Medicom RAH Boba Fett review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I mentioned in my last update that I was planning on reviewing the Medicom Boba Fett on Tuesday night, but the FedEx guy hadn't made it quite yet. He did…but at 9:30pm. I didn't even realize they ran that late! So tonight I have my review up of this much anticipated sixth scale Star Wars figure. I really, really hoped he'd be a four star figure, and in some categories he definitely is. But there's still some minor issues that add up to enough of a problem to hold him back from the total glory in the overall. I'm happy with thim though, and if you have the cash he's a nice addition to the Fett shelf. You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend!

Michael
MWC

Nice review Michael, good to see a thorough review of this figure on your site; the guest review was nice but it felt rushed or something. I don't agree on the helmet being too large, I think it's just fine; my only issue in the head area is that the neck could be about an 1/8 of an inch taller since the armor and outfit take away some of it's length and the proto had a nice ammount of neck present.

You aren't kidding when you say the heads pops on and off easily. I've had a hell of a time keeping it on just with normal posing. It actually popped off a couple of times and dropped to the floor, luckily that little antenna turned out to be pretty sturdy.

Nice review. I'm still waiting for my Fett, so I can't tell from an 'in hand' point of view, but I agree with MaulFan about the size of the helmet: It looks right to me.
I'm glad you pointed out the $$ issue with this Medicom figure. $150 is clearly over-priced, even if this Fett is a hell of a figure. Some of the other Medicom figures Sideshow offers, suffer from the same illness: to expensive. And on top of that, Medicom has some quality issues too.
But who ever gets to be Sideshows new playfellow/playmate, Medicom or Hot Toys, I seriously hope they adjust the prices to a more bearable level; 'cause it's like you said: most collectors don't have unlimited funds, and every purchase takes a chunk of the budget.

Good review.

And velcro should not be used on a $150 figure.

As for merger, you know it will Sideshow and Hot Toys.

Good thorough review Mr. Crawford...

You've definately convinced me that this is NOT a $150 figure...I'll pass.

review_medicombfett_11.jpg

:rock :rock :rock :rock

That review sucks!!

Why, because it was objective and critical and without any bias whatsoever?

The review is favorable to the figure, but raises concerns and issues that do come with the package. It's very helpful for someone on the fence about this figure.

I thought it was a good review. And I agree it's a great figure but after shipping and everything it cost $170 and change. I'm not sure any figure is worth that much. Not even Patient Zero.:monkey3

I'm gonna think long and hard about keeping Jango.

I'll keep him:monkey1

Great review... I have 2 of the Medicom SW figures and while I like them I have a hard time going full into this line. The small stature and price are just to prohibitive, especially when I have Sideshow waiting in the wings.

You are probably right about the SS and HT merger... they are already working on bodies together so its not too far off to imagine them combining forces.

Very interesting review. Especially at the beginning with his thoughts on a probable merger between HT and SS. Not sure if I would be in favor of this. Would have to see the collabrative product to decided for sure. As for the Medi Fett, after seeing the pictures in hand. I am glad I passed on this guy. Still very happy with my custom Boba from the OTC 12inch fett. :chew

Resizeof100_4230.jpg

If you actually had it in hand you would not want to sit it down.This figure is the best Star Wars collectible I have ever purchased. IMHO,which is all that matters to me,this figure gets *****.........

I think it's a good review as always Mike, but I totally disagree with the helmet size issue. I just don't see it. For a relatively mass marketed figure the detail is quite nice and I for one am blown away by the attention to detail. Pretty nice for the $124 + tax I spent on him. My only critique Mike would be to take pictures like MistaCarrot, give the figure a movie type feel to it. And am I the only one here who doesn't like Highlander? :monkey1

Oh Chavez is just seeking attention. Pay no attention.

Gotta admit, he does make a nice display unit.

As for Mike, that guy is the reason why I got into certain collectibles.

And thanks to him, why I wouldn't touch certain pieces with a 9 inch pole.

Back