Medicom Indiana Jones and Henry Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2354647425_f824702986_o.png

Love the grizzled look, I'm really digging this piece. Hat's a bit funky, but not what I'd call a deal breaker.

I only ever hear those two figures in argument. Got anymore?

Sure. Leia, Padme, Sidious. Basically the most recent Sideshow SW 12" figures have all featured very good production paint apps. (The Padme one did feature a stunningly bad decision to paint the eyes to the side, though).

I have every bit of confidence that SSC cares enough about their Indy figure to ensure it gets the same top treatment that Old Ben did. Mark my words, the finished production figure's paint apps will look BETTER than the prototype.

As much as I love Trevor's raw sculpt, I have to say the Medi is giving me more of the Indy vibe than the painted SSC proto.

Love the grizzled look, I'm really digging this piece. Hat's a bit funky, but not what I'd call a deal breaker.

For $150... it's a deal-breaker. And the jacket actually has TOO MUCH texture to it. Reminds me of the Relic Hunter jacket and even the one on the upcoming Hasbro 12" Talking Indy.

I agree with you krayt dragon !!!!!!!!!!!!!! please medicom make a han solo stormtrooper !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:chew:chew:chew:chew

Just noticed one thing on Sideshow's Indy that could probably help the paint apps. and getting the "look" (or maybe it's just the preview photos). I think he could be more tan...he looks kind of pasty white on Sideshow's version.

I think both are good sculpts, but the Medicom does have more personality coming through to me. Yeah, the nose is straight and his eye bags make it look like he hasn't slept in days, but it's a great sculpt. Sideshows is awesome as well. They have more detail in the sculpt, but I do believe his cheeks are too puffy, like Bespin Han. Also, I love the sculpted hat. It looks much better than any Indy I've seen.

They both rock and I'll buy them.

021408_indy_01.jpg

If you think there is anything wrong with this sculpt then there is no help for you. Period.

Nice closeups, Krayt!

But clearly you are here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and we know what happened to the bubblegum...

LOOK at that face for the love of god !!!!!!! very well done medicom , one point more .... !!!!!!!!!:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

They nailed both likenesses. Medicom's sculpts are much more vibrant and "alive" than Sideshows. That's a point that cannot be argued.

I agree, but I would not count on no argument if ya know what I mean.
I can't wait for Medi to do some human Star Wars characters now.

I think the SS sculpt is better but the Medi paint is better with more "personality". We'll see with the finished products I suppose.

I actually don't mind the Medi jacket texture, but the giant zipper and buttons and the crappy hat are very distracting.

The only negative with the SS one is the paint which can be customized fairly easily. "Fixing" everything I don't care for on the Medi would take a bunch more effort.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Trevor's sculpt, the paint just isn't giving it the life it should. Someone posted a photoshop painted pic of it a while back, and it looked like Ford in the flesh.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Trevor's sculpt, the paint just isn't giving it the life it should. Someone posted a photoshop painted pic of it a while back, and it looked like Ford in the flesh.

This one?

indyheadpsew9.jpg

Yeah. What a lackluster sculpt. :rolleyes:

I just don't see Indy's face in the Medi-Indy; it seems kind of dead and fake to me, like a doll wearing a fake smile. I do, however, like the Connery figure, despite the plastic flesh "tones" (if you can call it that). The expression on his face is perfect, and I really dig the likeness. Indy, not so much; in that category I give it to Sideshow for paint apps, sculpt, expression, costume, etc.

But feel free to disagree; I'm not going to attack you if you happen to think otherwise. Nobody should have to resort to that, not if they really believe what they're saying. :eek:

I lke both sculpts, each one captured Ford in unique ways, but I know Medi's will look exactly like that, and SS, we'll have to wait and see!
I might end up getting them both!!
And Dr. Jones Senior is a must!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back