Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8391871966_dc20823b0a_c.jpg

My Bambaland Rex came in today! Shot with my 1/72 resin kit version!

Super pic. Really excited to getting the Ex version.
Yeah old git Snake looks pants, box art is really no different and poster is ok but this is the best thing ever MGS collecting for me.

I'll put some pics up of my collection when I get the room sorted out, dumping ground at the moment, but I have a load of original art from the comics and a few rare ones from portable ops etc.

Also whats the deal with the Solidus Play Arts figure? Is the high price the original retail one, compared to the others released? Not in the know, I only bought the rest of them one by one and when they were cheap like Miller recently.

Ashley Wood recently quoted: " Re MGS, we are lookign into another line of MGS toys, but info will have to be kept on the low for now,"

I'd bet portable ops or peacewalker due to his art influence on those games.

Hopefully get an answer on Rays tail today. Also if they only have the rights to MGS4.

Last edited:
Ray with no tail is fine by me. I've got the McFarlane one and it wasn't very practical to display it with this goddamn tail.
Hey KYEKYE, I hope to see your magic on koto REX.
The paint scheme of your resin kit is my inspiration.

its so dumb that the tail is gone of any design of ray. despite the comment of hating to display it with that. it seems like an integral part of its balance and maneuverability. just dont see how itd be able to stand without it. i wish there was a tail cause it looks dumb without it. im an MGS junky tho so i will be buying it. after the turd figure im not getting the ex unless theres something way better.

3A just sent me my tracking number, my Rex is on the way :clap

Ashley Wood recently quoted: " Re MGS, we are lookign into another line of MGS toys, but info will have to be kept on the low for now,"[/B

And this news of another line is exiting. Im really hoping for some human characters 3A style!

Also Revoltech are making Metal Gear figures!!???? awesome, although i prefer figmas quality and sculpts myself, maybe thats in the future too!

8391871966_dc20823b0a_c.jpg

My Bambaland Rex came in today! Shot with my 1/72 resin kit version!

is that your own model you made or Kotos? im looking for someone to paint one for me

I'm hoping some talented minfig painter will take it upon themselves to redo wee ol' snake. I can't tell from the photos if the under sculpt is as... shall we say, "care free".. as the paint app.. but I'd bet in the right hands he'd at least be passable.
I don't believe he has anything to do with why it's taken so long for REX to ship but it is a pretty big let down when we've waited this long to see what he was going to come out looking like.

Is it just me, or is ThreeA REX not in the correct proportions? From the photos that were posted, the Snake figure looks too big in the cockpit, and the cockpit area itself looks much larger than it's supposed to be.

didnt look but now i have to. stop giving me reasons to hate this thing. im going to love it no matter what you guys try and do/say..............:nana: that sounded very fanboyish. it would have been if i had actually bought from 3a before. luckily i can NOT say that!

OMG I just noticed your sig, Jason. Why did you photoshop the ancient alien doucher like Snake? LOL :monkey1

If you watch The "History" Channel, that dude gets featured a lot. He's a conspiracy nut-case who promotes "Ancient Astronaut Theory" - a belief that aliens in ancient past were responsible for shaping human civilization throughout the ages. It's been debunked to exhaustive extent time-and-time again by credible scholars, but he still believes in what he believes. And apparently, so does The "History" Channel :lol.

is that your own model you made or Kotos? im looking for someone to paint one for me
That's my old 1/72 scale custom resin kit. Some might remember it.
5851870173_d0abe85e41_z.jpg

It looks small to be 1/72 next to 1/48 3A's now that I look at it? Maybe 3A's Rex is too big to be 1/48? I don't know..
I also got Koto's Rex and plan to work on it later.
So it will be 3 scale collection for me :panic:

Does anyone know if 3A puts any personal information inside of the box? I have a giant brown shipper box via Rex and if I don't have to open it to sell it I would prefer not opening it, but if it has a bunch of information inside I would also prefer people not get that :lol

Back