Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, mine has a serial number engraved on the bottom of the box (DGTC xxxx)

Edit: Just checked, S Snake,Gray Fox, Big Boss (both) boxes, and all have serial numbers engraved.. same for Deus Ex figures I own

Anyways a bootleg figure nowadays are pretty difficult to distinguish from the original ..(just remember the HT Wolverine )
Really, well mine has nothing in terms of a serial number. Going off that and all those points matching my figure, I guess I have a bootleg lol. A pretty damn good bootleg at that.

Has it been confirmed that there's already a bootleg version of this? Just seems odd, since this is just out not long ago.

Just got mine last week and opened it yesterday for both Snake and Fox. They both are awesome looking, but comparing the two, and of you can only get 1, then Snake definitely takes the cake.

It hasn't been confirmed mate. It's just all points point towards it being a knock off at this point! Especially the lack of a serial number! We will wait and see :D

Hi guys...i get my gray fox today and is the ona wich says tckugawa....i buy it in ebay and it was sent to me from taiwan....the thing is im comparing the grey fox box with the solid snake box and both are icuals....i mean both have the code at the botom , the same tipe of letter ,everything is the same.....now the figure it kind fall apart, i broke the left arm...the joints of the arms where to stiff a most of it because of the paint....one knee pop out every time a move it and there is not any glue at any joint...the plastic fell very cheap and it feels more like a rubber tham a hard plastic like the snake does....and finally the helmet has a mate finish and is not glossy at all....
guys the ones ho accualy have the figure that says tokugawa please tell me if something of this happen to you....thaks

(im from argentina and i apologize for any misspelling)

Hi guys...i get my gray fox today and is the ona wich says tckugawa....i buy it in ebay and it was sent to me from taiwan....the thing is im comparing the grey fox box with the solid snake box and both are icuals....i mean both have the code at the botom , the same tipe of letter ,everything is the same.....now the figure it kind fall apart, i broke the left arm...the joints of the arms where to stiff a most of it because of the paint....one knee pop out every time a move it and there is not any glue at any joint...the plastic fell very cheap and it feels more like a rubber tham a hard plastic like the snake does....and finally the helmet has a mate finish and is not glossy at all....
guys the ones ho accualy have the figure that says tokugawa please tell me if something of this happen to you....thaks

I own Gray fox aswell and says tokugawa, the materials are hard plastic like Solid Snake , except the crotch piece because is softer platic or rubber ¿? (not sure )

The helmet is light greyish (and has metalic finish somehow) but is'nt glossy at all (however not matt finish)

All the joints are very tight, but did'nt have any problems with poping out parts or painting as you say (the elbow joints are'nt painted, its just the base and natural color of the plastic )

Can't tell you if yours is bootleg or not, but Just one advise: Do'nt trust on Taiwan sellers man..I tell you from my own experience :lecture

Anyways Lonewolf posted this info about bootleg Gray Fox:

Sharing a Bootleg alert for the Play Arts Kai Cyborg Ninja, source is PTK (PinoyToyKolektors) forum:

TCKUGAWA instead of TOKUGAWA
- little to no gloss finish on the mask
- white finish

- Box has a serial number, but the Font/lettering is different compared to other PA Kai boxes (Sneaking Suit Naked Snake, Batman), which are all the same font

Last edited:
Then I guess it's better to be on the safe side and just buy from official retailers if you have the chance. Ebay seems like too much of a risk.

I own Gray fox aswell and says tokugawa, the materials are hard plastic like Solid Snake , except the crotch piece because is softer platic or rubber ¿? (not sure )

The helmet is light greyish (and has metalic finish somehow) but is'nt glossy at all (however not matt finish)

All the joints are very tight, but did'nt have any problems with poping out parts or painting as you say (the elbow joints are'nt painted, its just the base and natural color of the plastic )

Can't tell you if yours is bootleg or not, but Just one advise: Do'nt trust on Taiwan sellers man..I tell you from my own experience :lecture

Anyways Lonewolf posted this info about bootleg Gray Fox:

Sharing a Bootleg alert for the Play Arts Kai Cyborg Ninja, source is PTK (PinoyToyKolektors) forum:

TCKUGAWA instead of TOKUGAWA
- little to no gloss finish on the mask
- white finish

- Box has a serial number, but the Font/lettering is different compared to other PA Kai boxes (Sneaking Suit Naked Snake, Batman), which are all the same font

Yep i ll never buy this kind of things from ebay now it was rigth after i buy fox when i
Notice this could happen.....oh well i think that loosing you learn at least it wont happen again

Which seller is this, so that we can avoid this seller. Also, can you take some pics of the figure and box as well?

Yep i ll never buy this kind of things from ebay now it was rigth after i buy fox when i
Notice this could happen.....oh well i think that loosing you learn at least it wont happen again

I bought my MGS figures on Ebay, from a HK seller (inxstation), I purchased many items from them in the past, and is 100% reliable...However I do'nt trust Ebay sellers from Vietnam or Taiwan for example.. :nono

I'm sorry if your Gray fox is bootleg man! :( (Menudo kilombo pibe..:/)

Edit: Another 100% reliable Ebay seller is Toyspark.. he is from HK aswell

Last edited:
Does anyone offer a custom snake head sculpt? I looking to buy a mgs2 or mgs1 version. Anyone please Lmk.

Anybody have any pics of these bootlegs? Just so everybody has a better idea what to look for (even though somebody already listed what to look for). I think visually, people will have a better understanding, that's all.

I'll try to take some photos tomorrow....the only diference i foud in the box is the 25th aniversary sticker....in the snake one the leters are white an the numbers of the years read perfectly....in the ninja ona the letters are also white but translucent and the black is glossy as in the snake one has a mate finish....

i posting the pictures of the stickes i took with my cel....

1) the lamp reflects when in the snake one doesn't
2)the letering is translucent
3)the part between the legs is white when in the snake one does't
4)the white shapes are a little bit diferent in compare whit the snake ones

and i think the sticker is also a little bit biger in the ninja one....
hope this helps

(sorry for the bad quality of the photos but i think i will do to make the point)

I got my 2 MGS PA from ebay seller in Japan, and have compared it with the one in the local dealer, its authentic. But my PA SF Ryu is FAKE :monkey2:monkey4

I just receive it just now, and the box definitely feels different than the original one. The print is a tiny bit blur, and not as glossy as the authentic ones, and theres no serial no!. But yeah, the inner figure looks crazy real.:horror

I'm filing my claim now, from this seller on ebay: aktoyshk

Be careful when buying these figures, guys!

Last edited:
the ones ho have snake and gray foy please compare the stickers and tell me if they look exactly the same

The sticker on both Snake and Ninja is the same. It has matte finish.

i posting the pictures of the stickes i took with my cel....

1) the lamp reflects when in the snake one doesn't
2)the letering is translucent
3)the part between the legs is white when in the snake one does't
4)the white shapes are a little bit diferent in compare whit the snake ones

and i think the sticker is also a little bit biger in the ninja one....
hope this helps

(sorry for the bad quality of the photos but i think i will do to make the point)

So the glossy ones are the fake right?

The sticker on both Snake and Ninja is the same. It has matte finish.

So the glossy ones are the fake right?

Yes, same info about S snake Bootleg posted by Platty
the ones ho have snake and gray foy please compare the stickers and tell me if they look exactly the same

I checked the boxes and both (SSnake and Grayfox) have exactly the same kind of sticker, black Matt finish and matt white, 100% identical pattern, not differences you mentioned (as the SS snake box you have)

Last edited:
OK...thanks for the info guys....i think my bootleg ninja will do till i get the original...aesthetically they are the same i just while posing that it feels wrong and cheap especialy in the foot articulation it barely move and when it does in a second gets back to its original position it fells more like a soft vinyl than hard plastic like my snake.....
post some photos below....the only defect i found in my snake is that the golden rings on his left arm shoulder are barely paint but nithing to serious.....

Back