Medicom Snape

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would not follow the medicom website prices. They listed ROTJ Fett about the same Yen price.

You can preorder from amiami for 14100Y (about $167 USD at the moment)

Thanks, I am really leaning towards buying it. I do love Alan Rickman, especially in Sense & Sensibility and Sweeney Todd. And technically there the NECA 12" Harry Potter figures to display it alongside.

Has anyone here used AmiAmi before? They look like a major operation.

Hmm...with EMS shipping from AmiAmi, we are still talking $200 with a PayPal prepayment required. I really prefer either minimal deposit or no charge preorders, even if I have to pay a bit more. I think I will wait until merchants outside Asia offer the figure, but it is more or less a lock that I will buy it.

Even though I mocked it as a $40 figure, I would probably buy the Harry Potter now if I could get it for $100.

Last edited:
Hmm...with EMS shipping from AmiAmi, we are still talking $200 with a PayPal prepayment required. I really prefer either minimal deposit or no charge preorders, even if I have to pay a bit more. I think I will wait until merchants outside Asia offer the figure, but it is more less a lock I will by it.

Even though I mocked it as a $40 figure, I would probably buy the Harry Potter now if I could get it for $100.

Although they use paypal for primary payment, they do not bill you for preorders. In fact, they can't bill you right away because they don't know what the shipping cost is. This will be determined once they have the item in their warehouse. You can make your reservation and will not get a paypal invoice until the item is in stock and ready for shipment.

No this is not UU.

20110409_241d8f26c4b2989f1d33Z1qRurlebVZT.jpg

BBTS has Snape listed for $199.99 -oh HELL NO am I paying that much! Especially when the latest and awesome Medi Boba Fett was only $140 and has much more detail.

And people think HT's prices have gotten out of control. Medicom is living on a different planet I swear. Their paint rivals Hasbro and they sculpts are generally weak, this being one of their best ones. But even still, they dare to charge $200 for a figure that will only come with a tiny wand? :lol At $100, I'd bite, but not at double that.

And people think HT's prices have gotten out of control. Medicom is living on a different planet I swear. Their paint rivals Hasbro and they sculpts are generally weak, this being one of their best ones. But even still, they dare to charge $200 for a figure that will only come with a tiny wand? :lol At $100, I'd bite, but not at double that.

Yeah, the Sweeney Todd put my desire to get this in perspective:

1. For essentially the same price I get a figure with a truly exceptional accessory in the barber chair versus, as you note, a "tiny wand".

2. With HT I know the production piece will differ only marginally from the quality of the prototype. In contrast this is the first sculpt of this quality Medicom has ever done. What the production paint in particular will be like is a gamble. I do have faith in their outfits based on the intricately-detailed X3 Wolverine outfit, but Snape's coat is sure going to require a lot of work with those tiny buttons.

I really want this figure but have to see a production photo first before I can justify it.

Based on the recent track record of HT not afraid of doing Medi licenses over I'm kind of wondering if we'll see an HT Harry Potter licenses in the near future. Sweeney Todd was redone, most of the Depp's figures will most likely be redone considering how big a worldwide hit HP was, I wouldn't be shocked to see them head into these waters...

yea I saw this somewhere up for pre-order when googling Medicom Harry Potter and Snape was up for $181.99 on sale with original price at $229.99!! :horror:slap I'm not even sure the die-hard harry potter fans would pay that much for a "dolly" :lol

There seems to be some disconnect with the Asian companies about not getting exclusive rights for a particular license. So it's conceivable that HT could do Potter characters. They are already established with Warner Bros, at least with the DC properties - I'm just wondering if HP is as popular over there. It's been established that LotR isn't as popular in Asia, is HP different?

Back