Medicom Roy Mustang and new Edward!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe it, i bought both FMA off ebay for $135 shipped. Southern Island must really be screwed.

minivader said:
just want to mention yamato's 1/12 votoms are great too. first company in about 2 decades that made a scopedog in 1/12, and jump-started the votom craze. Now takara, CM and even Bandai have more votom products than ever.

The 1/12 Scopedogs are great. I only wish we got a Fyana and Epsilon figure to go with the BadAss Chirico one they did. As it is now Takara has exceeded Yamato in terms of storyline important pieces. the DMZ line is great and comparable to Yamato's 1/12 as well but Yamato has def got it down because of the impressive scale plus features. I think DMZ are little too small after playing with the 1/12 I only wish they did all the fan friendly stuff that Takara has done with their 1/18 DMZ line

Tendou-Kabuto said:
Medicom makes the Best Poseable Anime figures outside of Bandai. For PVC Yamato is very hit or miss, IMO anyway. I much prefer Max Factory, GSC and Alter as they are way more consistent in terms of sculpts and paint apps. Yamato's PVC figures can be great half the time but other times the sculpts and quality control are really lacking. In the past year tho their stuff has really been getting better but still lagging behind Max's great 3 in terms of quality.

Yamato is great for one thing tho and that's perfect transformable mecha like the Macross 1/48 and 1/60 Valks. I'd say it's their biggest contribution to the hobby world. However due to the complexity of perfect features mecha there are often lots of issues with the first productions.

Yes, I was referring to pose-able figures about Medicom. I'm not as interested in the licenses that Bandai has (or haven't discovered any yet), so I don't seem to have any of their figures, so I can't comment on their quality.

As for PVC, I agree that just about anything manufactured by GSC, including Max Factory, Alter, Art Storm, FREEing, Toys Planning, Orchid Seed, etc., are some of the best made, highest quality figures on the market. That's not to say the sculptors hit the nail on the head as far as likeness or pose, but you can't complain about the actual manufacturing or paint apps!

I actually find several companies to be "hit or miss" besides Yamato. Sometimes they just don't do a good pose or sculpt, and sometimes it's the manufacturing, just like most companies.

lcummins said:
Yes, I was referring to pose-able figures about Medicom. I'm not as interested in the licenses that Bandai has (or haven't discovered any yet), so I don't seem to have any of their figures, so I can't comment on their quality.

As for PVC, I agree that just about anything manufactured by GSC, including Max Factory, Alter, Art Storm, FREEing, Toys Planning, Orchid Seed, etc., are some of the best made, highest quality figures on the market. That's not to say the sculptors hit the nail on the head as far as likeness or pose, but you can't complain about the actual manufacturing or paint apps!

I actually find several companies to be "hit or miss" besides Yamato. Sometimes they just don't do a good pose or sculpt, and sometimes it's the manufacturing, just like most companies.

Most of the time if there's a Max Factory version it's often considered by most fans the main default for any character they do. There are exceptions of course. But the Max 3 are definetly top notch when it comes to casting and paintapps.

For Sculpts, I think Max Factory does the best default versions (most of the time), Alter does the best Action Pose versions and GSC Is like the cuter version of Max Factory. They're all the same after all, the MAX3. Fewture (Art Storm) is very stylized they often take lots of liberties in their sculpts, sometimes it works great, sometimes not so great. Freeing has not done enough stuff but from what they have done they hold promise. Toys Planning is very hit or miss with me on sculpts but they def have great quality. Orchid Seed is not bad, most of their stuff since Ignis is really starting to improve but their early PVC stuff was painted too thick losing the sharpness of the sculpt, it's the same with many of their coldcast pcs. Orchid Seed has been getting better since Ignis tho and if their upcoming Ignis the White turns out as nice as the one they have on display at the shows then they could very well raise the bar for PVC statues this year.

Also Lonnie Megahouse is Owned by Bandai so if you buy any Megahouse stuff then you have bought Bandai to some degree. And why aren't you interested in Bandai they're like the Greatest toy company on the planet!

Tendou-Kabuto said:
The 1/12 Scopedogs are great. I only wish we got a Fyana and Epsilon figure to go with the BadAss Chirico one they did. As it is now Takara has exceeded Yamato in terms of storyline important pieces. the DMZ line is great and comparable to Yamato's 1/12 as well but Yamato has def got it down because of the impressive scale plus features. I think DMZ are little too small after playing with the 1/12 I only wish they did all the fan friendly stuff that Takara has done with their 1/18 DMZ line

last I heard there was suppose to be a Fyana figure planned for july/aug, but since there have not been a peep from Yamato about it since, my guess its not likely. I think its great that takara venture into the 1/18 DMZ line and I think they might actually produce all the other great votoms too, but somehow I just dont like their scopedog design, monkey arms and weird feet propotions IMO :rolleyes: Really looking forward to Bandai's 1/20 though, from the pics I saw they look very promising. Especially if they are engineered to the MG standard. And with Bandai, they probably would surpass takara in a year or 2 with the range of votom mechs. :D (not to mention the price is reasonable too.)

Tendou-Kabuto said:
...Also Lonnie Megahouse is Owned by Bandai so if you buy any Megahouse stuff then you have bought Bandai to some degree. And why aren't you interested in Bandai they're like the Greatest toy company on the planet!

Yeah, if I have to choose between competing versions of a figure, I will go with Max every time!

I do own several MegaHouse PVC figures and action figures; I did not know they were owned by Bandai! And don't get me wrong, I know full well the history and importance of Bandai as a toy company; they produce some amazing pieces of plastic, but I'm just not into a lot of what they produce currently. I have their Haruhi special color on order, along with several of the Saint Seiya re-releases, but that is about it. I have never been a big mecha fan and a lot of Bandai stuff seems to be mecha related (at least right now). Maybe I'm just missing some of their other items...

minivader said:
last I heard there was suppose to be a Fyana figure planned for july/aug, but since there have not been a peep from Yamato about it since, my guess its not likely. I think its great that takara venture into the 1/18 DMZ line and I think they might actually produce all the other great votoms too, but somehow I just dont like their scopedog design, monkey arms and weird feet propotions IMO :rolleyes: Really looking forward to Bandai's 1/20 though, from the pics I saw they look very promising. Especially if they are engineered to the MG standard. And with Bandai, they probably would surpass takara in a year or 2 with the range of votom mechs. :D (not to mention the price is reasonable too.)

I've seen the Fyana but Yamato take so long to make up their minds and with so many canned projects in the past, I feel uneasy about it's release altjo would be great if they did and I would be very happy.

I agree with the DMZ proportions are a bit sylizedr but they do a lot good character stuff so if you're big into the characters and the mecha then I'd say Takara is the way to go. They've even done Fyana in the Jirium Capsule. Bandai's 1/20 kits look really good. I cant wait to buy those!!!

lcummins said:
Yeah, if I have to choose between competing versions of a figure, I will go with Max every time!

I do own several MegaHouse PVC figures and action figures; I did not know they were owned by Bandai! And don't get me wrong, I know full well the history and importance of Bandai as a toy company; they produce some amazing pieces of plastic, but I'm just not into a lot of what they produce currently. I have their Haruhi special color on order, along with several of the Saint Seiya re-releases, but that is about it. I have never been a big mecha fan and a lot of Bandai stuff seems to be mecha related (at least right now). Maybe I'm just missing some of their other items...

Oh Man!!! Lonnie is a SAINT SEIYA fan!!! ^0^

It's true if you're not big Mecha fan Bandai's offering are prob not your thing. They do have other stuff tho. Of Course My Personal Favorite the Saint Seiya Myth Cloth Line and also What do you think of the SIC and GARO lines?? Also the Hybrid Action DBZ figures?? You aren't collecting Gashapon yet??!!??! LOL

Tendou-Kabuto said:
I've seen the Fyana but Yamato take so long to make up their minds and with so many canned projects in the past, I feel uneasy about it's release altjo would be great if they did and I would be very happy.

I agree with the DMZ proportions are a bit sylizedr but they do a lot good character stuff so if you're big into the characters and the mecha then I'd say Takara is the way to go. They've even done Fyana in the Jirium Capsule. Bandai's 1/20 kits look really good. I cant wait to buy those!!!

Yeah, takara makes some great votoms stuff (ality w/ cycle looks so cool), just cant get pass the price point and not a fan of the microman look. I am pinning my addition on bandai. :D

minivader said:
Yeah, takara makes some great votoms stuff (ality w/ cycle looks so cool), just cant get pass the price point and not a fan of the microman look. I am pinning my addition on bandai. :D

They're not cheap. I dont mind them using the Micros as the articulation is great but the details on the faces leave a lot to be desired. Yamato did a Great job with their Chirico and the Fyana Proto looked great as well. Too bad the Bandai kits wont have poseable figures to pilot them. I dont mind it so much for Gundam because they're much bigger but I've been spoiled with Votoms with the large scales.Bandai's kits will be the most detailed tho.

minivader said:
bandai's SIC are sick!!!!! the kikader with side car look so freaking amazing. got no shelf left.....:monkey2

Man It's a great piece. I only wish they redid Kikaider w/ Sidemachine and Hakider w/Guilty to match the quality and engineering of 01 and Double machine.

Tendou-Kabuto said:
Oh Man!!! Lonnie is a SAINT SEIYA fan!!! ^0^

It's true if you're not big Mecha fan Bandai's offering are prob not your thing. They do have other stuff tho. Of Course My Personal Favorite the Saint Seiya Myth Cloth Line and also What do you think of the SIC and GARO lines?? Also the Hybrid Action DBZ figures?? You aren't collecting Gashapon yet??!!??! LOL

NO! I told myself I wasn't going to get into Gahapon or trading figures! Actually, I drew the cutoff at about 1/8 scale, anything smaller is just too small for me.

I've been eying the Hybrid Action DBZ figures, but except for a rare exception, I am trying to collect "action figures" only in the 1/6 scale; don't really like the smaller scales much. 1/8 and 1/7 is ok for the PVC figures, but on articulated figures, I just think they look too toy like. That's not to say I haven't seen some great looking action figures in the smaller scales, but it is more of a self imposed limitation. You have to cut the collection somewhere to keep it manageable, and for me, that is the smaller scale stuff which just never did anything for me. Probably why I was never interested in the 3 3/4 inch Star Wars and GI Joe figures as well.

lcummins said:
NO! I told myself I wasn't going to get into Gahapon or trading figures! Actually, I drew the cutoff at about 1/8 scale, anything smaller is just too small for me.

I've been eying the Hybrid Action DBZ figures, but except for a rare exception, I am trying to collect "action figures" only in the 1/6 scale; don't really like the smaller scales much. 1/8 and 1/7 is ok for the PVC figures, but on articulated figures, I just think they look too toy like. That's not to say I haven't seen some great looking action figures in the smaller scales, but it is more of a self imposed limitation. You have to cut the collection somewhere to keep it manageable, and for me, that is the smaller scale stuff which just never did anything for me. Probably why I was never interested in the 3 3/4 inch Star Wars and GI Joe figures as well.

Saint Cloth Myth is smaller than 1/6!!!! You've already made an exception Lonnie!!! -_^

Tendou-Kabuto said:
They're not cheap. I dont mind them using the Micros as the articulation is great but the details on the faces leave a lot to be desired. Yamato did a Great job with their Chirico and the Fyana Proto looked great as well. Too bad the Bandai kits wont have poseable figures to pilot them. I dont mind it so much for Gundam because they're much bigger but I've been spoiled with Votoms with the large scales.Bandai's kits will be the most detailed tho.

yeah, that was the magic of yamato's scopedog for me. you have to have a chirico to really appreciat the awesomeness of the 1/12 scopedog. The dog is great on its own, of course, but the moment I got chirico and position him in the ****pit (dude, that sounds so wrong, but how else you gonna say it? :lol )
the pair just made the package complete. too bad that later yamato's offering are so much more pricier than the original scopedog. (especially in japan, cant believe the US release was so much cheaper.) I really hope yamato can continue the line. wish medicom would make a 1/6 chirico though.

Tendou-Kabuto said:
Saint Cloth Myth is smaller than 1/6!!!! You've already made an exception Lonnie!!! -_^

Ah! But I did say except for a "rare exception"! Besides, they were just too cool not to get! :D The only one I actually already have is Saint Cloth Myth Sagittarius, the rest are pre-orders, but based on this one figure, I will most likely get any re-releases they put out and eventually search for previous figures that don't get re-released.

minivader said:
yeah, that was the magic of yamato's scopedog for me. you have to have a chirico to really appreciat the awesomeness of the 1/12 scopedog. The dog is great on its own, of course, but the moment I got chirico and position him in the ****pit (dude, that sounds so wrong, but how else you gonna say it? :lol )
the pair just made the package complete. too bad that later yamato's offering are so much more pricier than the original scopedog. (especially in japan, cant believe the US release was so much cheaper.) I really hope yamato can continue the line. wish medicom would make a 1/6 chirico though.

I totally agree with Chirico making your Scopedog complete. that's what makes the 1/12 Scopedog soar higher than the others. Yeah Yamato's stuff is great If only they popped out stuff much faster and did more character figures like Chirico. I'd be in heaven. And yeah you know how US pricing goes, it's usually always cheaper here if it gets brought over. I think Yamato will continue to bring it over altho it will be in Limited qty like the Garland and other obscure robot stuff.

As for 1/6 Chirico thre is one already but it's not so great and has a really crappy body. A new one would be great and with the new series and Bandai popping out Votoms stuff again I can definetly see a BM Chirico is definetly in the realm of possibility. They have already confirmed the rumor of Code Geass BM with Lelouch and next they will prob confirm the Gundam Rumor for BM with a Char and Kira. Probably a Setsuna too.

Why Not Chiirico?? It may be on the horizon..

OT but I Just got my Metal Spec Votoms Kits in the mail!!!

Last edited:
lcummins said:
Ah! But I did say except for a "rare exception"! Besides, they were just too cool not to get! :D The only one I actually already have is Saint Cloth Myth Sagittarius, the rest are pre-orders, but based on this one figure, I will most likely get any re-releases they put out and eventually search for previous figures that don't get re-released.

I am your man for Saint Seiya!!! Please send me your wants lists!!!! ^0^

I can even deliver to SDCC!!!!

Back