Medicom RAH Boba Fett review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I did. I suppose I could've said childish outburst, but hissy fit seemed more fitting.

See, now why didn't you just say that in the first place? I guess "That review sucks!!" was just easier to type.

:lol:lol:lol

(that was easier to type too!)

Sure that's all fine by me but I still think $150 for Medi Fett is worth every penny,and I'd bet collectors wished some of these other companies out there would put more time and money into there 12" figure's then what we've been seeing,ofcourse then the prices would go up like with Medicom.

I'm one of the many collectors that feels that Sideshow's pricing is already getting too high, so when it comes to Medicom's $150.00 for a Fett action figure, I find that price point ridiculous.

Let's put it another way. Let's compare SS and Medicom's Darth Maul figures. SS's brought a great looking figure and a ton of accessories (exclusive version). Medicom's brought a great looking too-short figure with significantly less accessories. Aside from that, the other major differences were in the boots, the headsculpts and the nude bodies used. In my opinion, those differences alone didn't justify the doubled price tag.

But Medicom provides an alternative product and I'm all for that. Competition helps us in the end.

I'm one of the many collectors that feels that Sideshow's pricing is already getting too high, so when it comes to Medicom's $150.00 for a Fett action figure, I find that price point ridiculous.

Let's put it another way. Let's compare SS and Medicom's Darth Maul figures. SS's brought a great looking figure and a ton of accessories (exclusive version). Medicom's brought a great looking too-short figure with significantly less accessories. Aside from that, the other major differences were in the boots, the headsculpts and the nude bodies used. In my opinion, those differences alone didn't justify the doubled price tag.

But Medicom provides an alternative product and I'm all for that. Competition helps us in the end.

Yeah man,you might be right about the doubled price tag but Im not an expert on what really goes into a making 12" figure's.What I do know is that Medicom has got a real good line of 12" figure's with excellent quality and I would rather spend the extra money to get a better product then to buy an inferior one just to save some cash.

Yes, I did. I suppose I could've said childish outburst, but hissy fit seemed more fitting.

See, now why didn't you just say that in the first place? I guess "That review sucks!!" was just easier to type.

Yes it was late and I was just about to sign off when I typed it.:lol

I've got to chime in here for a second on this whole price issue thing:

I've had Fett for almost a week now and I love this figure, but there is no way that the price is justified for him, sorry but it just isn't. And it is not because I'm a Sideshow superfan, or because I'm cheap, or because I don't understand quality, or any other excuse that people can come up with to justify this figure being the second coming of all that is holy. It's simply because in the grand scheme of things a hundred and fifty bucks is a lot of money for a toy doll; any toy doll.

That said, the figure rocks and now that he's in my possession he isn't going anywhere. But I wouldn't pay $150 for any other Medi figure out there. $100 - $120 maybe, but not $150.

i'm going to save up for a medi boba by cleaning myself with $5 bills instead of the $20 bills i use now.

$150 is nothing. Im an elitist.

I have your throne sir...

xin_3208032216304761695033.jpg

$150 is nothing. Im an elitist.

Hell yeah!!!

I'm with Nash on this, when Medicom puts out that Kenshiro figure next year I will be farming to get the cabbage together for that figure.

If you have the means, get you some!!!

But in all seriousness, this is a topic that collectors have been debating about for ages. If you want the figure enough, if you have the means, you do what you have to get it.
I applaud anyone who had the ability to get the Enterbay Bruce Lee figures. I am very jealous of them, I just could not bring myself to purchase this Bruce Lee figure. I am perfectly happy with the Medicom Bruce Lee, I regret nothing.
Does that make the person who is able to pay more for these figures more of a collector than the rest of us? Absolutely not.
This is a great hobby where we can all share our joy of collecting through the internet and other avenues. I say keep 'em coming.

Man, some of you guys crack me up :lol

Try living on the other side of the world and collect 1/6 figures. I would have been over the moon to get Boba Fett for $150.00. Sideshow have done you a service by selling it for this amount.

Because I missed out on the pre-order at Sideshow (something I would not have cancelled if I had been in line) I was forced to get this item from another seller. Mine cost me $189.95 USD + Freight!!

But you what, I don't care! I got a great figure of a very cool movie icon. There is no other current Boba Fett that you can get straight out of the box that is this good.

We all know by now that Medicom figures are always going to cost more than anything else, and if you don't like this, then don't buy it. Simple.

The quality and details on the current 1/6 figures these days is absolutely amazing. All the major manufacturers have really stepped up to the plate and offer great product, with something for everyone at every price.

Because I get my figures delivered to my work, my workmates often ask how much I pay for them. My reply is not enough :D

Man, some of you guys crack me up :lol

Try living on the other side of the world and collect 1/6 figures. I would have been over the moon to get Boba Fett for $150.00. Sideshow have done you a service by selling it for this amount.

Because I missed out on the pre-order at Sideshow (something I would not have cancelled if I had been in line) I was forced to get this item from another seller. Mine cost me $189.95 USD + Freight!!

But you what, I don't care! I got a great figure of a very cool movie icon. There is no other current Boba Fett that you can get straight out of the box that is this good.

We all know by now that Medicom figures are always going to cost more than anything else, and if you don't like this, then don't buy it. Simple.

The quality and details on the current 1/6 figures these days is absolutely amazing. All the major manufacturers have really stepped up to the plate and offer great product, with something for everyone at every price.

Because I get my figures delivered to my work, my workmates often ask how much I pay for them. My reply is not enough :D

Yeah no sh%#,some these guys act like there on welfare or something.
It's kinda funny that all the people that are complaining about Medi Fett's price are the ones that bought it and plan on keeping it in.

Yeah no sh%#,some these guys act like there on welfare or something.
It's kinda funny that all the people that are complaining about Medi Fett's price are the ones that bought it and plan on keeping it in.

I didn't buy it, and therefore not keeping it :lol

But I do have that sweet Kenshiro figure on order :monkey3

I would rather spend the extra money to get a better product then to buy an inferior one just to save some cash.

Well, I guess that depends on if you consider SS an inferior product. Its really kind of subjective as you can see by what some people feel on the Fett figure. I like it and think the thing is worth it but that doesn't mean it is just like when I get a SS figure and feel its a steal 4 the price. Doesn't make it so either.

$150 for a 1:6th scale figure isn't cheap. I mean for not much more you start getting into PF's and Dio's. So lets not act like its cheap either. So I agree when you're paying that kind of money for a 1:6th scale figure they better bring the good stuff. No excuses. The more I pay the more I expect.

Again, I'll say it that I find it funny how defensive some of the Medicom folks get when a figure from that company isn't just loved. They get MORE defensive than I SUPPOSEDLY do about a SS item. :rotfl

It's very subjective, the worth has nothing to do with what one can afford but more with what one is willing to spend on a figure. I myself could easily afford it but I don't see the 150 worth of value. Once again this is all subjective, some people might see Boba's value being closer to $200, both opinions on value are correct because both are calculating the value with different perspectives.

It's very subjective, the worth has nothing to do with what one can afford but more with what one is willing to spend on a figure. I myself could easily afford it but I don't see the 150 worth of value. Once again this is all subjective, some people might see Boba's value being closer to $200, both opinions on value are correct because both are calculating the value with different perspectives.

:clap

Exactly the point that numerous people fail to see.

To add another level, just because someone likes an item, doesn't mean they have to feel overjoyed to pay the price for that item. The Star Wars fan/collector in me really digs this figure, but the rationalist in me realizes that $150 isn't necessary for a 1:6 toy no matter who is manufacturing it.

I didn't buy it, and therefore not keeping it :lol

But I do have that sweet Kenshiro figure on order :monkey3

I am with you on that Kenshiro figure. Once it becomes available I might not be eating for a month or so, but it is all in good fun.

I did not pre-order the Boba Fett figure so my wallet does not feel everyone else's pain, but it will when the legendary Fist Of The Northstar arrives.

$150 is a lot for a 12" doll. Sideshow will eventually make one for half the price, and I doubt the Medicom version will end up being twice as good. And Sideshow's offering will fit the scale of my collection.

I love that Michael factors in price. Though he's obviously a fan of these properties and collecting, his reviews just seem more professional and detached than the fanatical collectors who'd pay any price for their figures/dolls. That's why his opinions hold so much more weight with reasonable collectors than the indiscriminate fawning of the Medicom/SS/HT/Koto/Hasbro/whatever cheerleaders who'll love anything their favorite collectible company produces.

Again, I'll say it that I find it funny how defensive some of the Medicom folks get when a figure from that company isn't just loved. They get MORE defensive than I SUPPOSEDLY do about a SS item. :rotfl

Actually, it seems about the same to me. But maybe one of us isn't objective. :)

Back