Medicom Real Action Heroes Skyward Sword Link

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not feeling it... the proto looked very nice, but the final product (at least from what I'm seeing so far) looks very cheap. The tunic is a big factor, but even the paint work looks poor.

I got mine yesterday. I was shocked at how fast it came. For the most part it's a great figure. I'm a little disappointed in the flannel material they used for the tunic but the pictures I've seen don't really do it justice. It's not as good as the prototype but it's still good quality. I'll try to post some pictures if I can. If you want any closeups of anything specific let me know. I'm impressed with the stand as it isn't like the Medicom stands I've seen before. The part that attaches to the figure is a claw that you can close around the figure rather than a C shape that just hugs the torso. His chain-mail looks pretty cool too.

Just got mine and the materials are a non issue now that it is on hand. The shirt looks bad and rough on pictures but it actually has a very nice feel to it.

The chainmail is actually rubber and done in sections to avoid restriction. The pants and shirt feel like good materials. The neck from the shirt can be posed! Happy and proud of my purchase. The figure feels very sturdy as well. Definately recommend.

I am thinking of getting another one.

£125 I think with EMS shipping

£189 for mine in total. I pre-ordered from a UK stockist as I wasn't 100% sure about the postage from Japan, in particular if they would insure it and for how much. That, of course, can affect the final customs charge. In the end, I decided £189 was better than the possibility of getting hit with a ferocious bill. £39 isn't bad. Oh well, live and learn.

£189 for mine in total. I pre-ordered from a UK stockist as I wasn't 100% sure about the postage from Japan, in particular if they would insure it and for how much. That, of course, can affect the final customs charge. In the end, I decided £189 was better than the possibility of getting hit with a ferocious bill. £39 isn't bad. Oh well, live and learn.

I didn't know either, I was just testing the water for future purchases

All in I think the figure was around £100, shipping £25 and then £38 customs so £163 all in, not too bad considering

It was held in customs for 3 days as well though. It's being delivered tomorrow

read that the final material was chosen by the licensor..so if there's any complaint, blame Nintendo. lol.

can somebody take pics of link with his shirt off? i want to see how the chainmail looks like. and also, how does his hat attach to his head?

My random snaps of today. Love this figure enough to want to buy another :)
10170858_10152119299578565_505639526_n.jpg

10154924_10152119302038565_1665677599_n.jpg

1978743_10152119301823565_1489422702_n.jpg

1947611_10152119344663565_1261376415_n.jpg

The figure looks fantastic. I'm glad that Medicom went with the "video game" look in terms of the tailoring - and not something too realistic like what you'd find from Hot Toys.

I'll have to pick this up on Ebay when I get the chance.

The more i play around with this figure and all the posing possibilities he presents with his swap out eyes and face, the more I realize...this is a cool ****ing toy :lol

Same.

Just had a few minutes to play around with mine tonight. I don't give a crap about the bow or the beetle, I don't know what that stuff is. But it's just a cool figure. The Master Sword is ridiculous huge though, I'm gonna see if I can make a cast of my old Master Replicas Sword, cuz it's much shorter and I think more realistic. It's funny, the MR Shield is bigger, and the sword is smaller. I guess it's based on Twilight Princess, so maybe the proportions were different in that game. The set is supposed to be 1/6, and it looks right to me. The Medi-sword is so long is makes his wrist droopy, he can't hold it firmly because it make the wrist joint rotate.

Ironically enough, I was hoping he'd be shorter though. He's almost the same size as my HT Slim bodied figures. Obviously his cartoony appearance doesn't fit with anything else in my collection, but I'm just pleased as punch to have a Link figure.

s4712u.jpg

I ordered mine from Ami Ami. Was really looking forward to this figure and well...... I'm totally having a blast posing this thing!

I don't mind the the whole fabric issue; it's pretty much the same as what's on the box cover. I'm more impressed that the chain mail is actually textured instead of a printed shirt:yess:

Now I'm Gonna hunt for a 1/6 scaled horse/Epona for this guy!

Just a few quick poses......
35lyjo5.jpg
2qimfr5.jpg
2iu6il3.jpg
xbwrcn.jpg
muyavp.jpg
2qvh6hc.jpg
2rrb577.jpg
2ynhxrn.jpg
28btwky.jpg

Video Game theme......

2lkvbs1.jpg

Last edited:
Those photos make the tunic look completely fine, even a better tone of green

I'm glad the pose with the master sword in the air can be held, was how I wanted to pose mine

Thanks for the photos

Just got mine delivered and looking at it through the box, i can safely say the Tunic is fine, actually looks pretty good despite the fabric change

I'd maybe go as far as to say it's not even 'cheap' looking, the green is not as bright as is pretty much the same colour as TK0083's photos.

Back