Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the pilot actually looks pretty good. I didn't really have a problem with the Snake pilot either. They don't look half as bad when they're in your hand an not in some 2:1 macro shot.

Still would have been nice to have a poster with this one. I really liked the material used in the poster that came with Rex.

Can't wait to get this thing. He's so huge.

WOW Rampy, RAY looks waaay better than I thought! The paintjob looks superb!

@FSLAR Congrats on getting Raiden! Say, what speaker is that?
ALTEC

Also my PAK stand for Raiden is probably the worst I got. One of the screws and nuts don't properly fit :lol man I wish they could make decent stands for once, instead of going with these overly cheap, huge ones. Besides, assembling it is just half assed and isn't fun or anything. It detracts.

God Ray looks amazing. No intention of using the stand unless completely necessary. Rex needs a companion

DSCF0466_zps158cbb14.jpg

DSCF0468_zps27acbbf0.jpg

How do you keep yours standing? I know it can on it's own, but I'd be afraid it would tip over. Do you have it leaning against the wall?

IMG_1191.jpg

It's a matter of balance, REX stays standing up on it's own, but it's a very delicate position, I would not recommend to display it with no supports, in this case, leaning REX's back against a wall is the best option, probably the same could be done with RAY.

I'd like to have mine in a upright position just like RAY. Maybe I'll put something together to hold it up at the hips.

How do you keep yours standing? I know it can on it's own, but I'd be afraid it would tip over. Do you have it leaning against the wall?
At the moment im having the back of the rail gun and the back of the radome arm in contact with the wall (theresvery little weight on them, i have it leaning with just enough gravitational weight to the back that it wont fall forwards but its not putting preassure on these parts) The backpack looks like its making contact, its very close but its not. If i use the Rex look with battle damage then i can use the backpack as a flat surface to lean against the wall. My Rex hasnt sat down for... maybe 9 months now and ive not had him wobble. And he is stood on glass with an uneven floor and a 75kg dog that likes to sleep on the floor by the shelves.

DSCF0471_zps0af67dec.jpg

DSCF0473_zpsa1fc0853.jpg

Its just a case of getting the feel for it. Once you have a hang for it you will appreciate the toy more. Ive got so comfortable with it i like to test it somewhat which is why i have it roaring, have its legs uneven and whatnot. Once you get the legs in a position in which they will not fall in on themselves its just a case of mastering gravity.

Here you are gents. Some quick pics before I go to bed. Will post up some thoughts/mini review tomorrow when I have time. I will say though that whilst it is a pain in the a$$ to set up, it is also one of the coolest looking collectables I have seen. It will definitely not stand on it's own though, so if you don't like the stand, then too bad lol. Even with the included stand, it's a bit of a balancing act. Anyway, here are the pics, with my Nathan Drake PF and 50 inch TV in the background for size comparison:

MGSray-small1.jpg

MGSray-small4.jpg

MGSray-small2.jpg

Awesome pics man, im paying mine off asap. On a side note ive just ordered some ball joints from hlj. Im going to attempt to build rexs neck articulation out. How long does it generally take for them to deliver to the usa? Anyone have any idea?

The only thing that I'm not 100% happy in this RAY is it's feet, there seems to be too much rubber. I like skinny feet. :lol

Im seriously considering this for my gf.. but i really wished they used the ray model with tail instead. Only because instead of needing to use that hideous stand the tail could have been the balance point. Still an awesome collectible. Im highly impressed... And btw my gf's rex came today. Cant wait to see her face when she opens it hahaha

Man, Ray looks radical! I sold my Rex a while ago, but seeing these pics of Ray and Rex together has made me want to buy them both now. Guess I'll go to BBTS and snatch up Rex right now and go flex out Ray on SS!!!

Back