Medicom (Original Costume) Dark Knight Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some quick update shots. Beef up abit his neck with blu tack.
33abigg.jpg

15x5pvt.jpg

25f23gn.jpg

impf80.jpg

2n668ol.jpg

Sorry I ment in scale with hot toys in general.

looks great. Never really seen much on this figure but after seeing yours and the things you done I def. Gotta have 1 now.

Sorry I ment in scale with hot toys in general.

looks great. Never really seen much on this figure but after seeing yours and the things you done I def. Gotta have 1 now.

Originally he's a midget. After the mod, he's a little bit taller than Predator Royce. I'm trying to find a body that can make him bulkier.

Originally he's a midget. After the mod, he's a little bit taller than Predator Royce. I'm trying to find a body that can make him bulkier.

you could do what some of us did with the Takara. Stuff the body suit with cotton balls until you get the bulk that you want. Just tear them into workable pieces. That way you don't have to worry about a new body being too big for the the suit

Some quick update shots. Beef up abit his neck with blu tack.
33abigg.jpg
Great job, but that neck looks really long, IMO. I know the HT one got "giraffe neck" criticisms (though I could never really see it myself), but that one really does seem too long.

great job, in my opinion that looks better that the hot toys dark knight original costume

Hey! Them's fightin' words 'round these parts...

Great job, but that neck looks really long, IMO. I know the HT one got "giraffe neck" criticisms (though I could never really see it myself), but that one really does seem too long.

Thanks for comments.
The neck is adjustable. Will c how later today.

I think it's quite obvious that the HT OC Bats has a long neck. this neck now looks a bit long, but still not as long as the HT OC neck does.

Hey! Them's fightin' words 'round these parts...

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

but in all seriousness...
I think this medi OC Bats is similar to that of the medi TDK Bats, out of the box the OC/DX Bats (respectively) beat out their medi counterparts, but with mods, they come to at least equal grounds. I know some prefer one over the either (myself included), but I say give credit where credit is due, and I think this modded Medi OC Bats can stand toe-to-toe with the HT OC

Bplus if you've gone over this I've missed it - but are you using the medi TDK OC boots, or are they TDK boots? Reason I ask is I tried using extenders on my medi OC and the boots didn't reach far up his shins enough.

Your mod is making me wish I'd held onto my medi version, nice work!

I think it's quite obvious that the HT OC Bats has a long neck. this neck now looks a bit long, but still not as long as the HT OC neck does.

You think that h=the HT TDK OC neck looks longer? Interesting. Guess we all see things differently!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

but in all seriousness...
I think this medi OC Bats is similar to that of the medi TDK Bats, out of the box the OC/DX Bats (respectively) beat out their medi counterparts, but with mods, they come to at least equal grounds. I know some prefer one over the either (myself included), but I say give credit where credit is due, and I think this modded Medi OC Bats can stand toe-to-toe with the HT OC

I hope I didn't make it seem like I was denying anyone appropriate credit. This is a great custom and there is no denying that.

Bplus if you've gone over this I've missed it - but are you using the medi TDK OC boots, or are they TDK boots? Reason I ask is I tried using extenders on my medi OC and the boots didn't reach far up his shins enough.

Your mod is making me wish I'd held onto my medi version, nice work!

My mod was inspired by Ven's Custom OC.
I love to have HT OC, but its price now is almost five times of medi OC.
The combined cost of my two modded medi bats can't even enough to buy half of the HT OC body.
Anyway, The boots are the stock version, but the hands are from my medi TDK. The stock hands peg not suitable.
Still working on his neck, trying to beef it up without causing a long neck.

You think that h=the HT TDK OC neck looks longer?

Hmmm not sure what that means?

But I don't think that the HT DX nor the OC Bats have the dramatic giraffe neck most say it does, but I do think both are a bit longer than they should be.

I hope I didn't make it seem like I was denying anyone appropriate credit. This is a great custom and there is no denying that.

I didn't think you were discrediting him, I just think that most see the HT OC bats as perfect without a doubt, yet it too has it's imperfections. It was just me anticipating the "it looks good but not as goods the OC Bats" from others just invade they were coming :lol

My mod was inspired by Ven's Custom OC.
I love to have HT OC, but its price now is almost five times of medi OC.
The combined cost of my two modded medi bats can't even enough to buy half of the HT OC body.
Anyway, The boots are the stock version, but the hands are from my medi TDK. The stock hands peg not suitable.
Still working on his neck, trying to beef it up without causing a long neck.

Ah... I guess the Soldier Story body would be in proportion, meaning you get the extra height over the medi body but have the boots look fine; whereas simply adding extenders to the original medi body adds the height to the shins only, leaving them too short.

Actually the stock boots are abit tight for SS legs. The edge of the SS legs without pegs can't reach the bottom of the boots. However, this is not a problem for him to stand n posing.
Luckily, the suit is made of good rubber n can be stretched to fit bigger body.
The belt also about 2cm short for bigger body like SS, I extended it with magnet tape.
I must say the stock cape of this medi OC is very good in quality.
The head sculpt also made of soft rubber, can be tweaked to the shape you want.

It's looking very cool, nice work. I agree the stock cape is very good quality, much better than the HT OC cape.

another quick updates on my medi OC. Sorry for the poor camera quality.
I beef up the neck without causing long neck (I think).
mc9qur.jpg

ff6a8p.jpg

op679c.jpg

jk9c2s.jpg

zj7bpg.jpg

20z8ldw.jpg

Nice photos man. I really want this figure after seeing what uve done. Would you say the body change over was pretty simply?

I don't think thickening the neck makes it look long, but there's something about how it sits on the torso that - to my eyes - looks like it's just sitting on top. I think it's because the bottom of the mask is pretty flat. If you look at the this modded HT OC, the mask curves over the shoulders so that it can sit lower (hope that Vodoun doesn't mind me using his pic to illustrate my point):

5513099919_8f7b8de32f_b.jpg

Really great photos though mate!

Back