Medicom (Original Costume) Dark Knight Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea definitely the legs were one piece, but I've seen pics of Begins suits at Movie museums and the like and some look to be one whole upper piece where others look like the "armor is over a undersuit like the medi at least for the upper half. so in that respect, it's hard to know what's more accurate :huh

Mine's done. I don't mean to sound like an old crank, but it wasn't worth the effort to me. It's nice, but I wish I had put the money and time into something else. It photographs well enough, but there's something that is off when I look at it. Perhaps it will grow on me over time.

medmod2.jpg

medmod1.jpg

medmod3.jpg

Last edited:
Mine's done. I don't mean to sound like an old crank, but it wasn't worth the effort to me. It's nice, but I wish I had put the money and time into something else. It photographs well enough, but there's something that is off when I look at it. Perhaps it will grow on me over time.

just out of curiosity, what is it that made you want to do this mod? did you think it would come out better? yours looks as good as th few other's who've done this mod as well

Yeah, I don't think it looks as good as bplus73. I guess my biggest beef is that the undersuit is going to crumble over time, making this just as much of a gamble as the HT OC. I kinda wish I had attached the armor to a cloth suit. Too late now and there's no way in hades I'm going to spend another $175 to try. Oh well, I like the stand I made, and I like that I got some use outta the Mangler from HT.

medmod4.jpg

medmod5.jpg

Professor, yours already looks very nice. Maybe you need to bulk him more. I also try several ways to made him bulkier. This batman was very 'fat' in the movie.
Anyway, just curious if you already have HT OC, why you still have to buy this medi?

Hey, I think it looks pretty bad ass personally. you are right about it photographing really well. I'd be happy to have such a welldone bats!

I never thought I'd want the begins batman because like alot of people I didn't really collect 1/6 before hot toys did the dark knight. It's cheesy of me to say, but it's true. they did some wonderful work with the rights.

I did realize that I love the look of the begins suit, probably a bit more than the DK suit. He just looks like a friggin monster in that thing compared. The OC is outta my price zone, but I think I'm gonna pick up the demon bat and try and throw a begins head on it.

I'm thinking about making a battle damaged BB suit, the sonar suit for TDK, and whatever suit he has in TDKR will be my definitive straight up batman.

The OC is outta my price zone, but I think I'm gonna pick up the demon bat and try and throw a begins head on it.

I'm thinking about making a battle damaged BB suit, the sonar suit for TDK, and whatever suit he has in TDKR will be my definitive straight up batman.

Mate no! You'll end up with a figure that isn't one thing or the other. I can't see Demon Bats being good for anything but Demon Bats. For similar money you could pick up a Takara Bats...

Inspiration strikes! Looking at the Medi headsculpt, which I like quite a bit, I came up with a mod to crow about (IMO.)

Took the Medi cowl, beefed up the inner head with pleather strips, and married it to the HT BATMAN BEGINS figure from 2006.

This I like. I guess you could call this a "MediMMS."

medimms4.jpg

I put some more photos in the "Modifying a Hot Toys Batman Begins figure " thread.

Last edited:
Mate no! You'll end up with a figure that isn't one thing or the other. I can't see Demon Bats being good for anything but Demon Bats. For similar money you could pick up a Takara Bats...

My thinking is to do a battle damaged sorta custom. Like after he gets set on fire. I have faith that it would look coherent. I feel like itd be weak to only have the demon batman and no regular OC on display.

I just love the OC look.

Is there any difference between this one and the first release? I noticed one had the BB logo and different picture on the box than TDK version.
a9e2yzum.jpg

etygy7eq.jpg

Can't see the first pic but thanks. I figured the newer one was better. Does the newer one have the same set up as the first? I saw some pics that showed the rubber armor doesn't actually cover the whole figure on the legs. It's almost like chaps with an undersuit. Did they improve that or is it the same design just better material and sculpts?

Can't see the first pic but thanks. I figured the newer one was better. Does the newer one have the same set up as the first? I saw some pics that showed the rubber armor doesn't actually cover the whole figure on the legs. It's almost like chaps with an undersuit. Did they improve that or is it the same design just better material and sculpts?
hmm I can see it just fine on my laptop but not on my phone. Anywho changed the the pic, maybe this one from MWC's review will work.

Can't answer your other questions though as I never owned this figure. There might be some answers buried somewhere in this thread though :eek:
I wouldn't spend anymore than $40 for this at the moment.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
Yea considering what it would take to customize it to get it up to snuff.
agreed these are the worst Begins suits you can get
Yea it's pretty bad on it's own but not so bad if customize it like Ven did (one in the middle). Add an MRM or other custom sculpt and Tony Mei cape and I think it would look pretty good

BATCOMPARISON.jpg

Last edited:
Back