Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I've ordered from amiami, hlj and so on with no problems. The most was a random customs that took a few days, or having to sign a separate order at the door....

One thing that bugs me is that they won't leave packages in the door from Amiami when delivered, but at least that means they won't get stolen.

I just contacted AmiAmi :pow. I'll see how it goes. If they offer me an ultimatum (like what happened to Kiva), I'll just cancel my account and take my $100.

This is the first order that I've ever had from Japan, that has given me problems.
I don't think they'll be quick to ban you out of nowhere when you really haven't received your package. If they reply back with something like "but our side said that the package was sent" and they refer you to your post office, just show your local PO the email that AmiAmi sent you and maybe you can get the refund there while keeping your account...?

I've had defect issues with figures before, and as long as your pretty vigilant about telling things to them and keeping tabs with your orders, they're likely to take action on your behalf: either by points refund (eugh) or referring you to your PO so you can get the refund there by providing you with the necessary details you'd need to make a complaint. I've literally managed full refunds from AmiAmi by complaining to my PO about their mishandling at times, so just be firm about it. From past experience, if you order a lot from them, I think they'd rather keep you as a customer than boot you over one hiccup.

If all else fails....... well I don't know... :gah:

Got Ocelot earlier. It's a nice figure, but the face is very plain and expressionless. I'll post pics at some point.

at that height its pretty much spot on then if you think about it. im looking at bdu venom snake and hes the same height as mof. ocelot is the same height as venom in game. plis, if you could maybe you could post a pic cause it doesnt seem too crazy to me. i do admit though that sneaking suit venom is shorter than he should be.

at that height its pretty much spot on then if you think about it. im looking at bdu venom snake and hes the same height as mof. ocelot is the same height as venom in game. plis, if you could maybe you could post a pic cause it doesnt seem too crazy to me. i do admit though that sneaking suit venom is shorter than he should be.
Yeah I hope it's not too bad in person. Volgin's proportions are huuuge and he practically towers over a lot of characters (and rightfully so) so I hope it's more of a height thing than necessarily Ocelot looking completely gargantuan.

I received my 3A Ray a couple of days ago and I am really glad that I took the plunge. I knew he was big, but wow, pics just can't capture his size. His wingspan is so large that he is difficult to move through doorways lol. I am waiting on some batteries before I take more pics, but regardless, you guys were right - he is an extremely impressive piece. :clap
96AF82B1-4AC8-4B09-8603-31642129AAFA_zpsn5fwgxtq.jpg

bbts has ray for $339 plus shipping but rex is sold out. there may be a board member who wants to sell theirs but i think ebay or amazon may be it after that.

same, with added articulation and a slightly better build design.

looking on ebay, it looks like the pak tiger stripe venom snake has gone up in price now. all i see is the variant versions and the sneaking suit on there closer to retail. the tiger stripe version is $300+ with one person selling his personal one 25% lower than retail and one seller who has more than 10 @ $140 a piece. its crazy that quiet being the secondary character garners the most $$$ right now. im surprised venom has taken so long to take off in price that considered. i figured the sneaking suit version would be the one that would fly off the shelves but thats probably because thats the costume i chose to use the most in game. any thoughts on this?

Last edited:
Hey Guys I am working on both a MGS 1 Meryl and Mei Ling 1/6 and want your opinions on some head sculpts I was thinking of if you guys would be so kind.
231VC01_ACU-Camo.jpg
$_1.jpeg

I figure pull Mei Lings hair up a bit in a bun and it will improve the likeness, I know meryl's not spot on. Any thoughts?

That might definitely work for Mei Ling. I'd try to find a less feminine looking female head, if that's possible. Or maybe just younger looking?

Back