Medicom Jim Lee RAH Batman and Joker Hush

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Jim Lee RAH Batman and Joker Hush set

It's medicom so isn't it pretty much an 11" figure for $400?

It's medicom so isn't it pretty much an 11" figure for $400?

Their latest bodies are 12" and not brittle like they used to be.

Also judging by the midtown comics Pre-order, these are going to be $159.99 each

I'm in at $159. And even if these top out at about 11 1/2'' for a typical Medi, they'll be all on they're own so it won't matter to me.

I'm hoping Medicom goes a little deeper into the Hush line. I'd love to at least have a Jim Lee Supes to go with them.

I just wish this picture was larger and hi res:
1216665_ful.jpg
That's Medicom for you. Don't hold your breath for anything fancier than that. :lol

Awesome. Best 1/6th joker and batman ( mass produced) I've seen yet. JUST by nature of being comic book versions.
Batman particularly looks good here in this picture, but. . .Medicom. I've heard that Medi has recently made improvements on figures (about time considering they've been doing the same thing for about 15 years now :lol ), but I'm not holding my breath on that one, either. I expect these will feel and be fairly cheap, with sloppy paint apps, feeling like something that should cost $50 rather than $150 each.

SS would probably import these and sell em like they did with medicom stuffs. :lol
Now that SSC are supposedly doing their own 1/6 comic figures, I'm not sure if this is in their interest. The fact that this is apparently being solicited for sale through non-SSC channels (I'm guessing Diamond) suggests to me that SSC won't carry it. But who knows?

Really, sideshow is going to do 1:6 comic figures:yess: thats pretty cool news, do you have a link?

The Batman looks nice. Hopefully we'll get more pics/specs soon.

Gotta love how even in 2012 people still proudly hold immense ignorance to Medicom products. This isn't 1998/2003 anymore Medicom has released plenty of amazing high quality figures though it is obvious that their strength lies in doing more manga/anime styled characters, where as far as accuracy goes no other 1/6 company can compete (just look at Hot Toys AWFUL attempt at City Hunter and it becomes pretty obvious that they aren't exactly the best at everything). Medicom bodies are much sturdier these days and also taller. Their Jojo's Bizarre Advenutre is probably the best 1/6 lineup in existence, especially since it is one of the only ones that actually has more than five or so figures. As for these two figures, it's weird because these actually look a lot like older Medicom figures, what with the weird proportions (mostly the small legs) and somewhat cheap looking material. It does look really comic book accurate though which is actually pretty awesome. I need to see more shots to properly judge it I guess.

Seriously though give the blasted company a chance. Yeah they cannot do realistic faces like Hot Toys and Enterbay, but they certainly are very strong at more cartoony ones. I also find it funny people still refer to instances of their older figures breaking or melting. You guys ever heard of Enterbay or Hot Toys? Most recent GoD release by Enterbay was a disaster and almost every Hot Toys figure with rubber has had issues, in some cases so bad the figure is pretty much ruined. Yeah every company makes mistakes and all three have learned from them. I also hate the random horror stories of modern Medicom figures breaking. Often times these are the minorities, but since no one goes around proudly saying how well their random Medicom figures hold up, everyone assumes it's the norm.

Oh wow this is unexpected!! Really like how Batman is looking! Might get this. Need more pics!

Joker i'm not feeling based on that pic

I actually like both. The Batman is the best Jim Lee version I've seen, and the Joker looks different enough to be worth it. I love my medi Dark Knight, so I may get these.

I purchased a couple of Medicom 1/6 products released this year, & was overall pleased with what I got. From what I can see, figures look sweet.

Gotta love how even in 2012 people still proudly hold immense ignorance to Medicom products. This isn't 1998/2003 anymore Medicom has released plenty of amazing high quality figures though it is obvious that their strength lies in doing more manga/anime styled characters, where as far as accuracy goes no other 1/6 company can compete (just look at Hot Toys AWFUL attempt at City Hunter and it becomes pretty obvious that they aren't exactly the best at everything). Medicom bodies are much sturdier these days and also taller. Their Jojo's Bizarre Advenutre is probably the best 1/6 lineup in existence, especially since it is one of the only ones that actually has more than five or so figures. As for these two figures, it's weird because these actually look a lot like older Medicom figures, what with the weird proportions (mostly the small legs) and somewhat cheap looking material. It does look really comic book accurate though which is actually pretty awesome. I need to see more shots to properly judge it I guess.

Seriously though give the blasted company a chance. Yeah they cannot do realistic faces like Hot Toys and Enterbay, but they certainly are very strong at more cartoony ones. I also find it funny people still refer to instances of their older figures breaking or melting. You guys ever heard of Enterbay or Hot Toys? Most recent GoD release by Enterbay was a disaster and almost every Hot Toys figure with rubber has had issues, in some cases so bad the figure is pretty much ruined. Yeah every company makes mistakes and all three have learned from them. I also hate the random horror stories of modern Medicom figures breaking. Often times these are the minorities, but since no one goes around proudly saying how well their random Medicom figures hold up, everyone assumes it's the norm.

I'm all about giving companies the benefit of the doubt, but I've had 80% of all Medicom figures break in exactly the same way - the leg joint breaking at the hip - with no stress or drops or any other cause. These aren't old figures, the latest is the Darth Maul.

I think I'll wait for SSC's 1/6 DC figures.

Holy ____. This was unexpected, they look exactly like Lee's drawings. I might bite on Batman as it looks straight out of the page but I was never a fan of his HUSH Joker. Hopefully they continue the HUSH line, I'd love to get a Robin and Nightwing out of this too.

I know SSC will do comics figures but I have a feeling they'll be more generic like the Joes line where it's inspired by the character but really it's own unique thing rather than something directly artist inspired. I think their Batman in 1:6 will be in it's own league.

Love it or hate it, Medicom's Joker does look like Jim Lee's version.

1216666_ful.jpg
joker.jpg

I would also love to see some other Hush figures available down the line, Catwoman and Nightwing come to mind.

Last edited:
Back