Medicom Indiana Jones and Henry Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
0000038413_20070312202624.jpg

20080322_942319b0835942eb24caelq1Ne.jpg

jeff_goldblum.jpg
[/quote]
Connery looks soo good too.. is harrison THAT hard to get right?

everyone's gonna have their preference. I really want to see in-hand shots of medindy.I love how the rah poses, but i like my figures to look like the right guy. now if i had a 1/6 t-rex to pose with him....
i kid, I kid.
For now, i've got the sideshow indy on pre-order. keeping him. if medi-indy is close to the same price i'll get him too.
Jones Sr.? I'll get. You can never have too much Connery.

I think you could cut off the real Harrison Ford's head, shrink it down, stick it on a figure and people would still say it doesn't look like Ford. There must be something about the attitude his face conveys or something that just can't be completely captured in a sculpt.

In the end it'll all come down to Sideshow's paint apps. on their production pieces. I really hope they don't mess this one up.

In the end it'll all come down to Sideshow's paint apps. on their production pieces. I really hope they don't mess this one up.

That's true for both Indys. Will Sideshow turn out another Ben Kenobi or Aragorn? Will the skin tone on Medicom's actually look as natural as the prototype or will it be that weird yellowish plastic look that their production human sculpts tend to have?

But we have yet to see SS's version.

That's true. I'm just not sure how soon they might get to Jones Sr. When its announced and the Medicom one hasn't shipped I'll order the SS one and cancel the Medicom one. That's my plan anyways. :lol

Someone still has to explain why Henry Sr. is wearing a clay flowerpot for a hat. Seriously, that is awful... and inexcusable for $150.

Connery looks soo good too.. is harrison THAT hard to get right?[/QUOTE]

WTF is this?!! Some of you guys are freakin ridiculous.This looks nothing like Jeff Goldblum!! Let's wait till we see more pictures,my god there have only been two grainy pictures and from what I can tell it's probably going to be awesome like the other Medi figs I have. This is the best production Indy fig I have seen yet. Trev's sculpt is great,but he is limited to SS's standards which means a big head and both of his Ford sculpts are fat faced and when they put the production paint on it,it will end up pasty faced. Just looking at the pic of Medicom's Indy standing,it looks more natural and proportioned. Oh yeah,I know,I forgot I was on a Sideshow forum

from what I can tell it's probably going to be awesome like the other Medi figs I have. This is the best production Indy fig I have seen yet. Trev's sculpt is great,but he is limited to SS's standards which means a big head and both of his Ford sculpts are fat faced and when they put the production paint on it,it will end up pasty faced. Just looking at the pic of Medicom's Indy standing,it looks more natural and proportioned. Oh yeah,I know,I forgot I was on a Sideshow forum

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

:duh

:pow

I'd be more worried about the kool-aid myself, but I digress.

This is a pass for me. Oversized zippers and buttons no longer cut it in a worls where SSC can do accurately sized zippers and buttons for 1/3 less. i also think their sculpt is better for indy, tho not by a great deal. Sr. Looks cool, but i think i'll wait it out for the SSC release.

The thing with these Medicom figures is... if they were $60-80 each it would be an easy buy for me as an Indy fan/collector. But having SSC's Indy at $90 and these at what will surely be $150 each makes it extremely difficult to reconcile. These figures are worth maybe half of what they will be selling for, imho. I don't need a single Sankara stone bad enough to pay another $150 for this Indy figure. Especially when Sideshow is sure to do more Indy figures and include the requisite accessories. Same with Henry Sr.

And those hats... :monkey4

exactly. I bet SS will put 3 Sankara stones in their TOD Indy release ( or Mola Ram) Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the exclusive set lit up.

JEFF GOLDBLUM SHOULD HAVE PLAYED INDY....:monkey3

I think the medicom one has a pretty good sculpt.. I can't tell exactly right now, but the nose does look slightly bent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back