Medicom Mickey!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcummins

Universal MODster
Reaction score
Medicom has a Mickey Mouse vinyl figure coming!!!! Sweet!

060624_10.jpg

https://www.medicomtoy.co.jp/WI/0032.cgi?recno=2360

That's awesome, I wish it were steamboat willy or something. I got my Jedi Mickey so I guess I should be content with that.

student_toe5 said:
looks cool :D not for me though. Will SS distribute it?

Don't know... I'm sure they will distribute the Full Metal figures, but I don't know about Mickey. I would doubt it.

Forgot to ask, does it mention a size? I couldn't get the site to pull up. I have to admit I'm starting to like it as I look at it. I've always loved Mickey so I guess its a weakness, and in retrospect having him in one of his lesser known roles it kinda cool. Can't remember the name of the short though...

Agent0028 said:
Forgot to ask, does it mention a size? I couldn't get the site to pull up. I have to admit I'm starting to like it as I look at it. I've always loved Mickey so I guess its a weakness, and in retrospect having him in one of his lesser known roles it kinda cool. Can't remember the name of the short though...

I'm sure it mentions a size... if you can read Japanese! :lol

Yeah, the site suddenly is unreachable; I'm sure it will be back shortly.

Medicom's vinyl Disney line has been ongoing for at least six years now. The figures vary but average around 9" tall. Mickey has been done several times -- two versions of the Sorcerer's Apprentice, Steamboat Willie, and Mickey's Double (the "pissed-off" Mick). One version was paired with a Minnie figure.

They've also released Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, Pinocchio, Alice, the Mad Hatter, Belle, Beast, Dumbo and Bambi. All beautifully rendered, they way they should have been available in the parks all these years instead of the junk Disneyland sells. Oddly enough, I don't think there's a Donald Duck yet, though some Toy Story figures have been released, including the punk next door who burns toys -- what was his name?

A second Medicom Pinocchio with a cloth outfit and articulated arms and legs and an alternate "twig" nose was also released. I have it; it poses very well.

Now I just need an encouraging price and I could be in trouble. Thanks for the info Gruff, those other mickeys sound pretty awesome, sorry I missed out on them.

Wow! I didn't know Medicom had been doing Disney figures either! Funny I've never seen anything on their site before. GOB, has it been a while since the last release?

student_toe5 said:
looks cool :D not for me though. Will SS distribute it?

Since it's Disney, MR would likely be the stateside distributor if they choose to.

Here's a Michael Crawford review of the Medicom Genie from Aladdin - https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_031605c.htm. Michael mentions that there have been about fifty figures.

I've found a few pix, but Photobucket is acting wierd. I'll try to upload again tonight.

Oh, besides Toy Story Sid, there's Sid's dog, also good kid Andy and the green Army Man, and Roger Rabbit. There was a Plane Crazy Mickey and a Two-Gun Mickey. I may be wrong about there having been a Steamboat Willie. These things come out at around $40, and go up as the editions get sold out.

An artist named Roen designed a Medicom Mickey recreating the cover of the Clash's London Calling, smashing his guitar.

medicom_disney.jpg

I forgot to mention that Medicom also does Tony the Tiger, the Fruit Loops Toucan, Sugar Pops Pete, and the Kellogg's Corn Flakes Rooster. Go figure. (Though if they ever make Speedy Alka-Seltzer I'm in.)

As far as the Disney figures, I find them much more appealing than the Big Figures. Depends how you feel about vinyl, I suppose. These are beautifully executed. I have five: Mickey's Rival Mickey , Peter Pan, Tink, Pinocchio (not the one pictured above), and a special Jiminy that was only offered as a prize and never sold, and I think only 100 made.

Last edited:
I THOUGHT THIS THREAD WAS ABOUT CUSTOM MICKEY DOING A CUSTOM MEDICOM FIGURE...:lol

roenFTP.jpg

A few more samples of Disney by Medicom, as well as the first Fujiko Mine from Lupin III. If you've never seen Fujiko...welcome to anime. Long-running TV series and movies in Japan. This was the nicest of several sculpts, but the figure had only three points of articulation, five if you count the hands which can be removed and therefore rotated but have no hinge. Still nice to look at.

Last edited:
Gruff Old Bear said:
...as well as the first Fujiko Mine from Lupin III. If you've never seen Fujiko...welcome to anime. Long-running TV series and movies in Japan. This was the nicest of several sculpts, but the figure had only three points of articulation, five if you count the hands which can be removed and therefore rotated but have no hinge. Still nice to look at.

But it doesn't really look like Fujiko!!! And the face doesn't look like her either! :rotfl

Gruff Old Bear said:
As far as the Disney figures, I find them much more appealing than the Big Figures. Depends how you feel about vinyl, I suppose. These are beautifully executed.
I suppose I'll get to compare them soon, if this is distributed here I intend to buy it. I ordered Jedi Mickey the other day so I should have it soon. Its amazing, Disney charged me 35 bucks to ship it 1 hour north, and I still haven't gotten it after they charged me on Tuesday!

Back