Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wondering if Kaneda, bike and Tetsuo will fit on one of my shelves... hope so, because if not I have no idea where they're gonna go :lol

Nothing like $800 worth of figures and no place to put them :duh

Damn man I feel ya. The Tumbler took my whole besta cabanit. My detolf is filled up, and my computer desk is full of stuff too. It's gonna be a beezy trying to display this somewhere.

:lol Tell me about it. I am counting on squeezing the bike on top of my DETOLF.

Don't do it bro! That's too scary for me and not worth it if it falls! :horror

19"?!? Damn :google

"That's what she said...:cool:"

Good thing I have a Besta. :cool:

And I just finished watching the Akira Blu-ray. More psyched to get this now. :rock

Was the dubbing ok? I've heard bad things about the newest release.

I've axed some things on my list as well. I all depends on HOW much you actually love Akira. I say "love" becasue at this price.. you have too! :lol

Was the dubbing ok? I've heard bad things about the newest release.

I've axed some things on my list as well. I all depends on HOW much you actually love Akira. I say "love" becasue at this price.. you have too! :lol

The dub wasn't bad, but I need to watch the original Japanese track next time.

I usually don't mind dubbed... I can watch subtitles too, but it is hard to concentrate on the picture when you are always reading! I can't speak Japanese, so those are my only options! :rotfl

I usually don't mind dubbed animation as long as the voice actors are good; like Princess Mononoke. I find the mouths look off for both English and Japanese.

But never for live action... just can't do it :lol

Just got my Kaneda.....and well, he really isn't that great. What I like about Kaneda is, he uses a new shoulder design.
4479243250_75043a1b15_o.jpg

Hopefully we will see this new shoulder design on all Medicom figs and it will reduce the chances of breakage.

Just wanted to say "Hello everyone" and condemn you all for breaking down my defences and forcing me to pre-order Kaneda and his bike :lol:lol
I've been watching this thread for awhile and I was no longer able to hold back, I finally placed the order.
I'm really enjoying the pics and info everyone has posted here. I'll do an unboxing video of my own when I finally get mine.
Kudos everyone.

Just wanted to say "Hello everyone" and condemn you all for breaking down my defences and forcing me to pre-order Kaneda and his bike :lol:lol
I've been watching this thread for awhile and I was no longer able to hold back, I finally placed the order.
I'm really enjoying the pics and info everyone has posted here. I'll do an unboxing video of my own when I finally get mine.
Kudos everyone.

lol Thats funny. You will be happy that you ordered it.

It's more on the costume, the material they use is very thin and the red color isn't as red as what we saw in the prototypes. It's a much much more dull type of color. The capsule diagram on the back of the jacket looks cheap too.

For the headsculpts, Medicom actually painted the whole head fully, as compared to before where they just cast it in it's intended color.It's weird but I actually prefer the look of their anime figures when it's not painted, just something about the skin tone that doesn't sit right with me. Also, u get two heads, one with the goggles, one without. They are basically the same sculpt, but the goggle head has the goggle sculpted on it and the hair sculpt is different from the normal head.

The gun doesn't light up, instead u get those blue shiny plastic stuck in the barrel and the scope. It's made of solid plastic, with a working scope that you can lift up, feels pretty good.

You get lots of hands for posing, but you have to really insert it in properly or they will drop off pretty easily.

Boots are made of soft vinyl and you can still articulate the feet quite a bit. Articulation is largely unhindered thanks to the new 7 improved RAH301 body. Body feels solid and heavy unlike the old brittle medicom bodies.

Overall, it's a decent figure but not worth the price your paying it for. They should have just bundled the figure together with the bike and charge the same price. I'm mostly disappointed by the costume, the Project BM Kamen Riders have a much better quality feel as compared to this.

Some Kaneda and Bike snaps!

Bike is awesome. Using the blank fairings for now. Seat rubber feels way too delicate though. Hope it holds up.

824358602_qs5NT-X2.jpg

824361102_krk3p-X2.jpg

824360041_KwYoS-X3.jpg

Back