Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best game franchise ever made.
https://youtu.be/9JHOCBT6piY

Couldn't agree more. MGS is the only franchise that I'm willing to skip a day of work/classes to get my stuff signed by the creator (Hideo) - you know what I'm talking about! :hi5:. And in terms of collectibles, no other series even comes close to having such a diverse line of limited items. Now if only Hot Toys can announce some more figures already!

The official trailer for the 20th Anniversary is my favorite. I love Calling to the Night - especially the instrumental arrangement for it.

[ame]https://youtu.be/kfhivPaf4Ms[/ame]

not trying to insult you, but can you tell me which parts are innacurate.
I'm thinking to get 3A rex but still don't have a decision on this one:slap

Not a insult at all and I will gladly tell you.

The biggest flaw is that the head has no right/left movement and can only be moved up/down (this is due to the electronic housing hindering it)

The Radome should have two "fingers" that are attached to the dish, it only has one :slap

The beak of the face on the upper "lip" should have a LED light in it, it doesn't. They went a cheap route and just made it transparent plastic so that the inner light of the cockpit is piped through it.

The paint scheme is inaccurate, in game it's basically a gray to my eyes. In the Twin Snakes, it had a gray/blue paint app with green-ish camo. In MGS4 it was gray with a dark charcoal for the camo.

Although the paint might be right since it coincides with Shinkawa's artwork yet in no game did the artwork colors match the games.

From what I gathered on reviews, it's definitely worth the cash. But all the delays and idiotic inaccuracies that were missed or vetoed don't make any sense :dunno

Last edited:
Well said, but I will say there is a way to tweak the hips to make it look like the head is turning that I've seen on rad toy review. I'm happy with that if anything.

Sent from the Shell by codec.

not trying to insult you, but can you tell me which parts are innacurate.
I'm thinking to get 3A rex but still don't have a decision on this one:slap

(Just to pitch in)

Also, the missile hatches on the back-pack pop out as removable panels when they're supposed to flip out.

It's a great release, that's bogged down by many small and ridiculous issues that shouldn't have been overlooked, given its high price. But, with that said, many of the issues are not really noticeable at first glance. I'd say that if you're really on the fence for this, the lack of head articulation and inaccurate color that Plissken mentioned should definitely be considered as the major deciding factors.

Also, the missile hatches on the back-pack pop out as removable panels when they're supposed to flip out.

It's a great release, that's bogged down by many small and ridiculous issues that shouldn't have been overlooked, given its high price. But, with that said, many of the issues are not really noticeable at first glance. I'd say that if you're really on the fence for this, the lack of head articulation and inaccurate color that Plissken mentioned should definitely be considered as the major deciding factor.

********* I forgot about the missile hatches :slap

Well said, but I will say there is a way to tweak the hips to make it look like the head is turning that I've seen on rad toy review. I'm happy with that if anything.

Sent from the Shell by codec.

I dunno man, tweaking the hips sounds easier said than done. From the same review, he mentioned how hard it was to move the joints. I'd be concerned about breaking something.

I dunno man, tweaking the hips sounds easier said than done. From the same review, he mentioned how hard it was to move the joints. I'd be concerned about breaking something.

The stand up feature is nice. But since you can't really open the legs up to give it a nice "shoulder width" appearance, it looks like it's holding a deuce in :lol

The stand up feature is nice. But since you can't really open the legs up to give it a nice "shoulder width" appearance, it looks like it's holding a deuce in :lol

Yeah, REX just looks totally wrong in the "stand-up" stance. Looks like it's trying to strain out a crap of green liquid, like the Gekkos in MGS 4 :lol.

100% articulation and visual accuracy for less than 1/5 the price :peace

Nice job 3Turd.

ThreeA should definitely feel ashamed that a model kit has them beat.

Then I don't have to wait till March, since I got the Bamba one :) Any one need one lol

Hopefully this experience for 3A has been educational, especially watching as this figure - what could have been the best MGS mass-made collectible ever - has gone from being "every fan's dream" to literally becoming a bane to many fans.

I'm guessing 3A used the pre-payments to make a pretty penny in interest over the however many months waiting.

Wasn't the original ship date last August of last year...or was it 2011? :) ;)

Hopefully this experience for 3A has been educational, especially watching as this figure - what could have been the best MGS mass-made collectible ever - has gone from being "every fan's dream" to literally becoming a bane to many fans.

I'm guessing 3A used the pre-payments to make a pretty penny in interest over the however many months waiting.

Wasn't the original ship date last August of last year...or was it 2011? :) ;)

Well that was a thin estimate on shipping, we kind of figured it wouldn't be then... but to have to wait literally 6 months later? 3A really robbed us of time on that one.

Not a insult at all and I will gladly tell you.

The biggest flaw is that the head has no right/left movement and can only be moved up/down (this is due to the electronic housing hindering it)

The Radome should have two "fingers" that are attached to the dish, it only has one :slap

The beak of the face on the upper "lip" should have a LED light in it, it doesn't. They went a cheap route and just made it transparent plastic so that the inner light of the cockpit is piped through it.

The paint scheme is inaccurate, in game it's basically a gray to my eyes. In the Twin Snakes, it had a gray/blue paint app with green-ish camo. In MGS4 it was gray with a dark charcoal for the camo.

Although the paint might be right since it coincides with Shinkawa's artwork yet in no game did the artwork colors match the games.

From what I gathered on reviews, it's definitely worth the cash. But all the delays and idiotic inaccuracies that were missed or vetoed don't make any sense :dunno

(Just to pitch in)

It's a great release, that's bogged down by many small and ridiculous issues that shouldn't have been overlooked, given its high price. But, with that said, many of the issues are not really noticeable at first glance. I'd say that if you're really on the fence for this, the lack of head articulation and inaccurate color that Plissken mentioned should definitely be considered as the major deciding factors.

Yeah, REX just looks totally wrong in the "stand-up" stance. Looks like it's trying to strain out a crap of green liquid, like the Gekkos in MGS 4 :lol.

ThreeA should definitely feel ashamed that a model kit has them beat.
thanks pals. I'll definitely check those issues.:hi5:
the one that really bugged me was what Solidus mentioned earlier about the stand up stance.
I'll search some pictures to compare it with 3A rex

Back