Medicom Tetsuo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! This looks great!!

I really wanna see whats going on in the background with Evangelion!

U got any links about that Batty?

Not yet. I'm not even sure where these are being shown. Hopefully we'll see more pics and info soon.

I gotta say this is the first time I didn't like an anime HS from medicom. hopefully its just the angle of the figure in the photo because this will really complete the akira collection for me. The rest looks great. Especially the boots and the mech arm.

E reason for thiE r
I think if one goes into seeing Akira nowadays, they'll have to have an open mind because A) it's been twenty years since it was created and B) it's plot could be considered obtuse and hard to follow.

Still, in the pantheon of must-watch anime titles, Akira sits at the top with stuff like Ghost in the Shell or any Miyazaki film.

sorry batty i never seen it all. i watched it for alittle bit while i was a bit younger and didnt understand it.

Don't feel too bae, hardly ANYONE undertsands akira outside its japanese fanbase, and MOST who claim to are lying.

As visualy stunning as it is, Akira as a movie is extremely HARD to follow.
The reason for this is because Akira was a monthy manga in japan, eac volume consisting oh 500 or so pages. The movie is somewhre areound volume 10 or so, located in the middle of the story.

It dosn't even cover the parts where akira, and the rest of the psychic children come back from the dead.

Read the mango, you'll like the movie more, not to mention understand it.

I'll be picking this up and have a Slim TT on stand-by for conversion. :D

I'd love to say Akira popped my anime cherry, but it was either Star Blazers or Robotech. Don't remember which.

Edit: NVM, Star Blazers on Captain Cosmic.

Last edited:
You see? This is what really annoys me!

I spend months convincing myself to cancel Kaneda & bike 'cos their just so ridiculously expensive and I figure "They won't make any supporting characters" so I'll be stuck with a one off very expensive (but ohh so cool) display piece.

Then they go and show this. Now I'm sucked into even more costs and likely a new display case!

Damn you Medicom. You are not my friend.

THAT has made my day.

Made my mind up on having to skip the bike though. Want to be able to afford Kaneda and this.

Pic: Toy World

Excellent, I really hoped Medi would make Tetsuo! I think the face is near on perfect. Re-built arm & curtain/cape too, love it!

thenammagazine said:
I'd love to say Akira popped my anime cherry, but it was either Star Blazers or Robotech. Don't remember which.

Yep, Star Blazers & Robotech had such an influence back in the day. I used to look forward to those Saturday morning cartoons all week. I need to see Star Blazers again, can hardly remember it at all.

Don't feel too bae, hardly ANYONE undertsands akira outside its japanese fanbase, and MOST who claim to are lying.

As visualy stunning as it is, Akira as a movie is extremely HARD to follow.
I never really understood it as a kid, but I still loved it.

As a kid, I watched Speed Racer, Voltron, and Robotech prior to Akira, but Akira was the first Japanese cartoon film I had seen.

YIKES! Thats pretty expensive. He looks great tho.
There's a Real Action Hero price for you. Sub-par to Hot Toys on nearly every level in terms of quality, but significantly more expensive for the basic figures.

The problem is, Medicom has licenses that others don't. Same thing with their Kubricks vs. Minimates. Their cartoony figures do look great, though. Just don't try moving them around too much, or they might break.

004.jpg

Back