Medicom KISS RAH Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am always astonished by people who are willing to drop several hundred dollars on something and in the same breath say, "though I'm not a big fan."

"Though I'm not a big fan, these are cool looking so I am going to get them."

It would be different if we were talking 20 bucks. But 2-300????

When you are willing to shell out that kind of money for something that you're not really into in the first place, it should be a sign to you that you have some kind of issues within that need to be tweaked. Think about it for just a second.

By the way,

Poseurs of KISS should be Destroyed

I now step down from Ronnie's Soapbox.

On a side note,

What a NIGHTMARE it would be if they put out cheesebag figs of Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer instead of ACE and PETER.

Eventually making Eric Carr and Vinnie would be great but likely to never ever happen.

I quit following the band back in the 90’s so I don’t know Tommy Thayer, but Eric Singer; I never liked his attitude.

Give me Ace and Peter any day.

I'm a fan and have been dying for 12" figures, but these I'm not completely sold on. The faces are off, no sign of accessories, and no Ace or Peter means no excitement 'til I see them in person.

The Gene figure looks acceptable, facially/likeness-wise.

But the Paul figure....man oh man.....

The Paul looks completely stupid. I see zero resemblance whatsoever.

It actually looks like the current dork (Tommy Thayer) in KISS who plays the role of Ace, but in Paul's make-up!

And WHAT the hell is up with that hair?!?!?!?!

That hair on the figure looks NOTHING like Paul's. It's totally blown out and looks like the kid on the Dutch-Boy paint cans!

Nice curtain-style hack job on the end of the hair.

I have waited 100,000 Years to see cool 12" figures post Mego era...

I am always astonished by people who are willing to drop several hundred dollars on something and in the same breath say, "though I'm not a big fan."

"Though I'm not a big fan, these are cool looking so I am going to get them."

It would be different if we were talking 20 bucks. But 2-300????

When you are willing to shell out that kind of money for something that you're not really into in the first place, it should be a sign to you that you have some kind of issues within that need to be tweaked. Think about it for just a second.

By the way,

Poseurs of KISS should be Destroyed

I now step down from Ronnie's Soapbox.

So you have to be a fan of Kiss to buy a related product?! LOL Doesn't it enter into your limted range of thinking that non fans may buy into this lines because they liked the look Kiss had and these dollies are good representations of that?!
Come on pal, engage your brain and consider what you say before you say it.

So you have to be a fan of Kiss to buy a related product?! LOL Doesn't it enter into your limted range of thinking that non fans may buy into this lines because they liked the look Kiss had and these dollies are good representations of that?!
Come on pal, engage your brain and consider what you say before you say it.

Spoken like a true poser. Apparently you are a non-fan.

Maybe you should take your own advice, "pal."

Did I say "one has to be a KISS fan to buy a related product?"

No.

That is such a broad generalization, courtesy of you.

Being that you appear to be visually impaired and put words in my mouth, I will write it again.

20 dollar items are one thing, but 2-300 dollars?

If you are rich, my statement is irrelevant.

But we all know most of us here aren't. So, that being said, I was only pointing out that sometimes it might be good to ask ourselves why we would drop 2-300 on something we aren't actually into - especially when there are so many other things we could buy that we actually DO care about and are into.

Me personally, I would feel like a complete poser dropping 2-300 on something that I think JUST looks cool, but that I have zero interest in the film, book, character, BEHIND it. I mean ultimately, what would be the point? Aren't most action figures "representations" of characters from some form of story/media? If I have zero interest in the story or character behind it, why in the hell am I going to drop 300 bucks on it? Cause it looks cool? Only?

Just a point that I was bringing up.

Wouldn't it do all of us some good to take inventory from time to time on what matters most to us in the realm of collecting? It can be so addicting and seductive that it is very easy to get carried away and go down that road of buying things that no longer have any real meaning to us - just that it "looks cool."

To all of the folks on these boards that have made statements like, "looks really cool, but I'm not a fan so I'll have to pass" , or "if i were a fan I'd buy these in a second" - I admire you.

Ronnie's soapbox is officially closed for the next five mintues.

You're joking right?! Read your own posts if your looking for 'Broad Generalisations':rolleyes:
No i'm not a fan, but they had a good look which translates nicely to 1/6 form
I'm out of this thread. PEACE

You're joking right?! Read your own posts if your looking for 'Broad Generalisations':rolleyes:
No i'm not a fan, but they had a good look which translates nicely to 1/6 form
I'm out of this thread. PEACE

Nice job on looking like an idiot.

I'm really looking forward to seeing these, I have no doubts they'll get to Peter and Ace. I'd imagine Eric and Vinnie are a toss up depending on sales. But KISS fans buy everything and tend to have loads of disposable income for such things.

20090620_52182f95e393fd86477eZHe3lIlgNmWs.jpg

Gene looks good, but Paul, that figure does not look like him to me. Everything else on the figure costume, chest hair, that looks OK.

Back