Medicom Kaneda and bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this is what the standard bike cowling looks like out of the box?

20100401_867739311731ca5341019HTkmf.jpg

And that's the way I like 'em. Movie accurate. Well, also because I'm much too lazy to work with decals at the moment.

Kaz did you apply your decals?

I just got my email from sideshow, the bike is PROCESSING!!!

"Your pre-order of the Kaneda's Bike Die-cast Model with bonus Cowling and Decal Set will be arriving into our US warehouse in approximately 18 days "

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!! :horror

-Zoid

"Your pre-order of the Kaneda's Bike Die-cast Model with bonus Cowling and Decal Set will be arriving into our US warehouse in approximately 18 days "

-Zoid

I got the same one. Nothing on Kaneda yet.

I gotta save up some more money. :( Otherwise its flexpay.

-Zoid
Woohoooooooo. I got the same email. That just made my day. :banana

Right on! the Japanese Track is the only way to go now. once they re-dubbed the English track back in the early 2000's for the pioneer deluxe dvd release the only choice became the Japanese track. I did really dig that English track on the original vhs release quite a bit, when we all payed like $60 for a vhs copy. Crazy times.
By the way, if anyone has not seen the Blu-Ray of Akira, GO AND GET IT NOW!!! the picture and sound quality will blow you away. especialy for the people who have seen it many many times and in different formats, this one is the tops so far.
Frickin' Amazing!!!

-Zoid

COOL! Wonder when BBTS will get their share? That's where I PO mine. :D

One thing I just noticed.
My email said the bike would be shipping (like you guys already mentioned) but the Kaneda Figure availability has been switched to "April 2010" just like the bike (at SS). So hopefully Kaneda will be headed our way soon as well.

I have a feeling Kaneda will be a month after the bike.

Good Marketing IMO.... bad for collectors! :lol

One thing I just noticed.
My email said the bike would be shipping (like you guys already mentioned) but the Kaneda Figure availability has been switched to "April 2010" just like the bike (at SS). So hopefully Kaneda will be headed our way soon as well.

I have a feeling Kaneda will be a month after the bike.

Good Marketing IMO.... bad for collectors! :lol

Yes, the shipping date for both has indeed been updated to April 2010. But whereas the bike is processing in a few days and also is listed under "Coming in the next 30 days" (newsletter), Kaneda is not. So perhaps creature's estimate is pretty close. Good marketing! :D
I hope I got my Kaneda delivered by then.

I've had Kaneda for a week and only finally got a chance today to free him from his box. Wow, you guys (who have him) weren't kidding about the clothes. They feel cheap and prone to tearing if not careful. It's not the materials used that feels cheap, but the way the outfit is constructed doesn't give a great impression when held. I especially don't like the lack of a real zipper on his jacket and wish the silver 'clasps' had a way of hooking onto the jacket to keep the front closed. Lazy design. I do like the boots though -- they're very flexible.

He looks great as long as you're just looking at him. No extreme poses with this guy. I'll take some pics when I can.

*worries* I just hope to hell they don't flake over time. If they do, I gotta learn to sew a new outfit.

Back