Medicom Mutt williams

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm actually in the opposite line of thinking here and I think the Indy sculpts are pretty damn good and that Connery looks more "cartoony" than both of them.

But thats just me. :cool:

Ok, I'm resurrecting this thread. Has Mutt begun shipping? Do you still think we'll get a Sideshow 1/6 Mutt Williams? With the hype of the movie long gone, and Mutt not having as much fans as one could expect, do you think Sideshow will give him a chance?

Personally I couldn't care less if SS made Mutt. I don't see them making him, for a while at least, anyways.

There's just too many other characters I'd think people would want before Mutt...Unless he comes with exclusive "vine swinging action". Then I'd have to get him.:D

Mutt has just as much chance of being made as any although being in the last film and SS starting with the first doesn't really bode well for him or any of those characters really. I'd buy a Mutt if he were made, probably two so I could kitbash a Sam Witwicky figure from Transformers but I wouldn't hold my breath until they actually hit a KOTCS era which would no doubt start with a aged Indy.

You could always pop the Hasbro sculpt onto a TrueType. Cheaper than the Medi and the likeness is definitely there, just a poor paint job.

I'm more curious about the Crystal Skull Indy. I hated the one pic we saw but if it's decent in hand I may get one.

The sculpt looks nothing like LaBeouf. I thought the proto was spot on but in production they lost it....:(

Well from what I see in the box itself the production paint job looks absolutely horrible. I don't have much faith that clear in shot pics will change that.

I'd like to see out of the box pics, but... Ewww. Honestly, aside from the jacket this isn't looking much better than the Hasbro figure at this point. Pretty cool that it comes with the bag to put the Crystal Skull in, though. Can't tell if the jacket still looks like a ghey 80's biker jacket like the proto.

Seriously, what happened with Medicom? Their RAH figures have been pretty damn bad lately. Indy, LOST Jack, and now this. Ugh. They'd better not eff up Sweeney Todd, too, or I'll be seriously pissed.

It looks like they scaled the zippers down (would that they had done that for Indy), but swapped out the jacket material from the prototype photos. It's not a bad looking figure overall, but if I didn't know that was supposed to be Mutt from the movie, I'd just think it was a generic 50s teen.

With a sword.

Or did all those crazy cats carry swords to the malt shop back in those days?

I saw this figure in person and the paint job is much better than the prototype. Same with KOCS Indy too, much better paint job than the proto. For this two figures, I got to give credit to Medicom because this is their best paint job yet on a human sculpt, going for a HT realistic look but the sculpt on the other hand are kinda miss for both of them. Don't really look like them at all.

Back