Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The price is good, but the 10% cancellation fee is bad. I guess that you just have to make up your mind, before pre-ordering with Alter Ego Comics.

The price is good, but the 10% cancellation fee is bad. I guess that you just have to make up your mind, before pre-ordering with Alter Ego Comics.

yep, the only way i see it is to pay in full (paypal) when i get the money for one then save up for the other....if they're still available that is! these 2 figs are a definate must for me....even gave chris and sheeva the axe as i'm much more a metal gear than resident evil fan.

I've pre-ordered them, but will probably end up cancelling and buying from Alter Ego or Cornerstore when they come "in stock." I refuse to pre-order from those guys with the 10% restocking fee or whatever.

On the other hand, Medicom isn't exactly known for their high quality figures. It might make sense to order from Sideshow just in case a wrist breaks off taking him out of the package or something.

I made my mind up a while ago to get these. Been wanting them for so long and now that they are being sold again I know I won't be cancelling them. Plus, I have dealt with Alter Ego before and they are very good with usually better pricing than most places.

I have so much ordered with them already so it just made sense to add a little more. I even got my Dutch from them before those who ordered from SS.

10% restocking fee is taken into consideration, but only when I am on the fence with an order. Then I usually wait. Everything I have ordered from them I knew beforehand there was no way I was cancelling anything, so I'm good.

I would jump on this deal if I was anyone else. And they don't charge your card until the order is ready to ship.

Just the regular.

Cool. Well, in that case, you should try your local Gamestop. The used copies of Subsistence usually sells for $17.99 at their stores. That's way cheaper than what an individual seller will charge you.

Don't buy the collection if you're just looking for a complete version of MGS3: Subsistence. The retail version of Subsistence comes with 2 discs full of extras and gameplay modes while the version of Subsistence that comes with the Essential Collection only comes with 1 disc with the game on it. If you're okay with that, then buy the collection, I guess.

From IGN's review of the collection:

While The Essential Collection includes MGS3: Subsistence, it only includes Disc 1 of the remake. That means that while players will receive the new camera viewpoint, all of the extras on the second disc have been lost. That means that items such as the multiplayer mode, Duel Mode, Demo Theater, and original Metal Gear games have been excluded from this collection, which is unfortunate. There were hours of additional content thrown into the second disc of Subsistence, which would be great for fans. While it makes sense to remove some features, such as the multiplayer since the service is no longer supported, the other items could've been republished for relatively little cost.

https://ps2.ign.com/articles/860/860894p1.html

i would kill for some MGS:2 and 3 remakes using the MGS:4 engine.

more than mgs 2 & 3, i'd love to see mgs1 on the mgs4 engine. i loved the 1st mgs and would love to see it with updated graphics. not that i dont want an updated part 2 & 3.

Back