Medicom Indy and Dr. Jones - the polite thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Umm...Okay. I think it's pretty darn close
3905_press03-001.jpg

136.jpg

121.jpg

r64.jpg

r44.jpg

SS's Indy's body and outfit look pretty good.As for the sculpt,Indy looks a little swolen in the face,and has a little bit of a fat head which is SS's past trade mark(thier heads use to be fatter).That's the only thing that bothers me about it.Both Medicom figure's look great with no complaints here,except for the price,and not because I wouldn't pay that much for a figure,I just wouldn't pay that much for an Indy figure.I'm not really into Indiana Jones.That being said,I will most likely buy one of these figures and that's it.Which one I get will depend on what else comes out and what looks the best.So far the Medi Indy looks to be the winner,but like I said,I won't deside till these things finally get released.

The Medi sculpt looks decent, but the jacket is cut badly, the bag is the wrong color, highwater pants and an out of scale whip set it back a bit.

Both figures have flaws but my vote still goes to the Sideshow figure, price and quality put it far ahead of the Medi offering. Still a respectable job from Medicom, and finally.... ACCESSORIES! :D

Yeah, with Darth Maul and now the Indy figure Medicom really seems to be stepping up their game on the accessories front, which is great to see!

Both Indys have there plus'es and minus's and generally no mfgr has hit a likeness dead on, some are closer than others like the Dr Jones Medicom, but most are close enough
I like both Indys and have a SS one on order
I doubt ill get the Medicom one because its too expensive
If I need another, and i do, Ill get one from a dealer when it comes out
I will get the Dr Jones well unless SS puts one out at a lesser price between now and then

The Medi sculpt looks decent, but the jacket is cut badly, the bag is the wrong color, highwater pants and an out of scale whip set it back a bit.

Both figures have flaws but my vote still goes to the Sideshow figure, price and quality put it far ahead of the Medi offering. Still a respectable job from Medicom, and finally.... ACCESSORIES! :D

my thoughts exactly, Sideshow took this though the Medi has its pro's too.

That's because of the falling dollar... the Euro will buy more than the dollar, so the figure is more expensive here.

Then again, the UK Pound is good and bad...good because it's worth about 2 dollars....bad becuase shipping charges mean that UK collectors still pay a hell of a lot...

Between the 2, I'd take the Sideshow one.Sculpt is better.

Back