Medicom Tetsuo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea same here, 1st anime movie i saw. Also i was happy to find out later in life that Kaneda was voiced by Cam Clarke, aka Leonardo (my fav turtle) and Liquid Snake in MGS games. It was a awesome revalation lol! I hated the new dub, with Adam the black ranger as Kaneda, wish they'd release the OG dub on a Blu-ray or something.

He was also He-Man, Prince Adam and King Grayskull in the 2002 MOTU series.
I love the newer versions of Akira on Blue ray and the special edition from a few years ago but nothing beats the 80's dub with all of the classic voice actors.

Yea same here, 1st anime movie i saw. Also i was happy to find out later in life that Kaneda was voiced by Cam Clarke, aka Leonardo (my fav turtle) and Liquid Snake in MGS games. It was a awesome revalation lol! I hated the new dub, with Adam the black ranger as Kaneda, wish they'd release the OG dub on a Blu-ray or something.

woah woah, wait a minute, thier is more than one dub ?, i saw a dub as johny bosch from bleach play kaneda, can sombody post the different dub voices.

He was also He-Man, Prince Adam and King Grayskull in the 2002 MOTU series.
I love the newer versions of Akira on Blue ray and the special edition from a few years ago but nothing beats the 80's dub with all of the classic voice actors.

Yea i forgot bout those dudes too, he's been in a lot i think, but he's still bad ass for being Kaneda, Leo, and Liquid.

I bought the TIN Dvd case for Akira, and I still have my VHS and Criterion Laser Disc for Akira, but nothing beats the 80s dub at all.

-Kaneda "Is that you Tetsuo?"
-Yama "That pea brain?"

lol! those lines never get old! :rock

This figure is freakin amazing!:horror

Does anyone besides me wish they would offer Tetsuo's bike aswell? I know it's not as iconic as Kaneda's bike, but it still looks pretty badass.:cool:

woah woah, wait a minute, thier is more than one dub ?, i saw a dub as johny bosch from bleach play kaneda, can sombody post the different dub voices.

Copied from wikipedia, they got the table ober there.

It goes:
[Character Name]
[Japanese VA]
[US Streamline 1988 Dub]
[US Pioneer 2001 Dub]

|[[Shotaro Kaneda (Akira)|Shotaro Kaneda]]
|[[Mitsuo Iwata]]
|[[Cam Clarke]] (Jimmy Flinders)
|[[Johnny Yong Bosch]]
|-
|[[Tetsuo Shima]]
|[[Nozomu Sasaki]]
|[[Jan Rabson]] (Stanley Gurd Jr.)
|[[Joshua Seth]]
|-
|[[Kei (Akira)|Kei]]
|[[Mami Koyama]]
|[[Lara Cody]] (Deanna Morris)
|[[Wendee Lee]]
|-
|[[Ryu (Akira)|Ryusaku]] (Roy)
|[[Tesshō Genda]]
|[[Steve Kramer (actor)|Steve Kramer]] (Drew Thomas)
|[[Robert Buchholz|Bob Buchholz]] (Robert Wicks)
|-
|[[Colonel Shikishima|The Colonel]]
|[[Tarō Ishida]]
|[[Tony Pope]] (Tony Mozdy)
|[[Jamieson Price|Jamieson K. Price]] (James Lyon)
|-
|[[Doctor Ōnishi|The Doctor]]
|[[Mizuho Suzuki]]
|[[Watney Held]]
|[[Simon Prescott]] (Simon Isaacson)
|-
|[[Kaori (Akira)|Kaori]]
|[[Yuriko Fuchizaki]]
|[[Barbara Goodson]] (Barbara Larsen)
|[[Michelle Ruff]] (Georgette Rose)
|-
|[[Yamagata (Akira)|Yamagata]]
|[[Masaaki Ōkura]]
|[[Michael Lindsay]] (Dylan Tully)
|-
|[[Kai (Akira)|Kai]]
|[[Takeshi Kusao]]
|[[Bob Bergen]]
|[[Matthew Mercer]] (Matt 'Masamune' Miller)
|-
|[[Esper (Akira)|Masaru]]
|[[Kazuhiro Kamifuji]]
|[[Bob Bergen]]
|[[Cody MacKenzie]]
|-
|[[Esper (Akira)|Takashi]]
|[[Tatsuhiko Nakamura]]
|[[Barbara Goodson]] (Barbara Larsen)
|[[Mona Marshall]]
|-
|[[Esper (Akira)|Kiyoko]]
|[[___ue Ito]]
|[[Melora Harte]] (Marilyn Lane)
|[[Sandy Fox]]
|-
|[[Esper (Akira)|Miyako]]
|[[Koichi Kitamura (seiyu)|Kōichi Kitamura]]
|[[William Frederick Knight]]
|-
|[[Nezu]]
|[[Hiroshi Ōtake]]
|[[Mike Reynolds]] (Ray Michaels)
|-
|[[Inspector]]
|[[Michihiro Ikemizu]]
|[[Bob Bergen]]
|[[Steve Staley]] (Steve Cannon)
|-
|[[Mitsuru Kuwata]]
|[[Yukimasa Kishino]]
|[[Bob Bergen]]
|unknown
|-
|[[Eiichi Watanabe]]
|[[Tarō Arakawa]]
|[[Jan Rabson]] (Stanley Gurd Jr.)
|[[Skip Stellrecht]] (Henry Douglas Grey)
|-
|[[Yūji Takeyama]]
|[[Masato Hirano]]
|[[Eddie Frierson]] (Christopher Mathewson)
|unknown
|-
|[[Army]]
|[[Kazumi Tanaka]]
|[[Kurt P. Wimberger]]
|-
|[[Harukiya]] [[bartender]]
|[[Yōsuke Akimoto]]
|[[Bob Bergen]]
|[[John Snyder (voice actor)|John Snyder]] (Ivan Buckley)

This figure is freakin amazing!:horror

Does anyone besides me wish they would offer Tetsuo's bike aswell? I know it's not as iconic as Kaneda's bike, but it still looks pretty badass.:cool:

That'd be cool, but I doubt it happen. :monkey2 Best they can do for us is give us a Tetsuo with "gloved hands" and a "bandanged head" to replicate the scene where he jacks Kaneda's bike.

ak_groups004.jpg

So I guess Sideshow will be carrying Tetsuo, how long do we reckon before a pre-order goes up? Or are we still months away from that even?

Thinking of canceling a shed load of pre-orders so I can keep Kenada, exclusive bike and then order this too! :banana

That would be great if they offered an alternate head and arm. we could at least pose him on Kaneda's bike.:cool:

Yea i plan to do that to mine, hopefully if they give us the extra stuff

So I guess Sideshow will be carrying Tetsuo, how long do we reckon before a pre-order goes up? Or are we still months away from that even?

Thinking of canceling a shed load of pre-orders so I can keep Kenada, exclusive bike and then order this too! :banana

I dunno how long that'll take lol! But I hope its soon!

Yea man, I gave up a lot of stuff that I figured I can track down later, but these are must haves for me :banana

i hope they do him on a smaller body. tetsuo is a little shorter than kaneda. they probably wont but i can wish :p

I remeber after I saw Akira, I wanted to see as many Anime movies as I could, so one day I rented Urotsukidoji Legend Of The Overfiend (it has lots of sex scenes which I was not aware of). My mum made me switch it off after 15mins, even though I was about 17 at the time.

Doubt he will come with an extra arm as Medicom bodies can't allow for swapping out like HT ones can, unless they develop another.

I remeber after I saw Akira, I wanted to see as many Anime movies as I could, so one day I rented Urotsukidoji Legend Of The Overfiend (it has lots of sex scenes which I was not aware of). My mum made me switch it off after 15mins, even though I was about 17 at the time.

LOL!!! :chew:chew:chew :monkey2:monkey2 :chew:chew:chew

Dude same exact thing happend to me!!! OMG!1 My cousins and I saw Akira and we loved it. We then saw Fist of the North Star and we loved that too. The next movie we rented was Legend of the Overfiend at the video store. Soon as we popped it in, we were like WTF?! Oh my man that was hella crazy at the time, cuz there were my guy cousins and girl cousins together. We shut it off, but late at nite my guy cousins and I finished the movie lol!!

:rotfl

Back