Medicom Real Action Heroes Skyward Sword Link

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering the figma Link got cancelled for domestic distribution, why would this be any different?

Considering the figma Link got cancelled for domestic distribution, why would this be any different?

I don't know the history of domestic releases for the RAH figures, except when I was looking to buy a mgs3 snake. I think high profile ones make it to the us and Canada no?

I think it depends on the license. For instance the d-arts Pokemon figures won't be brought over because another company has the Pokemon license domestically. I know Diamond distributors solicited the figma link and samus domestically without securing the rights and were denied, presumably by Nintendo. After that happened both were next to impossible to find. Who knows, though, this might be expensive enough that it doesn't interfere with other license holders.

I think it depends on the license. For instance the d-arts Pokemon figures won't be brought over because another company has the Pokemon license domestically. I know Diamond distributors solicited the figma link and samus domestically without securing the rights and were denied, presumably by Nintendo. After that happened both were next to impossible to find. Who knows, though, this might be expensive enough that it doesn't interfere with other license holders.

Umm... so you're saying BBTS wont be able to sell the D-Arts Pokemon?

No I'm saying that bluefin wont be able to distribute domestically so bbts will have to import directly and mark up appropriately. That's why the prices are higher than when bluefin imports bandai stuff directly and places like amazon and bbts can sell them for cheaper (like the dragonball figuarts or mega man d-arts)

No I'm saying that bluefin wont be able to distribute domestically so bbts will have to import directly and mark up appropriately. That's why the prices are higher than when bluefin imports bandai stuff directly and places like amazon and bbts can sell them for cheaper (like the dragonball figuarts or mega man d-arts)

No it's because BBTS tries to scam its customers, thinking they have no idea that all the major Japanese online figure retailers have gone international. Seriously the prices BBTS charge for most of their Japanese stuff is absolutely absurd. Just get Link from AmiAmi. You'll pay probably $200 shipped, maybe less. Plus you get it ASAP. You won't get it faster than through AmiAmi.

Scam is a pretty harsh word. They're providing a service to people. Some may not want to deal with an international company. Also, although amiami has great prices for most popular items you have to stay up until really late at night to nab them, and once you order you can't cancel without being penalized. The yen Exchange rate is variable and shipping is largely Unpredictable. BBTS is taking a risk especially when they allow you to cancel preorders at any time.

Like everything shop around. my original point when bringing this up was don't expect to get it for much cheaper than amiami if you're on the fence. Maybe it gets a cheaper domestic distribution but maybe not.

OT, but I don't believe BBTS is deliberately "scamming" anyone. They have their own added expenses to import these items, and I am pretty confident they do not get the kind of retailer discounts that amiami does.

Back