Menlojames Custom fun and repaints some new figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Menlojames 2010 customs and projects

Also Currently working on: and just realized I forgot to gloss the eyes:gah:
img2652w.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
img2653o.jpg
img2654v.jpg
img2655b.jpg
img2656t.jpg
img2660d.jpg

You got some great base (clothes, headsculpt) and you got some potential about paintings and probably good material but you have to upgrade your skills especially your choice about the colors like the eyes or the hairs.
Try to add some grey for the blue eyes.
But your work on the skins are damn good but you really need to work on the eyes. It took me years to paint eyes even if sometimes I'm still not happy.
Keep it up !

You got some great base (clothes, headsculpt) and you got some potential about paintings and probably good material but you have to upgrade your skills especially your choice about the colors like the eyes or the hairs.
Try to add some grey for the blue eyes.
But your work on the skins are damn good but you really need to work on the eyes. It took me years to paint eyes even if sometimes I'm still not happy.
Keep it up !

I'll try to take that as a compliment i guess. :dunno I think I will start taking my time on eyes as they do seem to ruin the entire sculpt when done poorly. :peace

Thanks TurdFerguson, I appreciate your kind words, I have been experimenting with my airbrush for the skin tones.

I modded a Pitt Aldo head that I will be turning into an Achilles with hair.
img0048ust.jpg
img0046gw.jpg

Still a Wip I used a HT terminator body painted it, some Pred hands and feet the rest I made. I am going for the Falcon Predator look in Predators. got to add the arm armor with sword and leg armor.

img0061.jpg
img0065l.jpg
img0068x.jpg
img0069.jpg

Great work, Menlo!

I've always thought your paintjobs were unique and interesting, they remind me of oil paintings! Your color usage is freshing and they are your signature, I always can tell your paintjobs apart from others. My advice is to not change your style, my advice is to keep doing what you're doing and develop it even further into something even more unique and interesting. So, don't get discouraged, keep it going! You have made some great improvements and you can make even more.

The only part that I'd suggest you work on is eye placement, make sure you use one specific photo for reference. Eyes are the most important part of a sculpt, there's a few of your heads where the eyes look just a tad too close together.

I really like your work and I enjoy checking your thread!

Thank you Die, I appreciate your comments and critiques and am working to improve on my eyes. Thank you for checking out this thread and replying! Again I really appreciate your feedback! Thanks!

wow great job on the eyes for durden,
i always have a hard time painting eyes looking in a dirction but you nailed it

one critique (everything else looks good to me)
maybe some dark eye lash on the top of his eye? You did the red hue around the eye very well though

Thanks Sunohc, I'm looking forward to painting up more of the heads I ordered from you! I have started to take a different approach to my painting. I paint the eyes first now and don't start on the flesh tones until I am happy with the eyes, I then tape them up and airbrush the rest of the flesh tones using 4 different Mr. Color paints thinned down with Mr. Thinner, then do all the facial hair and seal it with Mr super clear semi gloss These are the paints I started to use https://store.spruebrothers.com/gunze-mr-color-set---flesh-tone-colors-for-figures-cs551-p20961.aspx

I'll work on my eye lashes, thanks again!

Man you have definitely make some good porgress on your paintjob.
Espceially on the eyes, that looks way better.
Keep it up man you're almost there!

Thanks elvis, I appreciate it! Someday I hope to be a machine like you but that day is still far far away. Thanks again!

great improvement on those eyes for sure man. keep trucking along!

Thanks Drjedisith, I just finished up another paint up but didn't do the eye lashes again I just realized. HT Pred Dutch head

img0157j.jpg
img0154g.jpg
img0150c.jpg

The darker lashes will do wonders. Right now the eyes kind of blend in with the rest of your paints. Once you 'line' them they'll pop out and it will make your overall paint up look that much better.

But looking good man! Loving the vein details on the temple there! I like the skin tones on Dutch too! Not quite as pale as some of your others. :)

Thanks beeshaw I'm going to work on the lashes tonight. I appreciate it!

Back