Medicom RAH Boba Fett review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mike, really enjoyed the review, but made me realise what I'm missing out on, gotta prioritise, but it's hard when it's the FETT.

Sorry MC, you are usually on point, and I regard your reviews with great respect, but I strongly disagree on the helmet issue.

I would say the helmet is < 3% too big, not remotely close to 20%.

Skinny legs issue is also debatable.

Observe my comparison:

pahicaabe.jpg

In addition, your review missed the problem area which bugs me most- the exposed velcro where the neck armor meets the clothing. It can actually be seen in yours and many others' photos.

Otherwise good review. I agree on the price point being too high.
fettesb.gif

I am very pleased with my purchase.

my boba fett arrived and i think it was worth the price. i am now waiting for jango to come. i never thought about standing him near jabba the hutt. so i will do that.

is 150 too high for it? Yes. But I got mine yesterday and it blows away any Fett figure I've ever owned. Sure 150 is a lot but in a few weeks from now I'll forget how much it costs and just Enjoy the awesome figure.

Why, because it was objective and critical and without any bias whatsoever?

The review is favorable to the figure, but raises concerns and issues that do come with the package. It's very helpful for someone on the fence about this figure.

Without any bias!! The guy kept comparing with Sideshow,Hot Toys and prices and sh%#.Yeah it was a good review up until he started sounding like an SS,HT superfan.Don't get me wrong, I'm fan of both those companies too but I don't compare two companies by price unless the price is really outrageous,and $150 for Medicom Boba is not outrageous.If this whole price issue is the only complaint people have for why they can't justify picking up Medi Fett then that just doesn't sound like much of a compaint too me.come back to me when the head is too big or the body & joints are loose,oversized footwear, big hands and puffy clothing,and I'm not talking about HT.

I'm also not bias when it comes to collecting I like SS,HT, and Medicom all of wich have their pluses but I don't grade art on price.Medicom Fett is a masterpice in my mind and doesn't need to be graded by price.This whole $150 for a Medi figure is a non issue for me.

Without any bias!! The guy kept comparing with Sideshow,Hot Toys and prices and sh%#.Yeah it was a good review up until he started sounding like an SS,HT superfan.Don't get me wrong, I'm fan of both those companies too but I don't compare two companies by price unless the price is really outrageous,and $150 for Medicom Boba is not outrageous.If this whole price issue is the only complaint people have for why they can't justify picking up Medi Fett then that just doesn't sound like much of a complaint too me.come back to me when the head is too big or the body & joints are loose,over sized footwear, big hands and puffy clothing,and I'm not talking about HT.

I'm also not bias when it comes to collecting I like SS,HT, and Medicom all of which have their pluses but I don't grade art on price.Medicom Fett is a masterpiece in my mind and doesn't need to be graded by price.This whole $150 for a Medi figure is a non issue for me.

That is actually why I enjoy Michael's reviews. He doesn't just review a figure, but he reviews them in context of whats going on in the entire field of 1:6 collectibles.

Nice review MC. :rock

ps chavez, you can thank me for spell checking your post. ;)

That is actually why I enjoy Michael's reviews. He doesn't just review a figure, but he reviews them in context of whats going on in the entire field of 1:6 collectibles.

Nice review MC. :rock

ps chavez, you can thank me for spell checking your post. ;)

Uh... gee.. thanks buddy.:rolleyes:

...My only critique Mike would be to take pictures like MistaCarrot, give the figure a movie type feel to it. And am I the only one here who doesn't like Highlander? :monkey1

He does that for size comparison, NICKTO.

Without any bias!! The guy kept comparing with Sideshow,Hot Toys and prices and sh%#.Yeah it was a good review up until he started sounding like an SS,HT superfan.Don't get me wrong, I'm fan of both those companies too but I don't compare two companies by price unless the price is really outrageous,and $150 for Medicom Boba is not outrageous.If this whole price issue is the only complaint people have for why they can't justify picking up Medi Fett then that just doesn't sound like much of a compaint too me.come back to me when the head is too big or the body & joints are loose,oversized footwear, big hands and puffy clothing,and I'm not talking about HT.

I'm also not bias when it comes to collecting I like SS,HT, and Medicom all of wich have their pluses but I don't grade art on price.Medicom Fett is a masterpice in my mind and doesn't need to be graded by price.This whole $150 for a Medi figure is a non issue for me.

How is comparison bias?

This was an impartial review that took an overview of the 3 biggest players in the 1/6 market and discussed 1/6 collecting and how everything plays into things with quality and availability and price point. It reviewed Boba as a figure, and with any figure, it looks at what you get versus what it costs. Cost is a big concern for collectors and it's critical to address. Not to mention, the site is about informing consumers in it's review, and it'd be pointless not to review it from a budgetary standpoint.

This review basically says, if you like Fett, the figure is a fantastic piece; if you have a budget, this figure may leave you feeling you didn't get your money's worth.

Nickto and Madcow are now enemies of the Krusade... carry on.

And if you don't think $150 is a lot of a figure than please buy me one :lol As this debate has raged a number of times, it always comes down to price being relative. Its all about what you think something is worth.

However, it is true that in the current market $150 is a high price point for a 1/6 figure. So thats important to mention, especially for those new to the habit.

And of course nobody is w/o bias, but I do believe (my own bias :lol) that Michael's reviews are usually very even,and to me, reliable.

How is comparison bias?

This was an impartial review that took an overview of the 3 biggest players in the 1/6 market and discussed 1/6 collecting and how everything plays into things with quality and availability and price point. It reviewed Boba as a figure, and with any figure, it looks at what you get versus what it costs. Cost is a big concern for collectors and it's critical to address. Not to mention, the site is about informing consumers in it's review, and it'd be pointless not to review it from a budgetary standpoint.

This review basically says, if you like Fett, the figure is a fantastic piece; if you have a budget, this figure may leave you feeling you didn't get your money's worth.

Sure that's all fine by me but I still think $150 for Medi Fett is worth every penny,and I'd bet collectors wished some of these other companies out there would put more time and money into there 12" figure's then what we've been seeing,ofcourse then the prices would go up like with Medicom.

well, I guess one coud say the final thought on the review is a bit bias.

But it was the price tag that kept him down just enough. Check out the kind of quality we're getting from Hot Toys these days, often $30 or so less than this. Fett isn't a terrible value - he's a HELL of a figure. But I can't quite give him the full score considering his price combined with the handful of minor issues.

that statement might seems totally logical and fair, but if you really think about it. Ht doesn't have the SW license, and they dont make a boba fett. who's to say how much a HT boba fett might cost and what kinda quality it would have?

well, I guess one coud say the final thought on the review is a bit bias.

But it was the price tag that kept him down just enough. Check out the kind of quality we're getting from Hot Toys these days, often $30 or so less than this. Fett isn't a terrible value - he's a HELL of a figure. But I can't quite give him the full score considering his price combined with the handful of minor issues.

that statement might seems totally logical and fair, but if you really think about it. Ht doesn't have the SW license, and they dont make a boba fett. who's to say how much a HT boba fett might cost and what kinda quality it would have?

Yeah an HT Fett would cost the same or higher($200).

I don't think the collaboration with SS & HT is going to bring us anything over a $100 dollar figure because SS just doesn't believe in anything over a $100 price point.We'll most likely see a subtle collaboration between the two companies.

I don't think the collaboration with SS & HT is going to bring us anything over a $100 dollar figure because SS just doesn't believe in anything over a $100 price point.We'll most likely see a subtle collaboration between the two companies.

That I completely agree with. I think a merger between the two companies is highly unlikely.

I usually like Mike's reviews. I tend to like them in some ways more than my own. We all have our own bias going on in these reviews that we do. Though, I do find it funny that some of the Medicom fans are getting so pissy their figure didn't get a 10/10 basically.

I also think we will really like what SS and HT come up with.

He said hissy fit... :lol

Yes, I did. I suppose I could've said childish outburst, but hissy fit seemed more fitting.

Sure that's all fine by me but I still think $150 for Medi Fett is worth every penny,and I'd bet collectors wished some of these other companies out there would put more time and money into there 12" figure's then what we've been seeing,ofcourse then the prices would go up like with Medicom.

See, now why didn't you just say that in the first place? I guess "That review sucks!!" was just easier to type.

Back