Medicom Indiana Jones and Henry Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're moving towards Dave's intervention Part II.

:rotfl:monkey3

collector freak : have reason on the painting , but the faces of the sculpture is becoming better !!! like the quality of the clothes , :chew

Miles is right. And no matter how good any of Sideshow's prototypes look, the paint jobs will always turn out horrendous. It always happens. Look at the most recent Padme figure. The sculpt was so promising and then the final product looks plain scary. The eyes are horrifically placed.

I won't go so far as to say it always happens, but its true that the paint apps have killed some great sideshow sculpts. I do get a little nervous when I see a great face sculpt because I worry about the paint apps. I'm still excited about Sideshow's Indy.

you honestly don't know how much I was looking forward to sideshow's first anakin figure... till it arrived at my house.. I honestly did not even want it anymore... thank darren for saving it.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're moving towards Dave's intervention Part II.

:rotfl:monkey3

It can't come soon enough. :monkey4

As for Sideshow's prototype-to-production paint apps... they are getting MUCH better in that category. See: Old Ben, Palpatine, etc. In fact, I'm starting to like the production paint apps better than SS's prototypes. :monkey1

I haven't gotten a sideshow 12" in awhile (Plo Koon) that's really awesome that they are getting better.

My only issue with Sideshow paint is the "surprised eyes" because it's the only part I can't fix easily myself.

As for Sideshow's prototype-to-production paint apps... they are getting MUCH better in that category. See: Old Ben, Palpatine, etc. In fact, I'm starting to like the production paint apps better than SS's prototypes. :monkey1

Especially those but more often than not they did a solid job overall on past figures too. They have their misses of course but so does everyone else including Medicom or HT (See the Jack Sparrow V1 figure)

I see that many discuss the sculptures of a brand or another , boys...... need recognize that the essence of the faces of the characters in medicom are achieved !! may have more or less detail that the sideshow , but they are also very good !!!!!!!!

I see that many discuss the sculptures of a brand or another , boys...... need recognize that the essence of the faces of the characters in medicom are achieved !! may have more or less detail that the sideshow , but they are also very good !!!!!!!!

You're right, but you also need to recognize that some people like to quietly appreciate the pros and cons, some just need to yell and scream about it.
Such is the beauty and craziness that is the Freaks Board.

It can't come soon enough. :monkey4

I only ever hear those two figures in argument. Got anymore?

Better pics from the
Toys R Evil Blog
2354647425_f824702986_o.png

2355476180_c2669b60ef_o.jpg

I think they looks awesome!!

There's plenty of SSC figure with great factory paint. Jedi Luke, Sith Anakin both Connor MacLeods, Spike, The Master...

The problem is for every one of those, you get Aragorn, Yavin Luke and Illum Padme. I don't think Ben Kenobi or Plapatine are an indicator that the factory problems have been solved once and for all. The finished product has always been a matter of Russian roulette and probably always will be.

:lol Exactly right, I've brought that up before....just because of Sideshow's QC history of bad paint apps. and they put out 2-3 figures in a row DOES NOT mean they're in the clear.

I think Bespin Luke, Old Kenobi (those two I've seen in person) and Palpatine looked good but then they shoot themselves in the foot again with the eye mess-up on Padme.

And whoever mentioned that Sideshow's paints are "flat and emotionless"...I agree...they really do more to hinder the headsculpts than help them...covering up any possible wrinkles and even facial pores than some sculptors put on them. Sideshow should take a page from Hot Toys book and learn how they get their figure heads molded and painted.

Trevor's Indy headsculpt looks AMAZING!!!! And that photo comparison with Ford really shows that. But something in the paint apps even of the prototype lost something in the comparison.

This is not to say that Medicom's is better. The photos aren't great and we see only two shots of the head sculpt. I think Sideshow's Indy is the best out of the two from what we've seen. But this can all change when we get to production.

edit: oh crap...just saw the new pics.

They nailed both likenesses. Medicom's sculpts are much more vibrant and "alive" than Sideshows. That's a point that cannot be argued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back