medicom darth maul pics up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on what accessories the Medi-Maul came with and if it is true that it is SS 1:6 scale... not medi 1:6.5

If it comes with all the same accessories, I would choose Medi. Though in reality I would prolly kit bash the two.

"The real question is if both (SS & Medi Maul) were priced the same ($65), which would you buy? I will admit $150 hurts...."

What I said.....

That's a bad question for me, cuz regardless of price I buy both :) wouldn't be MaulFan if I didn't :D

You are correct to an extent pix. Both figures have the Ray Park head sculpt in a dead state, the Medi figure's iris' being more up into his eyelids gives a menacing look because that's pretty much the only facial expression where humans move their eyes like that, plus the Medi eyes being Crayola shades of red and yellow, which is more film accurrate, where SSC's is more a maroon and gold tone, darkened and greyed like all their eyes, which works ok except on colored eyes. Maul's visage is very expressive through his eyes. Sideshow's Maul has a look fitting for the first half of TPM, and Medi's looks suited for the Duel of the Fates, which is why I'll be getting this piece, not that I feel it's better or anything, but it's different, and I happily collect any worthwhile Maul piece.

I don't know, for the price SSC Maul is as good as it gets and up there with any custom I have, and I have many.

It is nearly perfect and the one I got is pretty BADASS...
DSC026324.jpg

I don't know for the price SSC Maul is as good as any custom I have, and I have many. It is nearly perfect and the one I got is pretty BADASS...

DSC026324.jpg

I agree that SSC Maul is badass, I love it it. I was just trying to state where the differences lay that could be justified in comparrison. I'm a Maul fanatic to the extent you follow Aliens and Terminator, probably more *hides in shame* and I've downloaded and studied tons of pics and things and scrutinized all the various figures and collectibles I've bought relative to him over the years, so I consider myself fairly knowledgable of the character as far as his film time and what not, EU stuff I'm limited. One area where the Medi is more likeable is the coloring of his eyes, they really got the right shades of the colors there, which is important and my whole basis for my repainted SSC Maul I have going; I am changing the tattoos slightly as well, but mainly I wanted to see true, deep red and yellow eyes on Maul like the film, they had a very piercing stare, more than Anakin or Palpatine had with the contacts in.

There is no question that you get more bang for your buck with SS's Maul. It is a GREAT example and SS did an awesome job overall. My point is if money is no object and I could only pick one, I would pick Medi's based on what I see so far.

Like I said, for the money, SSC Maul is the best around and compared to other SSC 12" figures, is one of the very best they ever made IMO.

I'd like to see what MaulFan does with the eyes. My feeling is that if SS Maul eyes, or iris actually, were positioned slightly up that the look of the face would change drasticly.

Probably even match what some people percieve as the more realistic look of Medi's.

why are people surprised by the price tag? every SS medi sw imports are at that price. (exept VCD, of course) the clone trooper, boba, and jango. Why would Maul be any cheaper?

Like I said, for the money, SSC Maul is the best around and compared to other SSC 12" figures, is one of the very best they ever made IMO.

I'll definitely stand behind it as one of the best 1/6 Star Wars, and even of Terminator and LOTR figures that SSC has put out in the last year and a half, and as far as down the pipeline, I only forsee Old Ben to overtake it with me, providing he survives production.

And here's one of the last pics of my repaint in progress.

MFDM7.jpg

why are people surprised by the price tag? every SS medi sw imports are at that price. (exept VCD, of course) the clone trooper, boba, and jango. Why would Maul be any cheaper?

Wasn't Luke around $90? Considering that Jango, Boba, Stromies, and the 2 Vaders are armored and around $150, the price tag for Maul is pretty surprising.

I think most people, and I can agree, feel that those other figures justify their cost in that they have armor and hard plastic elements, where Maul is just a standard figure with clothes and a few accessories, not as complex.

I think most people, and I can agree, feel that those other figures justify their cost in that they have armor and hard plastic elements, where Maul is just a standard figure with clothes and a few accessories, not as complex.

Beat you Sean. ;)

Wasn't Luke around $90? Considering that Jango, Boba, Stromies, and the 2 Vaders are armored and around $150, the price tag for Maul is pretty surprising.

SS didnt import vader, luke, and stormy. These figures' price goes up and down all the time. What SS does import have always been set at 150 as I recall.

I'm bummed because I really thought the price was gonna be $89.99 or thereabouts.

$150 is a stunningly lame price that I doubt even the Medicommies can explain away (no, check that... they'll still try).

There was no way on earth this was ever gonna be $90. This is Medicom. A great figure but I'll only get it if I see one for $100 down the line.... think I'll be in for a bit of a wait.

There was no way on earth this was ever gonna be $90. This is Medicom. A great figure but I'll only get it if I see one for $100 down the line.... think I'll be in for a bit of a wait.

Haven't you seen the prices for their Marvel stuff? How was it not ever going to be $90? That's all it's worth.

Boba and Jango are both worth $150. Maul is not.

SS didnt import vader, luke, and stormy. These figures' price goes up and down all the time. What SS does import have always been set at 150 as I recall.

Yes, but every import has been armor. Again, people have come to expect the $150 as a reflection of what goes into the figure, not import fees, and looking at what goes into SSC past 1/6 Medi imports versus Maul, $150 for him seems a bit crazy, but that's driven more so by Medicom's charge to SSC.

Well, for the money, here's what I would do. With Med Maul @ 150 (a great fig but overpriced for a non-armored fig IMO)... I would have Hurricane mod a state of the art cordless cathode light sabre on your SSC Maul, you'd have a kick ass light up sabre fig for around the same price or maybe even less as the Med.

Plus, I just don't dig the look of those cut joint necks on the Med figs although the HS and paint apps look killer.

If money is no object, light up your Med!

Last edited:
Back