Medicom's R2 and 3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are supposed to be C-3PO and R2D2 at the very end of New Hope, when they both look shiny and new. So the finish is spot on for that scene, but I prefer the slightly weathered Medicom version as well.

Droids.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I think the size is about right in comparison to 3PO, not fogetting a person is actually inside R2.

Yes, I'm sure it's right, I was just saying that I'd gotten used to the smaller R2 from looking at the Medicom Pix so much.

Anyone has a comparative photo of R2-D2 and C-3PO figures of Medicom with the Hasbro ones

Here you go!!!
Not the best pics, but believe me, these figures are miles ahead of Hasbro's...

Comparison shots with Hasbro's

DSC06923.jpg

DSC06924.jpg

DSC06925.jpg

DSC06926.jpg

DSC06927.jpg

DSC06929.jpg

It's an amazing piece, greatly designed, and lots of detail.
It's definitely not worth the price tag, but I'm glad I scored one without box for cheap.
Might not be in scale, but definitely one of the best R2 rendition out there!!
I'm just waiting for 3PO now!
:rock!

OK People
Again sorry for the crappy pics...
Here's 3PO!! It's just awesome!!!
And having both Droids together is beautiful!!!
We just need a decent Chewbacca to have the whole main Rebels!!

DSC06967.jpg

DSC06983-1.jpg

DSC06986.jpg

Anyway!!
Great job by Medicom!!!

Regardless of scale, they do look fantastic. Anybody that denies it get a: :moon

The official size of C-3PO is 1,65 m, 275 mm in 1/6 scale. The Medicom toy C-3PO is 280 mm.

The official size of R2-D2 is 0,96 m, 160 mm in 1/6 scale. The Medicom toy R2-D2 is 155 mm.

The difference betwen those droids (1/6 official size) is 275-160= 115 mm

The difference betwen those droids (Medicom size) is 280-155= 125 mm

The Medicom error is 125-115=10 mm (6 cm in the real size).

is it a important difference?.
:lecture

The size of both droids doesn't bother me that much, but 3PO's face does.
If they are available at lower prices later on I might get them.

I got my set today...wow these are awesome. Carl as a fan of R2 you gotta pick this guy up. Yes they are overpriced but they are really nice in person. And would it have killed them to include batteries? Sheesh, at least R2 requires AAA, 3PO requires a watch battery. :( Oh and a word to the wise, careful pushing up that third leg, it's a doosey.

I got my set today...wow these are awesome. Carl as a fan of R2 you gotta pick this guy up. Yes they are overpriced but they are really nice in person. And would it have killed them to include batteries? Sheesh, at least R2 requires AAA, 3PO requires a watch battery. :( Oh and a word to the wise, careful pushing up that third leg, it's a doosey.

Pics. And yes it is weak they don't come with batteries.

/on the lookout for 3PO

Back