for it. When did you PO it? I did as soon as they listed it while it was still 49.99, the same for Snake too. Now it's 59.99 and they still honored my original PO.

578685_2038845748694_1770780825_1002949_535101354_n.jpg

I bought a Solid Snake from a ebay seller in Hong Kong and read on here that it might be a bootleg so I checked it and it seemed like a bootleg. I emailed the seller about the toy that he sold me that it's a bootleg and I got this reply from him.

"hi

sorry for the late reply

I have forward your detail information to square enix hongkong office to verify

they reply that, the number “DGTC-1203” is the LOT NUMBER of stock. not Serial Number. the box have this number is classify for sell in USA & CANADA and the official distributor is sideshow.

the box no LOT NUMBER is for sell in asia (hongkong, japan and singapore). both are OFFICIAL SQUARE ENIX product.

This is bull____.

I bought my PA snake and ninja from Japan it has the lot/serial no. The one in my local dealer (Indonesia) also has it.

Back