Medicom RAH Jango Fett!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jedi_Mike said:
HeeHeeHee....thanks, its my first individually created sig and I'm pretty proud of it. :D

It's trouble though, just makes you wanna rip the jeans down and, well you guys are smart you can fill in the rest.

Just too cool i'll be back later otherwise i'll stare at it all day.

Medicom!!!:drool :rock2

Great comparison shot Amanaman--- but I don't think you'll need to do any convincing of anyone here on this thread--- this looks like a homerun!

Once again Medicom shows how quality 1/6 Star Wars figures should be made with yet another superbly crafted offering that by comparison makes the latest 2 Sideshow 1/6 figures (and the majority of the previous ones) look like they came from a dollar store. Medicom clearly listened to the flak they got for the Jedi Luke sculpt and for perhaps the first time have 100% nailed an actor's likeness with a wonderful looking sculpt of Temuera Morrison. The removable helmet issue that Sideshow insist is so difficult to do appears to have been pulled off with the same aplomb as with the 2 Darth Vader figures and the overall detail is phenomenal. When Medicom are consistently delivering such quality armored figures there's little incentive to wait for the Sideshow versions and now that they have shown that great human likenesses are not beyond them we will hopefully see more non armored characters like Han Solo,Obi-Wan and Darth Maul in the future.

bcm77 said:
Once again Medicom shows how quality 1/6 Star Wars figures should be made with yet another superbly crafted offering that by comparison makes the latest 2 Sideshow 1/6 figures look like they came from a dollar store.
That sentence is sure to get you on an Ignore List or two.

:lol

IrishJedi said:

Speaking from experience? :lol

(Lando shall smite you with coolness when you least expect it)

IrishJedi said:

Then I'll jump on that Ignore List too because I absolutely agree. Medicom is really putting Sideshow to shame, and it's really hard to take them seriously with the whole "it's too hard to make a removable helmet in scale" line. It's clearly not a problem for other companies.

I have Boba on order through a comic shop friend with overseas contacts, and I've already e-mailed him with my intention to get in on Jango Fett too if the same deal is available. Most of my collecting dollars this year are going to Medicom.

Oh well...guess Sideshow stuff will have to take a back seat unless they start pumping out equal or better quality at a better price.

That being said, I'm still eager for Ventress and my 1:2 scale Endoarm this year. :D

Amanaman said:
The toy
jango3.jpg

The real one
jango_fett_6.jpg

The figure looks even better than the real thing! :monkey4

You took the words right out of my mouth. It really is that good. And as for the headsculpt..... the best 12" Ive seen..... even better than SS Obi Wan and Maul. When you consider how poor Jedi Luke was, Medicom has come a long way on it's human likeness. I'd love to know who sculpted it.
I agree with Seth that Cody is a logical next choice. We have the armour and now the headsculpt. All they need is a new helmet and backpack. Bring it on.

Remember this figure will cost about twice what a SSC SW figure costs.

It does look nice, but we don't know that the helmet is removeable - there could be swappable heads.

Maybe Medi is now hiring SSC sculptors for their likenesses?

Darklord Dave said:
True, but do you think SSC will "only" be charging $60-$70 for Jango Fett when/if they finally get around to making him? I mean, the ERTs are $60 a piece for crying out loud.

A SSC Fett will cost no less than $90 (and that means cutting corners)

If it were to be any where near Medi's league, it would be very close to $150.

Darklord Dave said:

It does look nice, but we don't know that the helmet is removeable - there could be swappable heads.

I'm betting on 1 head with a helmet, not 2, that's Medis style.

The cost, $150 shipped, so what it's worth it! If you're gonna be a cheapo, wait and look, you'll get 1 for $100 if you're patient (I got all ym Medis $100 or less, Vader and Stormy included.) Besides, it's friggin $70 shipped now for unarmored SS characters, that's not a steal either.

As far as sculpt, we've seen the progression. From Luke (meh) to Superman (not as meh, still meh) to Wolverine (nice!) and Jack Sparrow (complexion aside.) Their progress on their weak points show. We can see the quality improve more and more, almost with every new release it's up a step.

I have to agree. Medi's likeness styling is getting better and better....it makes me want a MediCom Jedi Luke V2 to see what they could do with that now....

The real question is, would Darklord Dave buy a Medi- version of his own alterego? :naughty

Just logged on and saw these pics. This Jango looks incredible. I thihk I'll definitely be picking it up.

Jedi_Mike said:
I have to agree. Medi's likeness styling is getting better and better....it makes me want a MediCom Jedi Luke V2 to see what they could do with that now....

Me too! At least a Bespin Luke, that'd justify a new sculpt for sure! I'd buy 2 and slap one in a Jedi outfit.

Looks pretty good, I'll grab him since Jango > Boba. Guess we will see a RotJ Boba soon?

And for those slamming SS, for 150 he damn sure better be nicer than a 60 dollar figure.

Darklord Dave said:

I've no doubt the Medi Jango will be $150 and that may seem expensive but SSC has yet to deliver any armoured figures so you can't really compare the prices to SSC figures until they do an armoured version of something and we see what they charge.

Besides which SW fans never seem to have a problem weighing out the cash, look at the way the PF's sell out and they're a really expensive line to collect.

I don't know who my alterego is - but I have all the Medi SW figures - including the less than stellar Luke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back