Medicom Indy and Dr. Jones - the polite thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the whip a different color on the Crystal Skull Indy? It looks like it from the pictures. That and the head appear to be the only differences. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think the head sculpt of the Medicom Indy is much more life like, but I agree that the clothing of the SS is somewhat better. And yes, the price tag is pretty ridiculous. I remember when Medicom's prices were comparable to SS or even DML. I might have to buy their Han though. I'm happy with my Sovereign Studios Indy anyway.

Well quite late in the game but I found a bargain at a local shop here. It was $80 and I couldnt resist.Tried but couldn't.

I used the massive body with the older neck. As you can see the difference in neck length.
That's where you get your giraffe neck!

IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

IMG_2197.jpg

IMG_2198.jpg

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2203.jpg

Definately an excellent sculpt. The lack of paint truly hurt it. A Painter like Kuato can bring the best out of it.

Last edited:
Well quite late in the game but I found a bargain at a local shop here. It was $80 and I couldnt resist.Tried but couldn't.

I used the massive body with the older neck. As you can see the difference in neck length.

IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

IMG_2197.jpg

IMG_2198.jpg

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2203.jpg

Definately an excellent sculpt. The lack of paint truly hurt it. A Painter like Kuato can bring the best out of it.

whoa, what version is that?

whoa, what version is that?

You mean the body?

I used the medicom 301 "massive" body.
It comes with slightly bigger muscles.

The Medicom Indy came with the regular 301 Body called the "Kai" body.

However the Indy, Han Solo and Maul came with longer than usual necks.
So far as I know, there are 3 neck lengths that comes with the medicom body(Not inclusive of those characters like Goku, Picollo, chun li etc)

The commonly used necks are the

short neck - used for Vader

Medium neck-used fot most Medicom figures like Boba, jango,Superman, Movie Wolvie etc.

Long neck- used for Han, Indy and Maul.

I find it useful for certain figures with huge clothing like 3 piece suits(Clark Kent) to use the longer necks. But for regular clothed characters with low collars, the medium neck are the ideal ones.

IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

IMG_2197.jpg

IMG_2198.jpg

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2203.jpg

That's he first pics that make this figure look good :clap
That's how it should be out of the box, I'm sure more people would like the figure then.

It's over priced, but still a good figure. I've been saying that since I got one in October.

US$180 is definately overpriced.

Here in Singapore, Retail is US120. I think US100 would be fair. I got mine for $80 loose at a local shop.

It is great to have a variety of Indy figures to choose from...still really like this KOTCS version from Medicom...
3358118246_b7bf56984e_b.jpg

Back