Medicom (Original Costume) Dark Knight Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Technically the height comparison is a bit unfair considering the HT Batman's neck is giraffe length.

Everything else swings into HT's corner.

Technically the height comparison is a bit unfair considering the HT Batman's neck is giraffe length.

Everything else swings into HT's corner.

It's not just the height, it's the proportions overall. Give the HT Bats a short neck and he'll still look like 1/6; and give Medi Bats another inch of height he'll still look like a scrawny runt.

Medi has better flexibility in the neck, a better cape, and arguably a better HS and probably better overall articulation under the suit. But the costume's plastic/rubber combo is tacky and he's too small not to look utterly ridiculous among other 1/6 figures.

Im looking to buy one of these, but it seems the price have gone up. Think it would fit nicely with my other medi figures.
Im not sure why people are so hung up on size. I collect different size figures all the time from hasbro 3 3/4 figures to Sideshow PF, as long as you keep them with their respective collection, they should not look out of place. Medi displayed with Medi's, Ht's Displayed with Ht's and SS displayed with SS.

Im looking to buy one of these, but it seems the price have gone up. Think it would fit nicely with my other medi figures.
Im not sure why people are so hung up on size. I collect different size figures all the time from hasbro 3 3/4 figures to Sideshow PF, as long as you keep them with their respective collection, they should not look out of place. Medi displayed with Medi's, Ht's Displayed with Ht's and SS displayed with SS.

Except I can display my HT with my Enterbay with my DiD with my Soldier Story with my Sideshow with my Dragon. Medicom have a scale all their own, which means the only place they fit is with other medicoms.

Oddly enough though the diminutive scale is not consistent across their licenses... Kamen Riders are true 1/6 scale, and I've heard that Medi's TDK Bats is also 1/6.

I wanted a 1/6 OC Batman to fit with my other 1/6 figures, so the only way to go in my case was HT or Takara.

Is brand new medicom dark knight original costume @ $141, a worth buy?

Is brand new medicom dark knight original costume @ $141, a worth buy?

Depends on what you're after - if you understand the scale issues with this figure, it has a lot going for it and this is an ok price MISB. A few vendors had this going for $90 a while back but I haven't seen them around for this price since. You should be able to find a better deal after market if you are patient.

On the other hand if you'd really prefer a HT or Takara version but want to save some pennies, my advice is don't buy it - keep saving for the true 1/6 versions instead.

Depends on what you're after - if you understand the scale issues with this figure, it has a lot going for it and this is an ok price MISB. A few vendors had this going for $90 a while back but I haven't seen them around for this price since. You should be able to find a better deal after market if you are patient.

On the other hand if you'd really prefer a HT or Takara version but want to save some pennies, my advice is don't buy it - keep saving for the true 1/6 versions instead.

:exactly:

except for the $90 bit. From what I've seen, it's been staying at it's initial $170ish for a while now.

but like Lejuan said, it just depends on your taste. If I had the extra $$ I'd go for that $140 price my self. I'd re work it like I did the Medi TDK New Suit version and hope to get something that I'm content with. it may have a shorter height, but at least it doesn't have clogs for boots and extended legs like the Takara does. I've seen someone switch the TDK OC Medi onto a TT and it looked pretty nice and filled out. So, if you can manage to do that then get Adam's OC BB Batman head (if he makes it available), I think it will look just at good as the HT TDK OC if not better

:exactly:

except for the $90 bit. From what I've seen, it's been staying at it's initial $170ish for a while now.

but like Lejuan said, it just depends on your taste. If I had the extra $$ I'd go for that $140 price my self. I'd re work it like I did the Medi TDK New Suit version and hope to get something that I'm content with. it may have a shorter height, but at least it doesn't have clogs for boots and extended legs like the Takara does. I've seen someone switch the TDK OC Medi onto a TT and it looked pretty nice and filled out. So, if you can manage to do that then get Adam's OC BB Batman head (if he makes it available), I think it will look just at good as the HT TDK OC if not better

While i have the HT OC, this is what I plan to do.. but not with the Medi TDK release of the OC, i just got the Medi BB figure.. i like the sleekness of that version better.

While i have the HT OC, this is what I plan to do.. but not with the Medi TDK release of the OC, i just got the Medi BB figure.. i like the sleekness of that version better.

if you ever get tired of the HT OC keep me in mind :monkey3:pray::lol

anywhoo, found the pics that I was referring to (not mine btw)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

but that's the idea. Imagine this with an lforigno cape and Adam sculpt. may not be the "Ultimate" Begins Bats but I think it would make a nice, cheaper solution to not having a begins figure than seeking out the HT OC

Last edited:
This is what im talking about

CREG'S pictures
attachment.php

attachment.php

he used the MEDI VER.1 armor.. it looks less shiny. i had this figure before and IMO its armor sculpt is unmatched.

my pics from 06
Picture107.jpg

hahapictures012.jpg

Picture109.jpg

yeah, but that was when i had upgraded it with extenders in 06'. however this time i plan to put him on a completely new body with more height and bulk.

yeah, but that was when i had upgraded it with extenders in 06'. however this time i plan to put him on a completely new body with more height and bulk.

Please share the pics about the process when you r changing the new body. If Royce body can be used, then it will be bulk enough.

On a Soldier Story Body. I'm really happy with the outcome.

It has good size and proportion. plus the suit is amazing.

Sorry for the bad quality pictures, it was taken with my blackberry with no flash.
IMG00490-20110228-1837.jpg

that looks really good Ven!!! was there a particular type of soldier story body? I like how there isn't a huge gap between the codpiece and the thigh plates like CREG's version. looks like that soldier story body might be the best one to use

Nope any regular one will do.. don't use anyone with the extra muscle thigh pieces. Theres no gap because I took the armor off the undersuit and reglued it properly to the right place on the body.

Last edited:
Back