Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you know the sad part in all this. Because of the "normal" crappy handling of information from 3A as we are use to (and this only comes from the top so the mods can only do so much) and the fact that the first news of the "exclusive" came from someone else other than 3A (which pissed a lot of people off) the amazingness of this figure is being lost in all the drama. It is indeed a fantastic figure. Not easy to do by any means. So my point here is not to say dont be mad at 3A. **** that, Lets not forget to Appreciate the work that went behind this by people who have no control over the drama, and some how find a way to enjoy the figure... Of course once we get it. Cause unfortunately i dont see anyone else making another Rex this big in scale.

#RexLove!

Cause unfortunately i dont see anyone else making another Rex this big in scale.

#RexLove!

This is the only reason I'm not cancelling.

I'll accept not blaming 3A employees, I blame Ashley Wood 100%. Everything being run by one guy isn't good business and the entire past year REX has been let down after let down.

And his stupid electronics kept the head from being turned which is a slap in the face to everyone that wanted this thing.

The only thing the Kotobikuya REX is lacking is scale, removable panels and paint. Other than that, it's superior to REX in everyway.

Hi Guys. got my REX early Nov. so want to show you a video from me:panic: i could show you pics couse its on HD and i cannot upload:gah:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH8UYrjT6zY[/ame]

Lol, yeah, from reading a few recent posts in this thread it seems like quite a few people have been put off this figure (and the constant delays) and wanting to either cancel or sell the figure, and now hate 3A. I also feel sorry for all those who paid for this thing in advance from Bambaland to score the exclusive version which came with such an ugly figure of old snake.

I just got off the phone w/ SSC and they let me do exactly what you are inquiring about. I read your post, got to thinking, and figured I'd try. Worst they can say is no right?! Well they are taking my NRD and putting it towards an in stock HT 1/6 figure. It couldn't have been easier, I literally just told her my order # for Rex, told her what I wanted instead, and done.

You have it done well, made a final point. I hope with Ma.K Kröte it won't such mess. Otherwise, will bambaland made it for me that easy?

Do not think so...got such a strange feeling about it.

I just got off the phone w/ SSC and they let me do exactly what you are inquiring about. I read your post, got to thinking, and figured I'd try. Worst they can say is no right?! Well they are taking my NRD and putting it towards an in stock HT 1/6 figure. It couldn't have been easier, I literally just told her my order # for Rex, told her what I wanted instead, and done.

nice pass on an iconic collectible. hopefully we dont see you on here saying "aw man i should have waited on it, i shouldnt have cancelled". im sure they wont miss the business seeing the rest of us diehard fans are willing to wait. not sure why you waited til now to cancel. kinda weird that it took a crappy figure showing that you arent even getting to finalize your decision. just sayin. im not mad at you for cancelling do what you want with the money you earned it. :dunno:cuckoo::nana: i dont blame bambaland people tho. the figure and art were clearly a bust. :medic

nice pass on an iconic collectible. hopefully we dont see you on here saying "aw man i should have waited on it, i shouldnt have cancelled". im sure they wont miss the business seeing the rest of us diehard fans are willing to wait. not sure why you waited til now to cancel. kinda weird that it took a crappy figure showing that you arent even getting to finalize your decision. just sayin. im not mad at you for cancelling do what you want with the money you earned it. :dunno:cuckoo::nana: i dont blame bambaland people tho. the figure and art were clearly a bust. :medic

It's not a bust, but the Bamba buyers are more than entitled to completely want Ashley Wood's blood over this wait and complete flop on the EX extras.

Last edited:
dude.............................holy mangled sentences batman. jk, he wants to turn us into human centipedes, he eats good whilst we eat his ****t as he give the BP "were sorry".

So glad you approve of my decision! For a second there I was afraid I wouldn't sleep tonight.

Not sure where you drew all the inferences from but okay. The crappy figure that I wouldn't be getting anyway was not it, but rather the Koto Rex pics with all the paint variants that got me thinking about what my 500 dollars was REALLY getting me, and in the end the 3A Rex is not MY iconic Rex. The one I remember seeing on the original PS is not what comes to mind when I think "3A Rex". I didn't cancel to "stick it to 3A", I cancelled because as time went on I realized the collectible I WANTED is not what would've shown up on my doorstep, regardless of how much I want it to resemble the source material as I remember it. I'm looking forward to getting the Koto and spending a lot of time painting and assembling and making it "perfect" in my eyes.

Awesome news, will send them an email when I get a moment.

I feel bad cancelling this and part of me still wants to keep it, as I've always wanted a figure of rex, but the sheer size of this thing complete with rail gun just makes it impractical to display anywhere in my media room, and the final product just doesn't look like its worth $500. I would love to get the Kotobukiya Rex instead as its much more practical to display, but the fact that it comes unpainted makes it an instant pass for me lol. I don't really have the skill to give it a proper paint job and make it look good, not to mention the tiny figures.

Just out of curiosity, what are peoples plans for displaying such a large figure? Does anyone have any display cases lines up for this or going the custom route?

BigBadToyStore has a preorder listing for 'Revoltech Naked Snake'. No images or info yet.

BigBadToyStore has a preorder listing for 'Revoltech Naked Snake'. No images or info yet.

Oh wow that's exciting. When Revoltech are expensive it's because they include a lot. For example the upcoming Kinnikuman one includes an entire extra upper body. Maybe this Snake will include alternate upper body outfits or something.

kaiy_snake.jpg

https://www.angolz.com/store/revoltech-131-naked-snake-metal-gear-solid.html

This might be it,im buying if so.

Back