Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully this experience for 3A has been educational, especially watching as this figure - what could have been the best MGS mass-made collectible ever - has gone from being "every fan's dream" to literally becoming a bane to many fans.

I'm guessing 3A used the pre-payments to make a pretty penny in interest over the however many months waiting.

Wasn't the original ship date last August of last year...or was it 2011? :) ;)

That's a great point. I'm not sure if it's actually the case, but it does seem logical that ThreeA could have purposefully delayed the release of the figure just to collect interest on all of the down payments - to recoup their costs for production, or to profit from having loads of money on hand.

But, whatever the case is, ThreeA is just a horrible company. I do plan to pre-order RAY when the time comes, but I'll do it through Sideshow Collectibles. There's no way that I'll pre-order through Bambaland and give ThreeA a full down-payment one year ahead of the release date. I can do without the possible miniature Liquid Snake figure and exclusive box art.

Will do the same thing with the next Ma.k. release. They can take they huschhusch preordercrap and go where threre came form: Hipsterarse. It just sucks to see them poor ppl at 3a hanging around with my money and do coffee latte with an applebook and talk artsyfartsyrubbisch all dayya!

Last edited:
3A rex, kai solidus & kai raiden rising, right now are the only MGS figures I like.
though I hope, HT will make rising raiden :pray:

someone knows were i can get the white raiden??? or he only come withe japanese limited version of the game??? and raiden come with 2 of this 3-armed robots??? or its also only in the limited japan version of the game????

So when a company says "This item will ship in August"...you don't believe them? Or is that only 3A? :D :D :D :D :D

If extremely long shipping delays were the "norm" with other companies, people wouldn't have been raising such a stink on the forums (SSF and ThreeA) with REX. From my knowledge, this is an issue that's unique to ThreeA alone. What adds to the stink is that they require a full down-payment for their direct customers at the time of pre-order. Furthermore, these customers have been stuck in a state of limbo since last summer, not knowing when (or if) their figures will be shipping.

It's been very frustrating for those customers who've pre-ordered the retail edition too. Let's see what February and March brings.

Only 3A... and Hot Toys and Sideshow and probably some others.

Except that when Hot Toys starts to ship out their new figure releases in Asia, it reaches state-side in about a month. They're very efficient in distributing their merchandise in a timely manner when it finally starts shipping. Also, unlike ThreeA, Hot Toys and Sideshow don't require full down-payments at the time of pre-order :monkey1.

Except that when Hot Toys starts to ship out their new figure releases in Asia, it reaches state-side in about a month. They're very efficient in distributing their merchandise in a timely manner when it finally starts shipping. Also, unlike ThreeA, Hot Toys and Sideshow don't require full down-payments at the time of pre-order :monkey1.

when it finally starts indeed, last year nearly every one of my HT orders was delayed by about 6 months with the Lightcycle upto two years.

Sideshow have delayed every statue i have on order right now :(

Delays are widespread, it just feels worse with 3A because you've already paid up front.

when it finally starts indeed, last year nearly every one of my HT orders was delayed by about 6 months with the Lightcycle upto two years.

Sideshow have delayed every statue i have on order right now :(

Delays are widespread, it just feels worse with 3A because you've already paid up front.

The worst is when the delays put your ship dates pretty close to each other and you risk experiencing having to pay for a bunch of products in one month. I know the smart thing to do would be to put my collectible payments into an account and collect interest as I place my orders only taking out cash when the item is ready to ship, but I usually just cut the hassle and pay upfront if the option is there letting the company profit off my money just sitting in their coffers. The risk for that, as MGS Rex is showing, is getting angry at yourself for giving money early to a nut house of a company like 3A:slap

I would say this is indeed unique to 3A. Other companies such as Sideshow and Hot Toys delay things, but not this badly. The thing with Sideshow is that they tell you when something is delayed or when it is close to release. 3A will stay incredibly quiet. For example I ordered the Midas Real Steel figure months ago and that was supposed to come out late last year. I haven't heard a single thing about it. They don't send emails, they don't keep their fanbase informed, all they do is have their fans post pictures of _____ variant to try to keep people within the hivemind. Basically any time they start getting any kind of complaints or things look bad, they have more random variant shots and submitted pictures uploaded to try to brainwash the fanbase into ignoring the mistakes.

Sometimes I think 3A does it on purpose. They obviously have NO intentions to actually release figures when the date usually calls for it. No intentions at all. They just keep making more random stuff while pushing things on the side.

3A CS said they would send me a tracking number next week for my Bamba Ex Rex. Supposedly its arriving stateside early next week. Fingers crossed but we shall see..

3A CS said they would send me a tracking number next week for my Bamba Ex Rex. Supposedly its arriving stateside early next week. Fingers crossed but we shall see..

Yeah they told me they would sent it next week too. If they were going to have to followup the email then they should have just sent tracking information to the emails without us having to ask :slap

not sure if you guys figured this out, but, solidus is double jointed at the chest plate. both black segments spin. i got curious and worked on them for like 10 mins straight and they finally moved. ive just seen people talk about it spinning directly next to the chest so i figured id mention it.

Here is a new review for REX that I found on YouTube:

[ame]https://youtu.be/kIU5225adZo[/ame]

And for those who are fluent in Japanese (this guy also does a lot of posing with his REX figure):

[ame]https://youtu.be/ANdWwBEpIRQ[/ame]

[ame]https://youtu.be/hbqMcDCPe4U[/ame]

That first review is pretty good. Good intel on the Radome finger joint being thin and fragile, I will keep that in mind when I get it probably the end of the month.

Speaking of which I got to see if my 3A proxy got his tracking number yet.

Awesome man. If you can, do take some pics of the Snake pilot when you get it in hand. I'd love to see how it looks like.

Damn, that first review is making me want to keep my PO for Rex :/ was going to cancel it and transfer my NRD to Batman DX12 but it sold out before I got a chance to, so I was going to transfer the NRD to Joker 2.0 but that vid is making me want to keep it lol just don't wanna regret it if I cancel the PO. That damn rail gun is just so big though and will make it a pain in the a$$ to display this figure anywhere.

Back