Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the height is really not an issue for me, i have both croc cap snake and old snake and plan on getting zombie and tiger stripe.......both too badass to pass up!

Mentioning the height issue on the old RAH figures, I remember that someone on the one sixth warrior forum, did a body swap of their Old Snake and Croc Cap figures. Their Croc Cap figure looked better with the extra height, and it was in scale with Old Snake.

i would kill for some MGS:2 and 3 remakes using the MGS:4 engine.

Like I said last night, a remake of MGS1-3 as well as Portable Ops, Peace Walker (I know it's not out yet, but we need more HD Big Boss) and the MSX Metal Gears as visually upgraded versions with the controls of MGS4 (crouch walk, please). No story changes either. I don't want to see another Twin Snakes. Never gonna happen and I won't die if it doesn't, but that won't stop me from dreamin'.

And I pre-ordered both Snakes from SS. Not super excited about them since they're Medi, but I'll be happy to own that squares camo. I don't put much trust in Medi to do any updates to the rereleases, but if they do I hope they use the bigger bods and they don't just cheap out and leave the short BDUs on them and actually put forth the effort to get new, bigger ones made. If that happens and they fit another body there'll definitely be a swap happening. If they're just straight rereleases they'll probably be left in the box for the better part of their lives.
________
Problems With Wellbutrin

Last edited:
Mentioning the height issue on the old RAH figures, I remember that someone on the one sixth warrior forum, did a body swap of their Old Snake and Croc Cap figures. Their Croc Cap figure looked better with the extra height, and it was in scale with Old Snake.

hey Solidus can you post the link to the OSW body swap pics?

Most people, I hope. Then when they get it and can't stand the gimmicky version, I'll pick one up super cheap on Ebay, laffo.

Ha ha, sounds good. :lol

I am! And not shame to say so, the head with the eye patch and no face paint is a big plus.

Well, it does seems like a nice figure to customize. The only question that's left, however, is what to do with the ugly clothes?

hey Solidus can you post the link to the OSW body swap pics?

Sure thing, here's the link:
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89155

The member who performed the modifications, Golgo-013, is a really talented guy. But, I'm not brave enough to attempt something so drastic as a body swap on my figures. I spent waaaaayyy too much on them :horror.

Size comparison after the body swap:
DSC00093.jpg

Sooo awesome :monkey2

Last edited:
those are pretty good upgrades, the only thing that bothers me on old snake is the frikking trigger finger on his right hand kinda looks like an E.T. finger. but like you said, they are expensive figs and i dont wanna screw em up.

That sculpt looks awesome! Definitely show us the final product once it's completed!

Also, if it's alright, can you tell me the material that you used for sculpting? I've been thinking about making some 1/6 figure head-sculpts of my own - mostly anime characters though.

Here're some WIP shots of a Naked Snake sculpt I'm doing at the moment:
Snake-headsculpt-01.jpg
Snake-headsculpt-05.jpg

That sculpt looks awesome! Definitely show us the final product once it's completed!

Also, if it's alright, can you tell me the material that you used for sculpting? I've been thinking about making some 1/6 figure head-sculpts of my own - mostly anime characters though.
With my cack-handed painting the final thing'll actually look worse than it does now :lol , but yeah I'll post it here.
That's Super Sculpey Firm. It's an oven-bake clay and really nice to work with. It sands well after baking which should be useful for smooth animé skin.

Back