Medicom Evangelion Eva 01

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
End of Evangelion Eva 02 design >>>>>>>> All other Eva designs

Come on Medicom make it happen!

My proxy buyer said the wonderfest 00 sold out in about a minute.

Good thing I have a back-up

Wow. There were only 100 for Wonderfest though and 500 for online. I snagged one of those online ones (assuming nothing goes wrong with their stock allocation).

First release came with an AT field.

Yep, but how true is that? Maybe Medicom decided to include the AT field on the reissue anyway. :rotfl

Some pics of the 00 I found. :monkey2

Siona1374642139.jpeg

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/161165#tab/official/date/8/1

Last edited:
Hi momaw, is your 01 the 1st release or re-issue?

Looks like a first release.

ADE3B98E-6A54-4431-99F6-97B07E576207-30765-00001A8CF46D6B93_zps864f66b6.jpg

I haven't seen any 01's WITHOUT the AT field. haha

As you can see from the pic above, the AT Field is supposed to be limited edition and the marketing material from Medicon said only the initial release would have the AT Field. That said, I'm not convinced there has been a second release which would mean you are right and they all have the AT Field. I'm not sure they sold in high enough quantities to warrant a second issue looking at how few people report ownership on various boards around the net. I don't buy much Medicom so maybe someone else can comment as to how often they re-issue items once sold out.

I've had a chance to play with my new Unit 1 and have some thoughts (and heaps of pictures) on Unit 1 and Unit 2 differences.

As was mentioned by another poster, Unit 1 is light. Unit 2 is a little heavier. By contrast the box for Unit 1 is heavier than Unit 2.

Regarding the box, when I opened up Unit 1 I was disappointed to find it was not a window box like Unit 2. But then I opened the box and found a second one inside which was a window box. So it seems Unit 1 has a standard box and then for the first run limited edition it is double boxed with the extra pieces. Unit 2 just had the single window box which has limited edition plastered all over it. This to me lends credence to the idea that there will be no re-issues after the first run as Medicom has given up the packaging style from Unit 1 which was clearly intended to cater for an initial limited release and then a standard release.

I think the build quality on Unit 2 is better. It feels more solid in the joints. Likewise the paint on Unit 2 has a glossier and more natural feel. I think they have got some of the colour into the plastic on Unit 2 rather than just painting it as Unit 1 is. Looking at pics of Unit 0, it seems to have the more matt finish of Unit 1 rather than the gloss of Unit 2 so they may be going back to that style of painting. I also find the wrist pegs on both to be a little loose.

All up though, they are fantastic and go well together. While pricey I think they are the best representation of the Eva's so far and while I enjoy my smaller scale Eva', you really want these to be big and the Medicoms are.

Now, pictures.

IMG_1293_zpsc36d8c21.jpg

IMG_1298_zpsdc6011bb.jpg

IMG_1299_zps58420351.jpg

IMG_1303_zpsad071fd3.jpg

IMG_1307_zpsb0c4525c.jpg

IMG_1308_zpsb9da1805.jpg

IMG_1311_zps44d448d6.jpg

IMG_1312_zps1f6f62a9.jpg

IMG_1313_zps1dd9bff2.jpg

IMG_1314_zps38aef26d.jpg

Received 00 today and it's good, quality is like 01, have some weird seams on the feet but overall it's ok (nm the seams it on all of them :p).
02 is still better with the glossy finish but that's because Asuka need the most beautiful EVA ^^.

Fhvbdg.jpg

Last edited:
Received 00 today and it's good, quality is like 01, have some weird seams on the feet but overall it's ok.
02 is still better with the glossy finish but that's because Asuka need the most beautiful EVA ^^.

Fhvbdg.jpg

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Did you get it straight from wondercon or live in China?
I have a preorder for one but it's not until oct.
Which is fine, I have a ton of **** to buy haha

wonderfull... i'm waiting my preorder from Anime island... any words when it will be avaible?

Received 00 today and it's good, quality is like 01, have some weird seams on the feet but overall it's ok (nm the seams it on all of them :p).

Fhvbdg.jpg

So jealous of you right now. I'm still having trouble finding one locally. Congrats to you buddy.

Back