Menlojames Custom fun and repaints some new figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Menlojames 2010 customs and projects

First up is Bruce Willis (A.K. Waters) from Tears of the Sun. Just finished it up today though will do more weathering.
img1932g.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img1933t.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img1938h.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img1939w.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img1941c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img1944oq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img1947h.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Re: Menlojames 2010 customs and projects

I always wanted to try a T3 battle Damage custom and after seeing the amazing Job Elvis did, I had to have one in my collection.
img1963nj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img1962g.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img1961a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img1960pv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img1958g.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img1957.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Saving Private Ryan with the great Serang headsculpt I just painted. I used a TTL Body and the Soldier Story Ranger gear.
img2023pk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2022v.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2021i.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2017c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

I'm digging the Terminator! You really have to weather those leathers though man. Add some dirt and grime. It'll take it to the next level! Keep it up!! :)

Thanks Beeshaw, I did weather it but for some reason the pictures don't show it. I think your right though I need to do more weathering on him. I just finished another Terminator that has my favorite terminator/ Arnold head sculpt ever (made by the great Imaresqd1). I hope you like it! I'm Still rounding up the weapons to complete him.

img1990z.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img1988.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img1987n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img1986f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img1985a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I did a lot more Weathering on both these figures.
img2004cx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2002ol.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img1998h.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img1994q.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks To Nek74 wonderful Wikus head, I have been able to make District 9's changing Wikus. Here he is, Comments and criticism welcome.
img2012j.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2013f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2014d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2015l.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2010uw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2007s.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2005d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2006u.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2008x.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

I am excited for the Green Zone coming to theaters this month. I was looking to round up parts to make him in his desert military gear and decided to make this version with parts I already have. I love the Bourne series and look forward to Green Zone!
img2047w.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2046hh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2042ul.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2041.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2036.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2035b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2033j.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2032j.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I stripped and repainted my Michael W. Burn Notice head and am working on Donnie Yen from Blade 2.
img2072d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2078p.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2069h.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2068c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2067l.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2066x.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2064d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Lots of cool stuff there. Wikus is especially impressive.

If I might make a couple of small critiques though. 1. When doing blue eyes, you should paint the outer rim of the iris a darker blue instead of brown. 2. The Donnie Yen head appears to be too small for that neck.

Lots of cool stuff there. Wikus is especially impressive.

If I might make a couple of small critiques though. 1. When doing blue eyes, you should paint the outer rim of the iris a darker blue instead of brown. 2. The Donnie Yen head appears to be too small for that neck.

Thanks for the Tips! I used to do that and for some reason I have been using dark brown for every color eye for a while now, Thanks! In hand the Yen Head works with the body as the Enterbay 2.5 body has his neck at an angle and the flash makes the flesh colors look way off with I think effects the look.

Thank you so much Kuato, I miss seeing your work posted daily like the old days but Love it when you do post as your Brad Pitt Fight Club and every thing your brush touches is Phenomenal.

Great work James, your blood is really good. The Wikus body modifications look very realistic :)

Hi, great customs, but I think a little more shades on the face will make the facial features stand out more, and a slight spray of matt finish will further enhance your results. Great works!

Thanks Vartal, I'm still working on my Avatar figure and can't wait to pick up that wonderful Craig sculpt of yours.

yourbuststop thank you, sometimes when I am sealing my heads it's windy outside and I get too much semi-gloss on them and it gets to glossy. I'll start using dullcoat instead and see if the finished results look better, Thanks again!

Very nice work. I realy like your skin tones what type of paints do you use?

Very nice work. I realy like your skin tones what type of paints do you use?

Thanks SirGor, for the translucent type look i use Tamiya clear acrylics (clear red, clear orange, Clear blue and clear grey) I use a ton of Tamiya thinner to thin down the paint.

Thanks Xenoviper, you should make a Wikus as your customs Rock! I miss seeing your customs but love all the sculpts you have been creating.

I just about finished my 2nd version of Matt D from the Green Zone still gotta do some weathering and add the Miller name badge. I also just painted Alex Lopez fantastic Pitt Bastards head (Really a fantastic head sculpt!)
img2098x.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2093f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2091gd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2090ap.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2087g.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img2086e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]