Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Head sculpt looks totally strange, and the sneaking suit is way too bright, "PAK MGSV GZ Snake" goes way better than this in that regard.
But it's still a proto..

One more pic of boss and shinkawa's RAY 3A

BxDsry3CYAAqK-N.jpg:large

BxD1KTQCYAAvmcC.jpg:large

BxD1GFwCUAAQa81.jpg:large

Eh... I think the suit and the proportions of the body are okay. The suit does look a bit more faded that I would have liked, but it's not a deal breaker. Something's definitely off with the headsculpt, though. Maybe it'll look better with a repaint.

I always like when they over-stylize the designs, I think it looks cool, but imo if they're gonna overstylize an MGS statue, strive to Shinkawa's artwork, not the sculptor preference.

^Absolutely. They should have made the head-sculpt closer to the 3D render from GZ instead of some artist's interpretation of Big Boss.

And, RAY looks unreal! :drool I probably won't use the dynamic stand, though (that is, if I ever get to posing it in my apartment).

Yeah, a lot can be said about the statue but I think I'm cool with it since I'm not that fond of the game anyway. If the scale is right, it will be a definite buy for me. :lol

Now, somebody make a 1/6 MPO Snake! Heck, there are ZERO figures for that game.

If I get RAY, I'll hire my mechanic to create a stand by welding some metal parts together with a cement base or something. That stock stand has to go.

i lovethe statue but he definitely has like a street fighterish anime look about his face, like a sagat stare. im sure itll look awesome in hand though! im in for one!

That BigBoss statue looks fantastic! The proportions are very good and overall sculpt is accurate. Its ashame im not that into statues, especially over 10'

I think the only weird part is the mouth area. Whats were the bad parts if the head sculpt are you guys referring to.

Head sculpt looks totally strange, and the sneaking suit is way too bright, "PAK MGSV GZ Snake" goes way better than this in that regard.
But it's still a proto..

One more pic of boss and shinkawa's RAY 3A

BxDsry3CYAAqK-N.jpg:large

I really don't see the problem with the headsculpt. It's not perfect but a lot better than what we've gotten even in the recent past.
Kinda has a good mix of realism and cartoon like MGS should

He's got hair like Robin Williams in Mork & Mindy. I think his paint looks way too stylized, Raiden's statue is worlds better.

Back