Medicom Jim Lee RAH Batman and Joker Hush

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Jim Lee RAH Batman and Joker Hush set

I think they look great, but Batman's legs look too skinny. I would buy both if I was not so broke these days. :thud:

At least they are doing something. SS has the whole DC license and so far... Nada.

I think these look great.

two pics

FPSPx3xz.S3pD_1xojvy1g.jpg

3OqnTdERSDMqSIiZ9MuJ4A.jpg

Oh Man, I have got to have that BATMAN! I've been waiting for somebody to do a 1/6 Comic version...and the fact that they based it on my favorite artist Jim Lee...is just icing on the cake!:clap

The only bummer is...that it's two pack with a hefty price.:horror Plus, as much as I love Jim Lee...I never liked his version of the Joker. maybe I can sell the Joker on eBay and re-coop some of my money?

Gotta love how even in 2012 people still proudly hold immense ignorance to Medicom products. This isn't 1998/2003 anymore Medicom has released plenty of amazing high quality figures though it is obvious that their strength lies in doing more manga/anime styled characters, where as far as accuracy goes no other 1/6 company can compete (just look at Hot Toys AWFUL attempt at City Hunter and it becomes pretty obvious that they aren't exactly the best at everything). Medicom bodies are much sturdier these days and also taller. Their Jojo's Bizarre Advenutre is probably the best 1/6 lineup in existence, especially since it is one of the only ones that actually has more than five or so figures. As for these two figures, it's weird because these actually look a lot like older Medicom figures, what with the weird proportions (mostly the small legs) and somewhat cheap looking material. It does look really comic book accurate though which is actually pretty awesome. I need to see more shots to properly judge it I guess.

Seriously though give the blasted company a chance. Yeah they cannot do realistic faces like Hot Toys and Enterbay, but they certainly are very strong at more cartoony ones. I also find it funny people still refer to instances of their older figures breaking or melting. You guys ever heard of Enterbay or Hot Toys? Most recent GoD release by Enterbay was a disaster and almost every Hot Toys figure with rubber has had issues, in some cases so bad the figure is pretty much ruined. Yeah every company makes mistakes and all three have learned from them. I also hate the random horror stories of modern Medicom figures breaking. Often times these are the minorities, but since no one goes around proudly saying how well their random Medicom figures hold up, everyone assumes it's the norm.
Forget it. I've had about 7 or 8 Medi figures in my day, and like Dave, nearly all of them broke or had some other major issue. I gave them plenty of chances, and those figures weren't all from the early 2000s, either. I got the Akira most recently, and it was decent, but it still felt like a $50 figure in-hand. Medi just can't hang with the big boys nowadays.

Dave said it best.

I'll wait for Sideshow.

Baggy-pants Batman has cheap baggy pants suit.

Easy pass.

Hmmm. Less convinced by the new pics. Cape and suit look cheap. I'll stick with the Koto Jim Lee for now.

mmmh proportions on those last pics looks odd.
Outfit looks cheap as hell for the price.

That joker design by Lee is probably one of the worst joker.

Just get yourself a Jim Lee batman headsculpt, maybe even this one parted out later on ebay and hit up TonyMeis for the suit and cape and you'll have youself a Batman that looks 100 times better than this offering!:lecture

Just get yourself a Jim Lee batman headsculpt, maybe even this one parted out later on ebay and hit up TonyMeis for the suit and cape and you'll have youself a Batman that looks 100 times better than this offering!:lecture

I already have 5 custom Batman and wasn't planning on getting those :lol

Looks ok, but I think Medicom needs to redesign their body to fit figures like this better.

I still have the Medicom SSJ Goku and have posed it a lot in extreme poses and has held great. The rubber has not cracked either.

And I also had a Pokemon Ash and held great as well. No extreme poses though.

Typical Medicom. Average ass figure, probably far too short and as usual the most pricey. Go figure.

Batman looks cool though but $200 a piece? Damn.

What a surprise! This Jim Lee Batman will do for now, while waiting for Hot Toys' Arkham City Batman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, but you can probably find it searching through the DC related news stories on their site.

Thanks, I rooted around and only found a meantion of it in there sideshow experiance general dc section where they anwsered a question about a 1:6 green lantern comic figure saying that they are exploring it. So maybe sometime next year for a release I guessing. They will need to make a new superhero body to get started I'm guessing.

Back