Medicom Mutt williams

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indy is all I really care out. Just give me him, each of the artifacts from the 4 films and the Ark and call it a day.

Even been thinking about dropping SS Indy for the Takara one :monkey3

I was going to pick up Indy and Henry thinking they would be it. But these two are so awful they make me want to skip the entire line.

Even been thinking about dropping SS Indy for the Takara one :monkey3

From the recent descriptions, the Takara Indy does indeed sound like it will be rather thorough and all-encompassing for casual Indy collectors. I'm anxious to see the sculpts.

I was going to pick up Indy and Henry thinking they would be it. But these two are so awful they make me want to skip the entire line.

You may as well cancel, because you know Sideshow will make a Henry Sr. figure that will be at least as good (and will fit in with the rest of your 1/6 Indy figures). Between SSC and Takara I see absolutely no reason to dive into any of the Medicom offerings (to say nothing of the issues those have).

The Brando head swap idea...brilliant. I'm not sold on that Hasbro sculpt just yet though.

None of the Medi Indy figures a look that good to me either but ,as said before, they definitely have a certain stile unlike any other 1:6 company.

I think it's time Medicom stopped doing non anime based figures because they clearly haven't a clue when it comes to doing accurate likenesses and the attire doesn't appear to be as good as some of their past work either.
Not that I think the SSC one is much better but it will at least have a decent sculpt underneath the inevitably crap production paintjob.

The Brando head swap idea...brilliant. I'm not sold on that Hasbro sculpt just yet though.

None of the Medi Indy figures a look that good to me either but ,as said before, they definitely have a certain stile unlike any other 1:6 company.

The Brando figure is way to large to pass off as LeBouf. They Medibody looks fine for him, but yea, those HT clothes own it.

*ignoring the obvious joke.....

That seems to be Medi's thing to give a slight Asian flavor to their human sculpts...

Not that great on either attempt though I think the Mutt figure is better than the Indy. Strange considering really their Jones Sr is pretty darn good.

*ignoring the obvious joke.....

That seems to be Medi's thing to give a slight Asian flavor to their human sculpts...

And they shouldn't be doing it,you don't see Hot Toys or SSC trying to do anything but get a decent recreation of how the subject actually looks in real life.
Granted neither company gets it right all the time but it's more often than not (especially HT) but the only non Asian likeness I've seen Medicom capture to a decent standard was Hugh Jackman's on the X3 Wolverine and even that needed a repaint.

Last edited:
The pics are small, but so far the sculpt on their Sweeny Todd figure looks pretty good.

With the exception of Henry, Sr, however, all of their Indy sculpts are hideous. :monkey1

The Brando figure is way to large to pass off as LeBouf. They Medibody looks fine for him, but yea, those HT clothes own it.

You can work with it to make it smaller, chest-wise. The height is fine.

The cover of EMPIRE shows that Shia isn't that much shorter than Harrison:

indy4empireback.jpg

The HT body would work as long as he doesn't look too buff.

Back