Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disappointing to hear your thoughts on Kaneda Jun. Thanks for sharing though.

A figure/bike combo would have been better I agree.

Didn't realize the goggle head was a 2nd one.. I just thought the hair piece swapped out.

Oh well, out of the set its really all about the bike and he does look good on it.

So when is Tetsuo expected to be released?

it doesnt matter, im dont care about the body type , its a decent kaneda fire im just gonna display, im not really one to pose.

Sweet Kakihara and Ichi figs - are those yours? Customs I presume?
Yes they're mine. If you like to see more pictures:

Click here to see them all: Kakihara & Ichi The Killer (Anime version).

No customs though, that's how they come. With exception of Ichi of course: since the material of the suit he came in was disintegrated, I had to buy a new wet suit for that figure. I belive the new suit is of a better quality. It came from Triat Toys, and it was their last one I suppose! Haven't seen them get restocked ever since. There's also a less limited movie version of the Medicom 12" Ichi figure btw.. It has a very good portrait of Nao Omori.

About Kaneda. I was lucky enough to order a Kaneda from AmiAmi yesterday night, with a nice discount of 20%. He was originally sold out, but apparently they got a few back in, and when I checked back this morning, the figure was sold out again. Now I can go head and cancel the order at SSC: $200 IS a lot of money for a 12" figure.

Last edited:
How much was shipping for Kaneda?

Seems like its about $50 cheaper than Sideshow... but I assume shipping would be around $30ish.

How much was shipping for Kaneda?

Seems like its about $50 cheaper than Sideshow... but I assume shipping would be around $30ish.

Yes, you're absolutely right. Perhaps the deal isn't quite as interesting for the US buyers as it is for the EU buyers. In my case though, ordering from AmiAmi is about $ 50 cheaper (shipping included) before taxes and duty.
When ordering, you don't get the shipping costs right away. They'll let you know once the item is ready to ship. I asked them for a shipping quote on Tetsuo earlier, and it was 3,700 jyn to Europe. Here's what they say about the shipping costs on their site:

Some apprximate estimates of EMS fees are as follows:

Small size poseable figure - around 1,500yen ~ 2,000yen, for USA
1/8 - 1/6 PVC Figure - around 2,000yen ~ 3,600yen, for USA
(Expect about 15 percent less for Asia, the same for Oceania, about 15 percent more for Europe. )

Of course we offer discount rates for combined shipping, however!

Last edited:
That's still pretty good.

Probably ends up being a few bucks cheaper than buying from one of Sideshow's retailers; $190 shipped seems about as low as you can find in the US.

Toy World member, HMSAM

20100401_c5887117ec9908e07c6eKPRbbh.jpg

20100401_bc721b419cebefb9c6190LC7yX.jpg

20100401_954f1468ad3161c9562cH5rYfS.jpg

20100401_803d6409d6e41f5f5d87zAguGu.jpg

20100401_867739311731ca5341019HTkmf.jpg

20100401_783e7d0025d2bf5342b39nLsbT.jpg

20100401_0c203411e39502da8f6aKP7SKe.jpg

20100401_416a2134d7a25e8c0603raiZoN.jpg

20100401_6fda01ee8f790ece1536L0gZU1.jpg

With every pic I see, I get more and more excited. I can't wait to get mine!!!
I keep thinking back to '88 when I was in the comic book shop and I found Issue #1 sitting on the rack. I asked the owner "What's Akira about". All he had to say was "lots of cool motorcycles" (been a motorcycle fanatic my whole life) and I bought a copy. Little did I know 22 years later it would still be one of my favorites.

I re-read the Akira mangas earlier this year and because of this I'm already reading it again and popped in the Bluray.

Was the dubbing ok? I've heard bad things about the newest release.

I actually prefer this dub a lot over the original dub. I think a lot of people are just use to the old version, but Johnny Yong Bosch (Nero from Devil May Cry 4, Ichigo from Bleach, etc) actually made Kaneda sound like a 16yr old unlike Cam Clarke's Kaneda. The new dub's dialogue is also closer to the Japanese version.

Last edited:
those pics are too much! Love it! I might be paying too much from SS , but I think it's close to be worth it.

Back