Medicom Rocketeer 2.5 (1/6th Scale Figure)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Rocketeer V2 1/6 Scale Figure

I don't like the color of the new helmet.

Re: Medicom Rocketeer V2 1/6 Scale Figure

the gum was on the rocket pack on the previous version.

I used the Hot Toys True Type for the body on my V.2 and it works fine. Originally I was using a bb1 3.5 but the chest is too large and the jacket never looked right. The HT is also a bit taller which suited the figure and the sleeves on the V.2 jacket are slightly longer than the original. The slim shoulder/chest might be even better.
As far as the trousers go, in the movie he certainly appears to be wearing US cavalry britches which are a whole lot "poofier" than the trousers with V1, V2, or it would appear, the new guy. I switched over to the DML Patton trousers. A friend of mine showed a picture here a while back of his modded Rocketeer with some of those changes. I think they make a significant improvement without a lot of effort.
I'm not really crazy about the overall look of the new jacket. It just seems a tad plasticy, but might just be the pictures. Either way, it's nice to see the Rocketeer reoffered, even if I was hoping for a Hot Toys version now that they do Disney licenses.

I might try the narrow shoulder TT with this guy. I didn't think the outfit would even come close to fitting on a TT.

I might try the narrow shoulder TT with this guy. I didn't think the outfit would even come close to fitting on a TT.

well according to

I used the Hot Toys True Type for the body on my V.2 and it works fine. Originally I was using a bb1 3.5 but the chest is too large and the jacket never looked right. The HT is also a bit taller which suited the figure and the sleeves on the V.2 jacket are slightly longer than the original. The slim shoulder/chest might be even better.
As far as the trousers go, in the movie he certainly appears to be wearing US cavalry britches which are a whole lot "poofier" than the trousers with V1, V2, or it would appear, the new guy. I switched over to the DML Patton trousers. A friend of mine showed a picture here a while back of his modded Rocketeer with some of those changes. I think they make a significant improvement without a lot of effort.
I'm not really crazy about the overall look of the new jacket. It just seems a tad plasticy, but might just be the pictures. Either way, it's nice to see the Rocketeer reoffered, even if I was hoping for a Hot Toys version now that they do Disney licenses.

a regular truetype worked just fine. Can you post pics of your Rocketeer on a truetype for us?

well according to

a regular truetype worked just fine. Can you post pics of your Rocketeer on a truetype for us?
Yup, probably. Give me the weekend. I'm a picture hosting spaz and I impose on friends to actually post the pictures, so I don't do it a lot.
And it does work fine. Even the bbi worked, which has a heavier chest, arms and legs. It was just a tad snug on the bbi 3.5 figure and looks much better on the HT which is a taller, slimmer body.
I'm curious about a new type Medicom body that's been mentioned. Might not need to make a base body change on the V2.5 Rocketeer. That would be a big plus as a reason to pick one up.
And for clarification, it's a V.2 jacket that I used. The original jacket is slightly smaller. I do have both. The sleaves would be too short for anything but the Medicom body if using the original.

Yup, probably. Give me the weekend. I'm a picture hosting spaz and I impose on friends to actually post the pictures, so I don't do it a lot.
And it does work fine. Even the bbi worked, which has a heavier chest, arms and legs. It was just a tad snug on the bbi 3.5 figure and looks much better on the HT which is a taller, slimmer body.
I'm curious about a new type Medicom body that's been mentioned. Might not need to make a base body change on the V2.5 Rocketeer. That would be a big plus as a reason to pick one up.
And for clarification, it's a V.2 jacket that I used. The original jacket is slightly smaller. I do have both. The sleaves would be too short for anything but the Medicom body if using the original.

Planning the new-style truetype for him regardless, it's ROUGHLY the same size as a medi-body from what i can tell.

Here are some pictures of the Rocketeer on a True type body.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

The small guy is the Medicom Rocketeer with no adjustments or changes.

Now here's some other stuff just for fun:

005.jpg

006.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

Sorry to go off topic with those pictures. Couldn't think of where else to post them.

I still can't believe it took Medicom 3 tries to get this right

actually as far as I'm concerned it only took 2 and they did 3rd attempt to cash in on the sold out 2nd one. Whats so much better about the 3rd one? The helmet looks like a worse color and the only difference is the buttons on his coat.

I still want one but it's not a must have. Looks better on the TT.

Here are some pictures of the Rocketeer on a True type body.

003.jpg

So what's your recipe for the True Type swap? Did you take the helmet off and put it on a TT head? What pants and boots did you use for the TT body?

So what's your recipe for the True Type swap? Did you take the helmet off and put it on a TT head? What pants and boots did you use for the TT body?

The pants & boots appear to be from Dragon's General Patton figure. Very nice. So no adjustment needed to the jacket? Cool.

Eric

Back