Medicom Rocketeer 2.5 (1/6th Scale Figure)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Rocketeer 2.5?!

no way it would fit the clothes, unfortunately, unles you could get one of those newer slim true-types however

True, true. Then that will be the body to get.

By the way, does anyone know what, if anything has been updated/added to make it the 2.5 version? Or is it simply another release which warrants a new version number?

I know that there were a few tiny updates done to version 2.0 (gum stuck to back of tank, for example.) But I can't see what is different with this version.

Hey just a quick heads up, but IDW comics is putting together an all inclusive hardcover reprint of the entire run of the Rocketeer. It will be out around the same time as this figure (4th quarter)

If you liked the underrated movie you'll love the comic...worth a look...

How awesome will the go hero serial heroes (Buck Rodgers, Flash Gordon, Commander Cody...) look next to this guy? Pretty darn awesome I think...

Last edited:

By the way, does anyone know what, if anything has been updated/added to make it the 2.5 version? Or is it simply another release which warrants a new version number?

I know that there were a few tiny updates done to version 2.0 (gum stuck to back of tank, for example.) But I can't see what is different with this version.

the changes I can see is on the jacket, they have smaller buttons compare to v2. And it does seem to fit slightly better, less bulky than V2. There also seems to be changes with the boot as well, but its harder to tell without doing a side by side comparo. The rest seems to be the same, maybe the pants have better tailoring but that can just be because its futzed for the promo shot.

BTW, I think the big change done on V2 is the base body. V1 used the older RAH 300 and V2 uses RAH 301

They changed the buttons on the jacket, and it's hard to tell but I can't imagine buttons that small can be opened. They probably added snaps under the front flap, and if that is the case, I think this is a step backward for this figure. On the original two releases, you could open the flap for a cool display option. The jacket was partially unbuttoned through quite a bit of the movie.

If I were all of you who want one of these, I would start watching ebay right now for the original two releases. The price should temporarily drop because of this announcement, and may go back up later once this figure is released. All it takes is a few bad reviews and the original becomes the hot commodity again. Just a friendly bit of advice.

The original ones value dropped like a rock after the V2 came out.

I like the smaller buttons on the 2.5 better. The only time he unbuttoned it was when he was on the ground with his helmet off, if I remember right. So you really wouldn't be displaying this one like that unless he came with a head sculpt.

Good point. That would have definitely been cool.

I ordered one but am thinking of getting a TT body for it. Campbell is a tall guy and that Medicom shrimp body just ain't gonna cut it.

ok.. after last night, I'm, done with medicrap bodies. I picked up my Spiderman Red and blue comic version, and found that fro the act of just sitting on the shelf, his shoulders has broken AGAIN. looking into swappong him over to a truetype, OR replacing his shoulders with hot toys ones... either way necesitates buying an extra truetype....
perhaps I'll swap his ars overto a truetype.. i kind like how the suuit looks on a hat toys body.. and after that, I'm kinda paranoid about getting any more medicom figures, this included now.....

But damnit.... it's the rocketeer......

Just guessing, I'll wager his hands might be the new style of medicom hands as well.

Thanks for the great info, everyone!!

I think we may be seeing a commission for a Bruce Campbell headsculpt... ;)

Lerath666, sorry to hear about the Medi-woes...

I'll definitely look into that hardcover, Fel9!

Thanks for the great info, everyone!!

I think we may be seeing a commission for a Bruce Campbell headsculpt... ;)

Lerath666, sorry to hear about the Medi-woes...

I'll definitely look into that hardcover, Fel9!

Not to be a total nerd, but that's BILL Campbell! Bruce would have made it a wholly different movie!

I dont have my version 2 anymore and I always kinda regretted selling him. Now I get a chance to mend that loss. :D

Hopefully the final product would look like the proto, I can see minute improvements here and there versus v 2.0

I wonder who got your kickass figure? They kickass for owning him.. and well rumor has it they are very good looking and super smart.

I've had the V2, but I like the size of the buttons on the V2.5. The buttons always seemed to bother me with how big they look, so I'm looking forward to the new one.

Medicom Rocketeer V2 1/6 Scale Figure

Does anyone have this guy on preorder?

900382.jpg

Rocketeer5_ver2-5_4thQ2009_medciom_.jpg

medicom_rocketeer.jpg

The improvements/updates are as follows:

-What appears to be a more accurate jacket
-new body with improved articulation
-new head I believe
-Mauser Pistol
-newly sculpted gloved hands(one made to hold the gun)
-gum added to rocketpack
-new box

Apologies if this thread already exists, I didn't see one.

Back