Statue MEDUSA -(NEW Medusa 2015) MEDUSA VICTORIOUS ARH STUDIOS sneek peek and discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ARH want $1000 for that ?

25fsth1.gif

I'm glad that I don't really like this...saves me money. I know this is weird but what bothers me the most besides the paint is the stone guy nearest Medusa. For some reason her bright colors mixed with his stone color is really making it unbalanced in my eyes...it's really taking away from her. I can't explain it but he's so distracting..

I'll be picking this one up. She's beautiful! Don't mind the colors at all. And my wife wants it really bad so price tag is fine.

That's good! As long as you love it, it's worth it. The sculpt isn't bad, I'm just not crazy about the vibrant colors...I guess I'm comparing it to the original which is perfection to me :)

That's good! As long as you love it, it's worth it. The sculpt isn't bad, I'm just not crazy about the vibrant colors...I guess I'm comparing it to the original which is perfection to me :)

It's weird but the pictures don't convey the colors well or the facial expression and I agree there is also that comparison thing going on here but I like the different direction Ehren took. Her smirk is more of her reveling in the deaths of the two warriors.. In person it is stunning imo.

I remember the first Medusa debut. Peeps said nah don't like it...not feeling it ...$600 is too much. Well??? Hahah!

I'll be picking this one up. She's beautiful! Don't mind the colors at all. And my wife wants it really bad so price tag is fine.

Sweet. :hi5: Same here, the little lady loved it. Ordered!

Alas. Much to the shock and disappointment of dr Sanchez our statues are selling well and it appears ARH studios will survive. Sorry to disappoint our haters. :)

Alas. Much to the shock and disappointment of dr Sanchez our statues are selling well and it appears ARH studios will survive. Sorry to disappoint our haters. :)

Why are you guys like that? "Haters this....haters that"
That is all I have ever seen out of ARH. If people criticize your pieces in anyway, you label them as haters.

That is a poor business practice.

You are in an artistic and visual industry, criticism is a part of it. I was told by many of my art teachers that criticism is a healthy part of growing/improving. I don't see any posts in this thread that aren't constructive.

Just because someone doesn't agree with your vision doesn't mean they are haters.
In fact, you are the hater. And labeling collectors in that way will only make people less willing to buy your pieces.
And less likely to take you seriously.

There are companies out there that take way more criticism than you and they do it with dignity and put don't down their collectors.

"The final proof of greatness lies in being able to endure criticism without resentment." -Elbert Hubbard
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." - Elbert Hubbard
"You just never give up, no matter how hard the challenges are, and observe this world with a healthy dose of criticism and don't just follow the herd like somebody else might do." -Renny Harlin

Last edited:
Why are you guys like that? "Haters this....haters that"
That is all I have ever seen out of ARH. If people criticize your pieces in anyway, you label them as haters.

That is a poor business practice.

You are in an artistic and visual industry, criticism is a part of it. I was told by many of my art teachers that criticism is a healthy part of growing/improving. I don't see any posts in this thread that aren't constructive.

Just because someone doesn't agree with your vision doesn't mean they are haters.
In fact, you are the hater. And labeling collectors in that way will only make people less willing to buy your pieces.
And less likely to take you seriously.

"The final proof of greatness lies in being able to endure criticism without resentment." -Elbert Hubbard
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." - Elbert Hubbard
"You just never give up, no matter how hard the challenges are, and observe this world with a healthy dose of criticism and don't just follow the herd like somebody else might do." -Renny Harlin

Perhaps you've seen more post that explain your need to define criticism for ARH but I don't think it was necessary on this particular comment. All ehren said was the person who offered up nothing constructive at all, just making fun of the price with a gif of fellas laughing, shouldn't hate cause ARH is selling statues just fine. Maybe it's just me but I don't see constructive criticism there, just humor, and I see nothing wrong with what ehren said.

Ironically every quote used above is exactly what has defined this company. Endurance. Every time we anounce a new statue we are normally greeted with unwarranted and demeaning comments. But we continue to grow and the statues get better. I honestly think Arahom shot himself in the foot years ago with his emotional reactions to things. If someone is going to offer honest hearted, valid, artistic criticism, that's great. I've actually been known to change my work specifically because a legit comment caught me eye. But certain people are not and will never be interested in what we do. They just get a charge out of being demeaning.

Yeah what happened a while ago was a bit extreme :p And I can attest to ehren looking for valid critcism as he actually pmed me once after I posted disliking a piece and asking what I thought would make it better. It's their work and sometimes having people be critical of it is tough, and Arahom did blow up on SF (and people had a legit reason to complain imo) on it but it is true that a lot of people simply don't offer critique or criticism as well. Also at least they're listening ;p good luck getting anything from SS. Igo is more snappish (and incredibly sarcastic) compared to Arahom :|

edit: On the same token I wouldn't take all those comments are directed towards you guys. It is a forum board and people make jokes like that, not necessarily to disparage you guys directly ><

Last edited:
Well most love the sculpt (which is what you did Ehren). I think the color choice was what let the air outta the balloon. I actually thought the Dr. Sanchez comment was on the humorous side, but what do I know.

Ironically every quote used above is exactly what has defined this company. Endurance. Every time we anounce a new statue we are normally greeted with unwarranted and demeaning comments. But we continue to grow and the statues get better. I honestly think Arahom shot himself in the foot years ago with his emotional reactions to things. If someone is going to offer honest hearted, valid, artistic criticism, that's great. I've actually been known to change my work specifically because a legit comment caught me eye. But certain people are not and will never be interested in what we do. They just get a charge out of being demeaning.

I have a lot of respect for you, but using that term, "haters" isn't going to get you any love. Every collectible company gets criticism when they reveal a new piece. Look at the negative comments thrown at Sideshow for their Supergirl PF. EVERY comment was negative, no one liked it. But guess what...they didn't go on forums calling people "haters," they used that criticism and improved the piece. Well, slightly.

In time you will grow a tougher skin. This is all part of the game.

YOU AREN'T GOING TO PLEASE EVERYONE!

Blackqueen79, I agree for the most part with your comments.

It's nice that companies are willing to interact with fans and customers but all I've ever seen come from that are arguments on the forum and people getting rude and upset. It happened with the Asmus threads and I'm sure many, many more. As much as I like companies caring what our thoughts are, they probably shouldn't respond to negative comments as it just adds fuel to the fire.

Back