Medicom Mutt williams

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Medicom has already announced FOUR Indy 1/6 figures? SSC needs to at least tease another 1/6 figure soon.

Have you guys noticed how Medicom always takes pictures with the figures head down to hide their hideous neck joint and long neck? :lol

Like I said they really need to evolve or lose a lot of business...they are starting to be eclipsed by almost everyone.

They're gonna have to do a hell of a lot more than tweaking to save this one.

To be bested by a $20 Hasbro figure? That's bad.

Where can I see a pic of the Hasbro one? I'd like to compare.

Medicom has already announced FOUR Indy 1/6 figures? SSC needs to at least tease another 1/6 figure soon.
Sideshow is apparently too busy being recalcitrant* with the Buck body to be bothered with picking up steam on the INDY line.

* That was for you, Banny.

Have you guys noticed how Medicom always takes pictures with the figures head down to hide their hideous neck joint and long neck? :lol

Like I said they really need to evolve or lose a lot of business...they are starting to be eclipsed by almost everyone.

I was thinking the same thing. And what's the deal with the hips always being in the forward thrust position?

Where can I see a pic of the Hasbro one? I'd like to compare.

Here you go. It's not great (it's cheap Hasbro) but it looks a heck of a lot more like Shia LeBouf and with some good repainting would be decent enough:

pTRU1-4450364dt.jpg

The Hasbro figure itself is pretty bad, though. The "action feature" makes the entire right arm limp. But again, it's less than $20. Medicom's will be $150 plus shipping. :monkey4 The Hasbro + a bash with the Hot Toys Brando would blow the Medi figure out of the water.

Here you go. It's not great (it's cheap Hasbro) but it looks a heck of a lot more like Shia LeBouf and with some good repainting would be decent enough:

pTRU1-4450364dt.jpg

Yup, I easily take away Shia looking that portrait, for sure not high end but it at least conveys the person it's supposed to be.

I was thinking the same thing. And what's the deal with the hips always being in the forward thrust position?

That's the posture thing I was talking about. I don't understand that because no one really stands like that yet they always take pictures of their figures like that.

It seems Medicom is trying to do the same thing over and over again without taking any risks. Hot Toys brought us the Power Loader and their sculpting has improved so much over time. Sideshow si bringing us a new body and their sculpting is also tops. They always excite us with new strange licenses and accessories/exclusives.

Medicom just keeps shoving the same thing our way for more money. It makes me want to sell every singe medicom figure I own and never buy another till they improve on something.

I think it would be a damn good likeness if not for that schnozola. Medi has a bad habit of giving their sculpts big ol' honking noses.

Medicom just keeps shoving the same thing our way for more money. It makes me want to sell every singe medicom figure I own and never buy another till they improve on something.

Then do it Rory! :rock

I think it would be a damn good likeness if not for that schnozola. Medi has a bad habit of giving their sculpts big ol' honking noses.

The eyes and hair are way off... and there's nothing you can do about any of these issues (eye shape/spacing, nose, hair) without a resculpt.

You want a GOOD Mutt Williams 12" figure? Do what I'm doing... get the Hasbro figure, repaint the head and put it on the upcoming Hot Toys Brando:

6386_press01-001.jpg

Also would have to dye the shirt from tan to gray (or use the Hasbro one), which is easy. With the exception of the pins and the "Mutt" embroidery, this would be perfect (and still cheaper than Medicom's laughable attempt). Plus... you'll get the hat!

I totally agree! I was thinking about buying the Hasbro 12" Mutt, popping off his head and putting it on a Hot Toys body. I may go the Brando route too since the outfit is nearly the same other than the different colored t-shirt under the jacket! Great idea Irish!

You want a GOOD Mutt Williams 12" figure? Do what I'm doing... get the Hasbro figure, repaint the head and put it on the upcoming Hot Toys Brando:

6386_press01-001.jpg

Also would have to dye the shirt from tan to gray (or use the Hasbro one), which is easy. With the exception of the pins and the "Mutt" embroidery, this would be perfect (and still cheaper than Medicom's laughable attempt). Plus... you'll get the hat!

Wow...I dress like that...

No really...no hat, and different shirt, but other than that...

It looks like the likeness could be really close, btu it's just altered becuase of the downward tilt to the head (to hide the giraffe neck). That's a problem in itself, but I don't know that it's the fault of the head sculpt.

Unless Mutt is the second coolest character in the series next to Indy - which I feel is unlikely - I'm not interested in any version of him, although the Brando head swap idea is awesome. The KOTCS Indy sculpt is just...depressing! It's got no character at all.

Indy and Mutt sculpts look more like Martin Landau and John Cusack than who they're meant to be.

I read an outline of the plot of KOTCS today, and while it's hard to tell just from what I read the structure of the movie seems sound enough.

Back