Medicom Snape

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2100142.jpg

tumblr_kxrqxw9PP51qak5x8o1_500.jpg

I just found this:
https://www.medicomtoy.tv/blog/?p=10063

I had sort of casually searched for this on my iPhone, but did a search in Japanese finally to see if I could hit upon a photo.

I'm undecided still. I have this on preorder at BBTS, but am not blown away by that display model, although it does look good, much, much better than your past Medicom offerings.

It's pretty good by Medicom's standards, but you can tell from the second photo that while it can look good in photographs, it's going to look pasty in person.

Definitely need to see more in reviews and perhaps a price drop before I'm going to be convinced, because Medicom's non-super hero tailoring isn't exactly the best.

It'll probably look amazing in the hands of someone capable of giving it a good re-paint though.

Nice sculpt, but the hair is horrible. You can see that the body is the crappy Medicom standard, unfortunately.

...you can tell from the second photo that while it can look good in photographs, it's going to look pasty in person.

It is Snape, he should look pasty. Most Hot Toys figures are too dark. It is obviously not easy to do skin tones in mass production.

Nice sculpt, but the hair is horrible. You can see that the body is the crappy Medicom standard, unfortunately.

So does anyone know how Medicom and TT slim bodies compare in size? I have a free one and this might be a good use.

It is Snape, he should look pasty. Most Hot Toys figures are too dark. It is obviously not easy to do skin tones in mass production.

So does anyone know how Medicom and TT slim bodies compare in size? I have a free one and this might be a good use.

Pasty in the sense it looks plastic and toy like, seeing as Medicom don't paint their skin. HT obviously does okay with mass producing skin tones.

TT slims have slightly thicker thighs (and straighter), broader shoulders, and limbs are also a bit longer (hence taller). But will still fit into a fitted outfit made for the Medicom bodies as long as the material has some elasticity. I've only tried it with a Kamen Rider.

I think the head sculpt is fantastic. In those pics it doesnt help the close up is using a flash. Still not sure I would want just a Snape on the shelf.

blog

blog

TT slims have slightly thicker thighs (and straighter), broader shoulders, and limbs are also a bit longer (hence taller). But will still fit into a fitted outfit made for the Medicom bodies as long as the material has some elasticity. I've only tried it with a Kamen Rider.

The TT Slim is just a little bigger and slightly taller than a Medicom body, but it make a good port over. The only problem you may have is with the longer arms and neck peg, since the Medicom neck pegs are much smaller than the HT peg.

Got meself a Medicom Snape, surprised by the great quality. Worth the price. The sculpt is top notch, the clothes material is awesome and the paint/skintone is lifelike.

Here's some quick pics I took with my phone, so forgive the blur and out of focus thingy.

2011-11-16222000.jpg

2011-11-16222137.jpg

2011-11-16222214.jpg

2011-11-16222317.jpg

See I really want this figure, but Medicom is out of their damn mind selling it at this price. It's a $160 max. No way is it worth over $200.

Back