Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, there's actually a slight stubble going around the jawline, but it didn't come out for the photos. But yeah, I'm going to add proper stubble. This sculpt was actually painted up as Snake in MGS1.

Yeah, there's actually a slight stubble going around the jawline, but it didn't come out for the photos. But yeah, I'm going to add proper stubble. This sculpt was actually painted up as Snake in MGS1.

Yeah I remember from Elvis' Snake.

I'm considering two options for the stubble, one being just painting the stubble on, and the other being putting a very thin/fine layer of epoxy or sculpty along on his jaw area and etching the stubble into it. That will obviously give it better texture I just wonder how well it will work out, I don't want it to look like a Naked Snake style beard.

Another shot, I like this one the best...love the real mean look of the sculpt.

How much do you guys think the EX 3A Rex will go for on Ebay? I was looking at the past sold listings on Ebay and the regular seems to go for about $550 + $100 shipped so often it approaches $700. I wonder if that is somewhat artificial price hikes or if the EX will actually go for even more once it comes out.

The EX should be worth more in resale compared to the retail edition. You can probably get several hundred dollars in profit if you sell the EX as soon as you get it.

The EX should be worth more in resale compared to the retail edition. You can probably get several hundred dollars in profit if you sell the EX as soon as you get it.

That's the plan. I'll put it on Ebay for $5000 Buy It Now Free Shipped

JK of course. My hope is seven hundred dollars free shipping, but if that is how much it is going for now then maybe I might be able to get a little more with the Bambaland version. Pretty exciting :D That money would go straight to paying off the PCS Statues I want to get.

That's the plan. I'll put it on Ebay for $5000 Buy It Now Free Shipped

JK of course. My hope is seven hundred dollars free shipping, but if that is how much it is going for now then maybe I might be able to get a little more with the Bambaland version. Pretty exciting :D That money would go straight to paying off the PCS Statues I want to get.

Hey Monger how come your getting rid of him? We havent even got him in hand yet and your planning on selling him already!? I remember you being pretty hyped about this guy a while back. For me not even Kojima himself could pry this guy outta my hands. Anyways if you are gonna sell him off Id either put him up right away as soon as you get him or wait until the next MGS game drops. People seem to freak out and pay crazy prices on MGS items when a new game in the series comes out,at least from what Ive seen/sold.

Hey Monger how come your getting rid of him? We havent even got him in hand yet and your planning on selling him already!? I remember you being pretty hyped about this guy a while back. For me not even Kojima himself could pry this guy outta my hands. Anyways if you are gonna sell him off Id either put him up right away as soon as you get him or wait until the next MGS game drops. People seem to freak out and pay crazy prices on MGS items when a new game in the series comes out,at least from what Ive seen/sold.

I plan to put him up the second people start getting him in Hong Kong and the demand starts to rise since people will know what the Exclusive box and such look like.

I want to get rid of him for a number of reasons:

1) I'm poor. Of course this is the main reason :lol

2) There are quite a few statues coming out right now. I have had a linear interest in collectibles, where I started with cheap small things like Revoltech, moved to 1/8 anime statues, then to larger 1/7 anime statues, then to Japanese diecast 12 inch stuff, then 1/6 poseable, and finally I want to try these 1/4 statues. Of course I do not stop collecting any kind of thing. My collection is really varied and I like it that way. It's just that i try to open myself up to new types of collectibles and I usually try to embrace that as much as I can, kind of like a phase I guess. 1/4 statues are pricey and limited so I want to make sure I have enough to cover for them. My policy when it comes to collectible selling, as I don't believe in collecting for investment, is to sell if and only if I intend to use those profits to turn around and buy a collectible I really wanted. That is the case here.

3) I am not amused by ThreeA's service. I've tolerated it before, but I really have grown a strong disliking for everything about that company and Rex especially has been handled terribly. Because of this I not only do not want to really support the company any longer, but then it goes without saying I'm not buying Ray. Even if I did love how Rex turned out, no way I'm waiting two or three years to finally get Ray. You can forget that. It's almost been a year since preorders for Rex went down, and a good two or three years since we first found out he was being made. Seems kind of lame to just get Rex and not Ray imo. Would feel kind of bitter when people actually get Ray and all I have is Rex crying in the darkest corner of my room; the poor dear.

4) Piece looks great, but it just doesn't seem worth the actual amount it costed. For a good five hundred dollars I feel like the thing should be absolutely crazy awesome.

5) Timing is good. He'll be worth a lot instantly, someone more worthy can enjoy him, and I make a profit since I was a Bambaland member so it doesn't feel like such a waste of time and money to have preordered him. Originally I just wanted to break even and forget about the whole thing, but the aftermarket has turned this negative into a positive.

So I've got a bunch of reasons why I think it's best I part with him. It's flipping in the end I guess, but that was not my intentions as I was originally unbelievably excited for him. He was why I became a 3AA member.

And if I really want a Rex later on, I could easily buy the Kotobukiya kit, paint it up, and even weather it. I find that stuff easy to do and I'm familiar with Kotobukiya and Bandai kits already.

It's just really frustrating because I would like to pay off these flex pays early if I can, but 3A keeps delaying Rex over and over again. There was this certain statue I wanted to buy from a seller soon and I had been counting on Rex to come this month and yet that has yet to happen. There's no excuse for it either. The thing is finished and already many have it. We're just getting some cheap lego figure and a new box and poster. That stuff doesn't take months to do.

Ahhh I see. And I hear ya about 3A,I will be done with them after Rex. He was all I wanted in the first place. Not really interested in getting Ray,hopefully my display wont look too lame without him:wink1: Being reletivly new to high end collecting,I guess I have been easily amused at what 3A is giving us with Rex,so I feel the $490 is a justified price. Ive been waiting forever for something like this so I cannot even fathom letting him go,even with his minor inconsistancies and questionable manufacturer. Well I wish you well in your sale brotha. Curious to see what he will go for aftermarket. You gonna go the ebay route for the sale?

@Monger: well said. I hope they (3a) let me/us down like that on the Kröte....:(

Last edited:
Ahhh I see. And I hear ya about 3A,I will be done with them after Rex. He was all I wanted in the first place. Not really interested in getting Ray,hopefully my display wont look too lame without him:wink1: Being reletivly new to high end collecting,I guess I have been easily amused at what 3A is giving us with Rex,so I feel the $490 is a justified price. Ive been waiting forever for something like this so I cannot even fathom letting him go,even with his minor inconsistancies and questionable manufacturer. Well I wish you well in your sale brotha. Curious to see what he will go for aftermarket. You gonna go the ebay route for the sale?

I probably will go the Ebay route, but to be honest I don't really want to since they will take a fairly large chunk of the sales :( Ebay fees on top of Paypal fees are crazy! Thanks for the wishing me well on the sale though and I hope you enjoy Rex. I'm sure it will look awesome on display.

Decided to re-do my Revolver Ocelot.

My friend Jack D and I had long conversations about what uniform to use for Ocelot.

Basically he wears a Russian camo uniform wich is impossible to find in 1/6.
We decided to use a Woodland cam uniform and dye it in orange/brown.

Good thing is that the cut was perfect and it even had the accurate pockets on his breast and arms.

Here's a first pics.

I still need to give him proper gloved hands and his coat of course.

P1050840.jpg

Decided to re-do my Revolver Ocelot.

My friend Jack D and I had long conversations about what uniform to use for Ocelot.

Basically he wears a Russian camo uniform wich is impossible to find in 1/6.
We decided to use a Woodland cam uniform and dye it in orange/brown.

Good thing is that the cut was perfect and it even had the accurate pockets on his breast and arms.

Here's a first pics.

I still need to give him proper gloved hands and his coat of course.

P1050840.jpg

That looks close enough. I've never seen anything that was 100% accurate to that look. It's a real shame too since it's probably the best looking outfit in the series in terms of style. It's a shame he stopped wearing his duster coat in the Plant chapter.

In a weird way, I would like to see a Liquid Ocelot custom. Not the MGS4 version. I mean the MGS2 version that actually had Liquid inside him.

I never understood why when he turned into Liquid the sleeve of his arm ripped off :dunno

That looks close enough. I've never seen anything that was 100% accurate to that look. It's a real shame too since it's probably the best looking outfit in the series in terms of style. It's a shame he stopped wearing his duster coat in the Plant chapter.

In a weird way, I would like to see a Liquid Ocelot custom. Not the MGS4 version. I mean the MGS2 version that actually had Liquid inside him.

I never understood why when he turned into Liquid the sleeve of his arm ripped off :dunno

Yeah oddly his mgs2 style looks really simple but in reality it's kinda tricky in 1/6, there is nothing that matches his outfit eprfectly.

Next step will be the duster.

Too bad his look turned out really bad in mgs4.

Yeah oddly his mgs2 style looks really simple but in reality it's kinda tricky in 1/6, there is nothing that matches his outfit eprfectly.

Next step will be the duster.

Too bad his look turned out really bad in mgs4.

His badge on his chest bugs me >_>

They gave him this real world super villain look which reminds me a lot of Wesker in RE5. But it worked for Wesker, it failed for Ocelot, he was definitely the worst designed character in the game.

Otacon was more well designed, only in the opening helicopter scene when he greets Snake and he is wearing that white overcoat.

Came out great. Definitely the best yet! It will be even better soon once the new pieces come in :hi5:

If anyone has been following the 3A board we might be getting a newsletter with pictures of the REX pilot... you know... the thing that has been keeping this thing delayed :slap

Back